This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Jbrain,

so far I see no reason to accomplish an extra id check, when paypal has done it before. Thats a point for you. With an credit card it would be a different game.

I see nothing in the terms of Gearbest that they will check the customers id, when you want to send a shippment to a second (new) address, but in fact, a new addess could be a hint to a security risk. Even Amazon gets a little nervous, I noticed that in the past. I have there 3 shippment adresses.

Maybe Gearbest should check a new address with an Email confirmation of the customer. Easy and save for you, just to click on a link in an Email.

By the way you ordered around the 24th of december, maybe not a time to get the regular response fast to your order. It needs offen a couple of days until a tracking number will be seen in the tracking software from china. I asked myself offen, what happens in the days after shipped out and disappearing for some days, but so far I have no plausibel answer. Maybe between shipping out and leaving the house is a difference of some days. Anyway when it will be delivered in the estimated time, I have no problem. At the moment I have an order from 19th december running and the tracker does still find nothing, but I'm patient. The priority line to germany needs time at the start.

One thing Jbrain, leave the politics out here. The Represantive of Gearbest is not responsible for any politics in china. Trolling against her is kinda rude.

So far. I hope you can be a little bit patient.

JD

Comment

Hi Lin, I ordered a quad copter from GearBest and it shows as shipped on Dec20 and I was provided a tracking number. My order number is W1612161256109574. I am trying to track the package but I am not able to find any information on the location of the package or any information related to it. Can you provide me a status on where the package is

Comment

How long does it take to ship a stocked item?
        From processing to shipped?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupon.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	619475Click image for larger version  Name:	Coupon.JPG Views:	1 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	619474
          Originally posted by JDfense View Post
          Hello Jbrain,

so far I see no reason to accomplish an extra id check, when paypal has done it before. Thats a point for you. With an credit card it would be a different game.

I see nothing in the terms of Gearbest that they will check the customers id, when you want to send a shippment to a second (new) address, but in fact, a new addess could be a hint to a security risk. Even Amazon gets a little nervous, I noticed that in the past. I have there 3 shippment adresses.

Maybe Gearbest should check a new address with an Email confirmation of the customer. Easy and save for you, just to click on a link in an Email.

By the way you ordered around the 24th of december, maybe not a time to get the regular response fast to your order. It needs offen a couple of days until a tracking number will be seen in the tracking software from china. I asked myself offen, what happens in the days after shipped out and disappearing for some days, but so far I have no plausibel answer. Maybe between shipping out and leaving the house is a difference of some days. Anyway when it will be delivered in the estimated time, I have no problem. At the moment I have an order from 19th december running and the tracker does still find nothing, but I'm patient. The priority line to germany needs time at the start.

One thing Jbrain, leave the politics out here. The Represantive of Gearbest is not responsible for any politics in china. Trolling against her is kinda rude.

So far. I hope you can be a little bit patient.

JD
          You're right, politics have nothing to do with this and I shouldn't have mentioned it, it was just that I felt very upset because Gearbest insisted on private info, and Lin just ignored the issue in that regard.

I don't need to have any more patience, since they have cancelled and refunded the order already. By the way, the order was to my regular address not a new one, and Christmas and New Year are no holidays in China.

I'm only not sure if I ever will order again from Gearbest, as I tried to place an order for a Beelink M18 box, and received a 10% coupon which clearly said " Conditions of use : No Limited", but when I applied the coupon there was no discount.

Went to the live chat and was told not on this item because it is discounted. Well, 90% of the products on Gearbest are " discounted ", and in my book No limit means no limit, so it must be some clickbait.

Comment

And today I can announce another disappointing service from Gearbest.

An order W1612280839198549 that should have been shipped out on 29 December according to the order details has the status PACKED now for more than SIXTY HOURS.

Since the Gearbest live chat has told me that there are NO holidays in China currently, why would am item not be shipped out when it is ready and packed for more than 60 hours already?

My guess is that it is because the status is FALSE and it isn't even in stock.

The " wait a little longer" and " we improve our service" statements from the online chat are also getting pretty tiresome, when it is clear that no improvements are made at all.

There is still one more paid order processing currently, which should ship today on 31 December, but I already fear the worst for that one also.

Comment

They may not be in a holiday, but the impact of Christmas would surely be experienced there. The shear volume of shipments will add to possible delays. There is only so much time in the day. I don't know the details of your situation, but this year, shippers were pushed to the absolute limit and beyond, I would think retailers were stretched too.

In any event, hope it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                They may not be in a holiday, but the impact of Christmas would surely be experienced there. The shear volume of shipments will add to possible delays. There is only so much time in the day. I don't know the details of your situation, but this year, shippers were pushed to the absolute limit and beyond, I would think retailers were stretched too.

In any event, hope it all works out.
                I understand that retailers probably are busy, but if so they should state it on the order page, it is as easy to say it will ship on date x as it is to say it will ship on 29 December.

Yet, once it is packed, as they claim, I don't see a reason why it should take 72 ( and counting) more hours to get it shipped.

I stand by my previous comment that I suspect that the "packed" status is a fake.

Comment

You need to calm down...

