Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K4000pro: Marshmallow release?

Hi Oukitel,

I have the first question on FreakTab for you.

In the Internet Android 6 is announced for the K4000pro for May. The phone works fine with Android 5, no problem at all, but when comes Marshmallow?

JD

Hello, thanks much for your attention on K4000 Pro. We will surely update it to Marshmallow, but the update time is delayed due to the K6000 Pro. Our plan is to update K10000 to android marshmallow first, then it will be easier and quicker for us to update other devices. Yesterday we already send out K10000 to adjust Android 6.0. This takes some time and depends on the project process, so we can't promise an exact time for updating.

Once there is any more updating about it, we will publish news about it.
    http://oukitel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OUKITEL View Post
      Hello, thanks much for your attention on K4000 Pro. We will surely update it to Marshmallow, but the update time is delayed due to the K6000 Pro. Our plan is to update K10000 to android marshmallow first, then it will be easier and quicker for us to update other devices. Yesterday we already send out K10000 to adjust Android 6.0. This takes some time and depends on the project process, so we can't promise an exact time for updating.

Once there is any more updating about it, we will publish news about it.
      Well I read on the OUKITEL Facebook page that there will be NO Marshmellow update for the K4000 (Pro) which lead to many angry customers over at facebook.

It is not a such big deal if you don't update a phone compared to the case where you PROMISE a update and even advertise with it and then "forget" about it.

Comment

Yes bloodgnome it looks not good.
        The Android 5 works good, but the promised Android 6 would be a great plus.

I'm in contact with Oukitel. Maybe there is a little hope, but I won't promise anything.

JD

Comment

Waiting ...
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

I am waiting and I hope

Comment

Sorry guys, I have no good news.

Maybe we have to stay with Android 5.

JD

Comment

Facebook reads:
                Oukitel Smartphone No android6.0 for these models officially. But we have found a cooperator to do CM13 for K4000 Pro

On xda.. it says..that the firmware also will work on the k4000 non pro
                So, perhaps... time will tell

Comment

When you mean this project http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ative-t3319605 , then I would say, it looks more like dead fish in the water.

I had a little talk with OUKITEL, but no results so far.

JD

Comment

I have this phone am disappointed by Oukitel's lies they PROMISED that they would release android 6 with clearly no intention for ever doing so. They also lied in their advertising where they showed pictures of the screen going right to the edge but it reality it doesn't even get close. It is also very thick and heavy, takes forever to charge and for a battery of '4600' mah it seems to discharge a little quickly for my liking. I had a Cubot S200 before this and the build quality was way better wish I never 'upgraded'. There's lots of good Chinese manufacturers out there but Oukitel isn't one of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X