This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROBLEM SOLVED
    gearbest, problem with new Mecool M8S Pro L not having HDCP supported, PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!! Problem was me being a fool..........

Since this device was for my spare bedroom, that is where I set it up. TV is a year or two old, 36" LCD from Sceptre, and for whatever reason, it shows the HDCP unprotected. Ok, after checking that, I brought it into my main TV area and connected it to my main 65" Samsung 4k smart TV, via my 4 port, 4k HDMI switch. Same problem, HDCP unsupported....WOW, bad box.

Fast forward a couple of days, I was still tinkering with my Mecool M8S Pro PLUS with Netflix in HD, well Netflix stopped working, checked the DRMinfo app, and guess what, I lost the HDCP on this box. I could not figure out what I did to lose the HDCP on this box. On my setup, I have about 8 or 9 different Android boxes connected to my TV in different ways. So, I started testing different connections to my TV. Bang, when I connected my boxes directly to an input on my Denon AVR, the DRMinfo app shows the HDCP fully supported now, and Netflix plays in 1080P.

In summation, I owe Gearbest an apology,
    More importantly, for anyone having a similar issue, try a different TV or connection to the TV. These boxes are finicky about the HDCP path.

Edit 2: The reason I purchased this box with Netflix was to use it in the spare bedroom, so, my granddaughter could watch Netflix when she is here. But, it is a bummer that It will not work on her TV (neither of my mecool boxes, that supports Netflix in HD). My Nexus Player, with Netflix will work on her TV, also, I took one of my older Amlogic S905 boxes and installed Kodi Liea beta, and that gives her Netflix in 720p, which will work.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by CSGearbest View Post

Yes,we have received your details.
      Could you please send a video of the error and MAC to us?
      So that we can check your issue properly.
      Thank you for your patience and collaboration.
      Problem solved, ERROR on MY part. Ticket closed..........
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Clark did it...

JD

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
          Clark did it...

JD
          It took a lot to get over my shame, that I did not fully diagnose the situation. Again, that old "ASSUME" got me again.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Problem solved, ERROR on MY part. Ticket closed..........
            Hello,
            We are very happy to hear this.
            If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.
            Have a good day!

Comment

Hello,
              We are very happy to hear this.
              If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.
              Have a good day!
              also. with regards to:

ticket ID: WT17110204095
              keyboard....WB1711021337379468. **
              usb hub.....WP1711012308282719
              add to primary dhl shipment:

#WB1711020034233693
              Many thanks for your extra efforts. CK

When pricing did not go correctly, I made two additional orders thinking you would marry the shipping together.
              Not good thinking on my behalf, I will not do that again.

However you came to my quick rescue by changing the shipping Warehouse, and shipping USPS Express at your expense.
              I am more than appreciative, this order actually beat my DHL order to the house.
              Again I thank your staff for the quick thinking, and decision-making Beyond expectations.
              You make it hard to be disloyal.
              Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

also. with regards to:

ticket ID: WT17110204095
                keyboard....WB1711021337379468. **
                usb hub.....WP1711012308282719
                add to primary dhl shipment:

#WB1711020034233693
                Many thanks for your extra efforts. CK

When pricing did not go correctly, I made two additional orders thinking you would marry the shipping together.
                Not good thinking on my behalf, I will not do that again.

However you came to my quick rescue by changing the shipping Warehouse, and shipping USPS Express at your expense.
                I am more than appreciative, this order actually beat my DHL order to the house.
                Again I thank your staff for the quick thinking, and decision-making Beyond expectations.
                You make it hard to be disloyal.
                We would like to thank you for your kind review.
                Please note that we can't ship different orders into one package.Different orders can only ship separately.

We at Gearbest will always do our best to ensure customer satisfaction, and it is good to hear the results of this have paid off for you.

We look forward to seeing you at Gearbest.com again soon.

Many thanks,

Comment

We would like to thank you for your kind review.
                  Please note that we can't ship different orders into one package.Different orders can only ship separately.

We at Gearbest will always do our best to ensure customer satisfaction, and it is good to hear the results of this have paid off for you.

We look forward to seeing you at Gearbest.com again soon.

Many thanks,
                  Well on the point of shipping, let me ask if I order a device And two small items...
                  my DHL shipping has a slightly lower price.
                  I assume this is because I bought three items.
                  At that time I am under the impression they all qualify for expedited shipping. Not so?
                  How would they be handled?