Just some words from my side:

It sometimes takes a while that a package is trackable... and yes, sometimes more than 3 days and delivery often takes more than 8 weeks to Germany incl customs... so what?!?

I regular buy at Chinese market places as Gearbest and some others, and it takes it´s time. It arrives when it arrives.

If you want to safe money, you should wait patiently...
                  If you need a quicker shipping, you need to buy at a local supplier. It´s just nice and easy....

...and... the representative of Gearbest is not responsible for any delay. Your behavior just mirrors the missing of your intercultural competence.

It would be nice if you would stop this aggressive behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigattoni View Post
                    You need to calm down...

Just some words from my side:

It sometimes takes a while that a package is trackable... and yes, sometimes more than 3 days and delivery often takes more than 8 weeks to Germany incl customs... so what?!?

I regular buy at Chinese market places as Gearbest and some others, and it takes it´s time. It arrives when it arrives.

If you want to safe money, you should wait patiently...
                    If you need a quicker shipping, you need to buy at a local supplier. It´s just nice and easy....

...and... the representative of Gearbest is not responsible for any delay. Your behavior just mirrors the missing of your intercultural competence.

It would be nice if you would stop this aggressive behavior.
                    The point is not that it isn't trackable yet, 74 hours after the "packed" status was entered no tracking number is provided yet.

So why would a packed shipment lay around another 3 days without getting shipped out?

The shipment is by Kerry Express, which is also a China based express courier service, so they will also have no holidays currently.

Comment

Lets keep unnecessary mudslinging out of the conversations please.

One of the problems that can occur at very busy times, especially Christmas is the inability for the handlers and couriers to handle the amount of goods being sent abroad.

This can sometimes result in extended delays in tracking because there are simply no available slots on planes etc.

There is a lesson to be learned though for the future and that is that based on general experience, it may be prudent for all vendors to think about a notification thread that essentially states that at a certain cut off point there will be inevitable delays in delivery due to the sheer amount of goods being processed, for which some are out of the control of the vendor.

I'm sure that Lin will take any factually based feedback and pass it on through the line for any appropriate changes that can be made to ensure that realistic expectations can be met and to alert prospective purchasers at these busy times of the year.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                        Lets keep unnecessary mudslinging out of the conversations please.

One of the problems that can occur at very busy times, especially Christmas is the inability for the handlers and couriers to handle the amount of goods being sent abroad.

This can sometimes result in extended delays in tracking because there are simply no available slots on planes etc.

There is a lesson to be learned though for the future and that is that based on general experience, it may be prudent for all vendors to think about a notification thread that essentially states that at a certain cut off point there will be inevitable delays in delivery due to the sheer amount of goods being processed, for which some are out of the control of the vendor.

I'm sure that Lin will take any factually based feedback and pass it on through the line for any appropriate changes that can be made to ensure that realistic expectations can be met and to alert prospective purchasers at these busy times of the year.
                        My understanding is that from the point that it leaves the Gearbest premises a tracking number is provided, regardless of the fact that it is trackable yet, or even has reached an airport.

I know from other large online retailers, that they inform the courier service online that a package is ready to be picked up, and the tracking number is automatically rewarded. I assume it works like this worldwide.

This explains the period of non trackable time, because the courier doesn't pick up the package right away after he is informed of course.

The fact that no tracking number is provided 73 hours after packing has been completed, is because the courier isn't informed that there is a package ready to pick up.

I can think of only 1 reason why Kerry Express isn't informed yet.

I have been in touch with the live chat more than 12 hours ago, so why are they still unable to enter the details of the shipment in their database ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrain View Post

My understanding is that from the point that it leaves the Gearbest premises a tracking number is provided, regardless of the fact that it is trackable yet, or even has reached an airport.

I know from other large online retailers, that they inform the courier service online that a package is ready to be picked up, and the tracking number is automatically rewarded. I assume it works like this worldwide.

This explains the period of non trackable time, because the courier doesn't pick up the package right away after he is informed of course.

The fact that no tracking number is provided 73 hours after packing has been completed, is because the courier isn't informed that there is a package ready to pick up.

I can think of only 1 reason why Kerry Express isn't informed yet.

I have been in touch with the live chat more than 12 hours ago, so why are they still unable to enter the details of the shipment in their database ?
                          It is not uncommon for tracking to appear for more than 72 hours.

However I would normally expect the vendor to be in receipt of a tracking identification number from their end, although it can also be the case that the tracking number that one party has may be different from that which you ultimately receive from the courier.

See what Lin has to say when she has had a chance to investigate further on Monday.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

However I would normally expect the vendor to be in receipt of a tracking identification number from their end,
                            That is exactly what I tried to explain, so if the item really was packed then I would have received a email and tracking number, and the status would be changed to " shipped"

Comment

Just received a message tha the item has been shipped, and as usual it includes an image from the package with the tracking number, which confirms that the vendor indeed issues the tracking number himself.

Print date shown on the documents was 31/12/2016

Comment

Interesting.
                                By the way, Lin has some days off. So don't be surprised, when tomorrow will come no response.

JD

Comment

Working...
                                X