MXQ PRO+ Firmware Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
    @gearbest This is your chance to shine, read this and the other threads to be aware of the issues your customers are having with the MXQ Pro+, work with the manufacturer to release a fixed firmware to resolve the problems with the MXQ Pro+ and you will surely win back the support of many Freaktab users. Perhaps even activate the OTA update function, if that's possible. Simply sending the stock firmware that is already installed in the TV box does not resolve the issues.
    MXQ Pro+ product = http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_354314.html (Please do not confuse with the MXQ Pro products)

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-16gb-recovery

Hey, I will try to give you one answer tomorrow. It is very late in China at this moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
    #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

gearbest
      We hope for a positive answer... Because this box is like nothing... My older tv box is 3 years old, and do more things that this mxq pro+... As a seller.. You need to put pressure on the manufacturer, because they are selling you a big garbage, and you are selling their product... And destroying your own image...

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post

Hey, I will try to give you one answer tomorrow. It is very late in China at this moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.
        Thank you for your prompt reply, I will point out that the Stock Firmware has already been made available to a Freaktab member, it fixes nothing, the box works the same after.
        I have personally attempted to contact the manufacturer directly but they choose not to respond. So we, your customers, have to rely on you, Gearbest, to stand behind the product you sold to us. You have the leverage with the manufacturer of the MXQ Pro+. Sadly, the MXQ Pro+ was released to market without proper testing.

HK1 Pro Plus
        FlowFon F1
        H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
        MXQ Pro+
        R-TVBOX Mini+
        MK809III

Comment

Dear Gearbest

I am also MXQ PRO+ owner.
          It is very disappointing to see that you are still selling this box on your website.
          It is very disappointing to see that you reply to customers in your questions and answers saying that kodi can be updated from the play store when in fact it cannot be updated from play store, you are not only selling a very bad product, you are misleading customers.
          An honest retailer would suspend from selling this product until a new firmware will be released.

1. Nothing can be installed from play store as everything is "not compatible", including Kodi.
          2. Kodi shuts down every time you try and add a new add-on.
          3. Machine restart every now and then.
          4. No navigation bar at the bottom.
          5. Machine is very slow for a 2gb RAM.

Please come back to us with a solution.

Comment

I also bought an mxq pro+ from gearbest. Looked good on paper. I have all the same problems. At least their is a group forming to try and get a working firmware. what is kind of deceptive about gearbest are the reviews. Every product has 4.5 to 5 stars. Im pretty sure every mxq pro+ that has been sold has these problem, so they have to be writing a bunch of reviews for their own product and deleting some of the bad ones. I knew what their return and refund policy was which is kind of a rip off. They did live up to it. I got half back 22.00 in gear best rewards and gearbest wallet $. So I got a box that restarts about once a day, after i uninstalled/disabled almost every app and system app, exept kodi and es file explore. I used es file explore to download new kodi 16.1. The playstor doesn't work anymore, but you cant download anything anyway. It did make a differance. But is still annoying. So I think there will be a fix eventually, but a couple months down the road. So I got a Mxq pro+ for $22, and have to wait for updated firmware. It isn't worth the time and effort in $ terms, but it is a little side project that is kind of fun. I have an M8s+ (not the mini m8s+) that works really good to watch kodi on in the mean time. I would recommend the m8s+. Both are made by eny. Well thats my experience with this box so far. Some one come up with a fix, it would be appreciated.

Comment

The main thing for me is..... We just need a firmware which allow the user to do simple things... Example:
              - install facebook, kodi, youtube, chrome, other browsers, speedtest - SUMMARY: All simple apps from market.
              - Fix bugs with the hardware, Sometimes, my box turn off the wifi connection.... and I need to reboot the box...
              - Fix encoding/decoding Video, we have a lot of "lag" watching movie on youtube, and for example with MX Player (or any other player) we feel video lag for 720p 1080p and 4k resolutions, I think at least 1080p resolution should works properly.
              - Games from at least 2013/2014, no the Tetris game. - Fix GPU/CPU drivers

And yes, we can have customs roms, etc.... BUT at least we need a stable firmware from the manufacturer! because we paid to have a android box, no a plastic box to decorate.

gearbest

Comment

Originally posted by gearbest View Post
                Hi Every Member,

We contacted the manufacturer. And they gave us this firmware.

Please have a try to see if it is gonna work.

And please tell me if problems arise.

I hope the manufacturer didn't fool me.

Comment

hey, I shared the link to download the MXQ Pro+ in the thread http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...mware-download

please go there and see if it is gonna work.

Comment

Gearbest posted a link to new firmware from manufacturer to try.
                    HK1 Pro Plus
                    FlowFon F1
                    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                    MXQ Pro+
                    R-TVBOX Mini+
                    MK809III

Comment

I've ordered 4 of these from GearBest, they're still in the post but having recently read all of the negativity surrounding these boxes, I'm hoping that someone now has something positive to say regarding this firmware..?

Comment

Originally posted by api182 View Post
                        I've ordered 4 of these from GearBest, they're still in the post but having recently read all of the negativity surrounding these boxes, I'm hoping that someone now has something positive to say regarding this firmware..?
                        I hope so too! please come with something positive !

Comment

Will Test and give a try.
                          Maybe make a Custom Rom for it.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                            Will Test and give a try.
                            Maybe make a Custom Rom for it.

Neomode
                            I think that is the only that that could save this crap box.

One of them already bricked for good as Amlogic Burntool doesn't detect the box (Powers on just fine). And since there is no SD Firmware to test I'm out of luck.

The other Box workes with the bugs already known.

I will try this new update without getting my hopes up...

Comment

The file is rar. Do i need to rename it as zip so the box can see it in ota update app from the box?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
                                The file is rar. Do i need to rename it as zip so the box can see it in ota update app from the box?

As I haven't received mine yet, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe in that RAR file you'll find an image file (.img) and you'll need to use the USB Burn Tool to flash it?

Comment

Working...
                                X