Related to my post above, while the keyboard is pretty slick, and most features work well...
                  The actual keyboard will not reproduce the selected keystrokes on screen. Another words it's useless for typing, it's DOA.

I've opened the ticket, and tried my best to upload a video of small size.
                  I hope to get it replaced, and receive the alfawise Wireless model lnstead
                  Would you have time to take a look, and see how customer service will proceed?
                  Thank you much, as always, for your assistance.
                  Last edited by ClarkKent; 11-08-2017, 08:09.

Comment

Well on the point of shipping, let me ask if I order a device And two small items...
                    my DHL shipping has a slightly lower price.
                    I assume this is because I bought three items.
                    At that time I am under the impression they all qualify for expedited shipping. Not so?
                    How would they be handled?

Related to my post above, while the keyboard is pretty slick, and most features work well...
                    The actual keyboard will not reproduce the selected keystrokes on screen. Another words it's useless for typing, it's DOA.

I've opened the ticket, and tried my best to upload a video of small size.
                    I hope to get it replaced, and receive the alfawise Wireless model lnstead
                    Would you have time to take a look, and see how customer service will proceed?
                    Thank you much, as always, for your assistance.
                    We sincerely sorry to hear this about your item.

How to calculate the shipping cost:
                    Please add all the items to cart, and then choose the country you want the order to be shipped to.
                    The estimate shipping cost and total amount will be displayed for each shipping method.
                    For more information about shipping http://www.gearbest.com/about/shipping-methods.html
                    Learn more about Gearbest's process http://www.gearbest.com/about/faq.html
                    The shipping method depends on you choose when you place the order.

We have replied your ticket.
                    Please rest assured that we will offer you the right resolution for your case.

Comment

I will wait on customer service, and attempt using my best patience. They are generally very good.
                      It is the website merry go round that frustrates customer.

Anny we are missing each other on my shipping question. I know how to order and select shipping and read the calculation.
                      My question is I ordered three items I calculate DHL, supposedly for the entire order. I believe all pieces will come via DHL.
                      In the event of split shipping, which I'm being told is common practice.
                      How are the Lesser items shipped? Does the device come in 7 to 10 days and the smaller items follow behind in 20?

Hopefully I am making sense, what process and shipper is used for the Lesser items?
                      Thanks for your clarification... CK

Comment

I will wait on customer service, and attempt using my best patience. They are generally very good.

Anny we are missing each other on my shipping question. I know how to order and select shipping and read the calculation.
                        My question is I ordered three items I calculate DHL, supposedly for the entire order. I believe all pieces will come via DHL.
                        How are the Lesser items shipped? Does the device come in 7 to 10 days and the smaller items follow behind in 20?

Hopefully I am making sense, what process and shipper is used for the Lesser items?
                        hi,
                        First, we all want to deal with your problem.

but all website have one rule, it is that we can't add your all package in one order, It involves the weight of the package, shipping costs, in order to avoid over-weight parcels are not available or damaged during transport, we need to secure the package according to the choice of each order to the customer.

Other customers know the rule and they don't tangle this question.

I hope that you can understand that it is not that we do not accept this issue because we must abide by the rules.

Nice day,
                        Anny

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
                        #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

Hello,
                          Thank you for your inquiry.
                          I have reviewed your words with our manager.We would like to offer you below clarification .
                          If the shipping method is DHL,please rest assured that the second part will be shipped with DHL as well in the future.
                          We will shipped all products with the shipping method which choose by our customer place the order.
                          If your order ship with another shipping method,please contact us for the compensation.
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by CSGearbest

Hello,
                            We did ship your order out,you can track here http://track.bpostchina.com/.
                            Please check your email for shipping information.
                            Thank you
                            Many thanks for your excellent service.

Item arrived in 9-10 days at me in Malta, with no issues with customs.
                            This BELGIUM POST method seems to work pretty well.

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

Comment

Perfect ....You Are the Best !

​​​​​​ "If the shipping method is DHL,please rest assured that the second part will be shipped with DHL as well in the future.
                              We will shipped all products with the shipping method which choose by our customer place the order".

- Thank you Anny.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
                                Many thanks for your excellent service.

Item arrived in 9-10 days at me in Malta, with no issues with customs.
                                This BELGIUM POST method seems to work pretty well.

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted
                                Hi,
                                We are so delighted to hear this.

If you need any help, please feel free to contact us again.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Comment

Working...
                                X