Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX PLUS AMLOGIC S905X3 ANDROID 9.0 8K VIDEO DECODE TV BOX 2.4G+5.8G WIFI BLUETOOTH 1000MBPS LAN FIRMWARE UPDATED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem:
    TWRP (for run from USB), I gess for any version (for start only, not will installed)
    TWRP 3.3.1 for 2/16 (for firmware)
    TWRP 3.3.1 for 4/32/64 (for firmware)
    Firmware 20191213 - 1206 - only for 2/16 version
    Firmware 20191213 -1457- only for 4/32 and 4/64 versions
    Use winrar of new version.

Firmware 20200620 - 1131 - update, using stock recovery, only for 4/32/64 - versions. No need to use any repackers.
    Last edited by V@lo; 07-31-2020, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by V@lo View Post
      No problem TWRP
      Firmware 20191213 only for 4/32 and 4/64 versions (use winrar of new version)
      thank you!

Dam....I have 2/16 device

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
        Dam....I have 2/16 device
        I edit my post. Use with pleasure :-)

Comment

I edit my post. Use with pleasure :-)
          THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

TWRP can mount any partition?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
            TWRP can mount any partition?
            I gess so. If no - copy needed files to internal storage previously

Comment

Latest firmware - https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...s2-tv-box.html

I put zip on a usb and selected update using installed update apk. No issues - runs smoothly

Comment

can anyone tell me the difference between X96 Max Plus x X96 Max Plus2?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur View Post
                  can anyone tell me the difference between X96 Max Plus x X96 Max Plus2?
                  I just got a few of these X96 Max PLus2 , box 4/64 and I8 keyboard for $49 ea. Aliexpress Reyfoon Office Store
                  They came with this latest firmware
                  X96Max_Plus2_20200818-2014_4GB_update
                  But have a few issues like when on screen keyboard shown and you type text with i8 keyboard the enter key is a "q"
                  No way to close apps "Alt Tab" brings up a blank screen, need nav bar like stated on first page of this thread.

AIDA64 reports it CPU is 64bit ARMv8-A (32 bit mode)
                  They said in these thread the X96 Max Plus was not 64bit and a ARMv7-A
                  So maybe that is the change

Screenshots
                  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjwkJQ55ySuHqBgm...flVM2?e=L3hCyc
                  Last edited by Rainey; 10-06-2020, 18:32.

Comment

At the end of 2020, on the latest firmware, I could only get the temporary TWRP from udisk to work.
                    Here's a mirror.

Originally posted by Rainey View Post

I just got a few of these X96 Max PLus2 , box 4/64 and I8 keyboard for $49 ea. Aliexpress Reyfoon Office Store
                    They came with this latest firmware
                    X96Max_Plus2_20200818-2014_4GB_update
                    But have a few issues like when on screen keyboard shown and you type text with i8 keyboard the enter key is a "q"
                    No way to close apps "Alt Tab" brings up a blank screen, need nav bar like stated on first page of this thread.

AIDA64 reports it CPU is 64bit ARMv8-A (32 bit mode)
                    They said in these thread the X96 Max Plus was not 64bit and a ARMv7-A
                    So maybe that is the change

Screenshots
                    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjwkJQ55ySuHqBgm...flVM2?e=L3hCyc

I just wanted to say that I was having similar issues when using a keyboard and mouse to operate the X96MaxPlus2.

The issue is that keyboard enter doesn't "send", but instead selects the letter it's on (default 'q').
                    Also, my mouse clicks wouldn't long press, causing organization headaches.

Both of these issues were fixed by using scrcpy.
                    You will also need an ADB setup.

Use a batch file like the following to quickly take control of the X96MaxPlus2.

Replace the ADB path, as well as the x, which is the internal IP of your PC.
                    It helps to bind a static IP under DHCP in your router settings.
                    You can adjust -m1280 to adjust size. This is the width (1280x720).

Save as X96MaxPlus2_scrcpy.bat

Code:
                    @echo
                    CD C:\path_to_ADB_folder\ADB\
                    adb disconnect
                    adb connect 192.168.0.x:5555
                    scrcpy -b2M -m1280

Comment

Firmware 20200620 - 1131 - update, using stock recovery, only for 4/32/64 - versions. No need to use any repackers.
                      THANKS for the OTA file!!!! Have a bricked 4GB unit I dont know whats wrong with the box, does not boot up (rev 4.0) after flashed bootloader not recogniced by burning tool but after plugging in DC and male-male box starts up?!?! Only way is try flashing OTA
                      https://mega.nz/file/fK43FCaR#EKHqjouP1roftYSh027v_NB9jQE5XDdvMhk3M_3Rs Ws

Comment

Working...
                      X