Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexbox A95X Pro Android TV OS 2GB/16GB Netflix 720P Youtube 4K Amlogic S905W 4K TV Box with Voice Remote 2.4G WiFi LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GeekBuying_Rep

I see installed firmware is userdebug with test keys.

Firmware must be user and release-keys instead of userdebug, if not user then Google doesn't certify a device or give Widevine L1 DRM.
    Google would never certify a device with root capabilities and Safetynet would fail with any root or userdebug firmware with SELinux as permissive.

I also see the Netflix number is NEXUSFUGU, that is Google's own media player and usually used in custom firmwares that don't have Netflix's permission to stream on AndroidTV.
    I don't think Netflix would give a different device's name permission to stream if it went through the certification process with them.

Nexus Fugu, Nvidia Shield & MiBox are all using 'user' firmware without root and have a unique Netflix ESN identifier number which is not the case here.

Also can't find any information about Nexbox in Google's Certified list or Intel's HDCP partner list unless they are not listed yet.

I have a suspicion they are using some hacked way to stream Netflix 1080p but maybe I'm wrong.
    If that is the case, they can get in serious trouble for copyright circumvention and profiting from it.

Regards

Comment

Ya that a big deal in China all the copy right infraction cases that are on going. If they dont care about apple/Microsoft why would Netflix scare them. Seriously?

I removed the net flick apk install another post few from the device in new Netflix apk but seems to be HD. Just trying to check stream quality ect.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        GeekBuying_Rep

Firmware must be user and release-keys instead of userdebug, if not user then Google doesn't certify a device or give Widevine L1 DRM.
        Google would never certify a device with root capabilities and Safetynet would fail with any root or userdebug firmware with SELinux as permissive.

I also see the Netflix number is NEXUSFUGU, that is Google's own media player and usually used in custom firmwares that don't have Netflix's permission to stream on AndroidTV.
        I don't think Netflix would give a different device's name permission to stream if it went through the certification process with them.

Nexus Fugu, Nvidia Shield & MiBox are all using 'user' firmware without root and have a unique Netflix ESN identifier number which is not the case here.

Also can't find any information about Nexbox in Google's Certified list or Intel's HDCP partner list unless they are not listed yet.

I have a suspicion they are using some hacked way to stream Netflix 1080p but maybe I'm wrong.
        If that is the case, they can get in serious trouble for copyright circumvention and profiting from it.

Regards
        Yes that is correct... it also need to pass CTS that is about 180k+ tests.... +/-

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          GeekBuying_Rep

Regards
          thanks for your feedback.
          we will also transferred these ideas to supplier.
          Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

Any information on getting a copy of the firmware?? thanks
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              Any information on getting a copy of the firmware?? thanks
              we are still communicating with the supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post

we are still communicating with the supplier.
                Thanks.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

New coupon:NEXBOX5

Comment

@GeekBuying_Rep no news about the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by brunomsg View Post
                      @GeekBuying_Rep no news about the firmware?
                      +1

Comment

The Firmware has to be released kinda silly a month after still no stock firmware released for the device. Geekbuying please press the manufacturer for the firmware please.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          The Firmware has to be released kinda silly a month after still no stock firmware released for the device. Geekbuying please press the manufacturer for the firmware please.
                          the supplier refused to give the firmware now as they are afraid that someone will copy the firmware.
                          but we will try our best to talk with them.

Comment

Ohh.. mine is bricked right now! I want to bought more units for colleagues but I'm afraid of don't having supplier support...
                            Last edited by brunomsg; 05-29-2018, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuying_Rep View Post

the supplier refused to give the firmware now as they are afraid that someone will copy the firmware.
                              but we will try our best to talk with them.
                              That is distressing news!!!!

Comment

piracy is Common in China so what?

Comment

Working...
                                X