Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - iPega GP-9700 - Finless ROM 1.4

thanks for the great job! all set properly. a couple of questions:
    1 if I use the external SD, is it possible to add a parameter to 6gb on the fact there was only internal memory (with little internal SD)?
    2 substitution device for the market is a good idea, just maybe take some newer device model? (Can not install angry birds star wars - "the device is not supported")
    3 you need to take boot screen prettier

Not found problems with WiFi yet on my device. Where is litl issue - when USB or charge in - touch screen not work properly, but I think its hardware issue...

Comment

Is this ROM compatible with IPEGA GP-9701?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Hey folks! I was interested in one of these so GeekBuying sent me the GP-9700 to play with and make ROMs for.

Well 2 days into it and I wanted this thing to be faster and better! So I made my own ROM. My forst for a Game Pad that's for sure. I have done 1000's for Tablets and TV sticks so this was a first
      FUN TOO!

Anyway on with the info about my ROM.

Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU.
      The stock ROM was rooted but not well and with an old SuperSU.
      This is updated to the latest SuperSU and SU binary as of this date.

2) Stock ROM was only 1 Gig of APP space.
      BUT now you also have parameter file options!
      There are also 1gb, 2gb, and 4gb options.
      Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
      I made the default 2GB for this ROM.

3) Debloated of APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
      There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this release! Some of them did not even work.
      I also removed the game emulator stuff. Seemed old and you can get all this online.
      The test APPs are removed too. All this stuff should not be as System APPs. It slows things down!
      However in a folder in this ZIP called Removed_APPs, you will find these APPs and you can install them if you like.

4) I updated Google Play and required Google framework files to the latest versions.
      As of this date you should not need any updates from Google Play after first login!

5) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
      For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

6) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
      I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
      Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a PG-9100! Understand this please.
      I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
      If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
      Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
      Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
      Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a PG-9700.

7) Pre install APPS. These are APPS that install at first boot.
      They are not added as system APPs so you can uninstall them if you like.
      A reboot APP - It will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode), etc.
      A rotation locker APP - Some games rotate the screen to portrait like Temple Run.
      With this tool you can keep the Game Pad locked to landscape.
      CPU Master Free - Because I supply OC Kernels, this allows you to control the CPU speed.

8) OverClocked Kernel choices:
      Stock kernel is 1.6mhz with GPU at 400mhz and DDR and 400mhz.
      I provide you with some overclock kernels.
      kerneloc_cpu1800h_gpustock_ddr600.img - This is a slightly overclocked kernel to 1.8mhz and 600 DDR
      kerneloc_cpu1800h_gpustock_ddr667.img - This is a overclocked kernel to 1.8mhz and 667 DDR
      kerneloc_cpu1800h_gpu600_ddr600.img - This is a slightly overclocked kernel to 1.8mhz, GPU at 600, and 600 DDR
      kerneloc_cpu1800h_gpu600_ddr667.img - This is a overclocked kernel to 1.8mhz, GPU at 600, and 667 DDR

For ALL my ROMs, make sure you read the README.TXT file in the ZIP package!
      It has FULL instructions and more information about this ROM.

__________________________________________________ ____

Screen Shots:

__________________________________________________ ______

Here is the link to my Finless V1.4 ROM

ROM -> iPega GP-9700 Finless V1.4 ROM (305 megs)

Enjoy,
      Bob
      Hi Bob, is this ROM compatible with the Ipega GP-9701?

Comment

Ipega 9700 differances

I thought I would chime in on the Ipega. I bought one recently and used the Finless rom overclocked at max settings. It worked fine. This version of the Ipega had an ORANGE charging LED. One speaker was shot so I ordered another. I tried the rom on this unit but it was unstable overclocked. I had to run it at stock speeds. This unit had a RED LED. I have experienced similar issues with the JXD S7800B. The first batch had better cpus, while the second batch had slower ones. Overall I am happy with this rom and the Ipega. I am interested to see if this unit can be overclocked to 1920 MHZ. My first run JXD was stable at this setting.

Comment

Hello Bob, I figured I wouldn't bother every month about the Finless Rom. Have you made any new updates to the Rom or do you plan to make any future updates ?
          Are there any newer Emulator Game Pad tablets that you suggest that may be better than the ipega 9700 ?

Thanks for your time

Comment

Working...
          X