No announcement yet.

JXD S7800b Offical Rom Android 4.4.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, ok I see. That's a typical android thing from what I've read.

Comment

Now here's a question, I kinda made a guesstimate on it, the SDcard version backs up to an sdcard and datamedia version to the internal storage. Is that correct? I kind figured it was. Tested both and the sdcard version auto-mounted the sdcard as it's default backup location, and the datamedia mounted to the internal storage, though with either one can select a different location.

Comment

I think you've answered your own question...it defaults to internal SD but external is accessible. (But not always, depending on the firmware).
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I think you've answered your own question...it defaults to internal SD but external is accessible. (But not always, depending on the firmware).
          Fair enough. With Android being more or less a recompiled Linux distro, and thus being somewhat complicated, I wanted to make sure and also answer that question for everyone else who might wonder and see these posts.

Comment

Hi rrileypm thank you for your efforts to help us with the tablets of our China (sorry for my bad English and my knowledge of Android
            ). I downloaded this ROM. Now I will give you some feedback on this ROM:
            1. Speed ​​when using this ROM is very fast
            2. Battery life increased significantly
            3. I have not tested compatibility with Google Play. But you gave me a big surprise
            However, there are some applications that I do not like it or it is bad
            or I do not know how to use them :
            1. ApkInstaller
            2. Explorer - I suggest you replace it with Solid Explorer File Manager
            3. KeyMapping - I suggest you replace it with Tincore Keymapper
            4. Video - There are other applications better
            5. Emulator store
            6. Movie Studio
            7. Check App
            8. You not install an app music
            I can not remove them. I suggest removing permanent 1, 5, 6, 7, and replace 2, 3, 4. Unless you have a reason to keep them. Let me just working methods.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have a simple explanation...I don't believe in adding a bunch of apps to my ROMs, if they are easily available from other sources. I did add with permission from Tincore his keymapper last time...but got reports that it didn't work on this device...so I left it out this time.

You can remove system apps, since you are rooted, with a root file manager. Just configure it with root permissions, and cut/paste them out of the system/app folder. Don't delete them, because it leaves the file hidden in the system (which causes problems).

Some stock apps are important to leave in place because of dependencies with other stock apps. If you notice strange behavior after removing an app...you might have to put it back.

I also used to make appearance tweaks to the UI...but not everyone shares my same taste in design preference...so now I leave that up to the user.

Now that you are rooted, you can tweak and add things at you're own free will....that's the beauty of having a rooted tablet.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

friend rrileypm this new version fixes the problem of power button of the 3188T models?

Comment

I'm not sure about that. I don't have the 3188T version.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I installed the rom and the power button issue is resolved. I will now follow the battery consumption, as in other roms that was using, consumption was very high. I have some questions, if you can answer, I am very grateful:
                    You did not apply overclocked to 1.6GHz in this rom, why?
                    Is there any way to put the navigation bar in this rom?
                    Is there any way to change the boot screen image for a photo (for example)?
                    Of the tests done so far, it is very good.
                    Thank you for your work!

Sorry for my English, it is not my native language!

Comment

Originally posted by souzafl View Post
                      I installed the rom and the power button issue is resolved. I will now follow the battery consumption, as in other roms that was using, consumption was very high. I have some questions, if you can answer, I am very grateful:
                      You did not apply overclocked to 1.6GHz in this rom, why?
                      Is there any way to put the navigation bar in this rom?
                      Is there any way to change the boot screen image for a photo (for example)?
                      Of the tests done so far, it is very good.
                      Thank you for your work!

Sorry for my English, it is not my native language!
                      I can answer those questions;

This rom is running at stock speeds, no overclock has been applied.

Yes, go to the Google Play store and download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tbuttons&hl=en Run the app and select "Open Menu" and then "Virtual Keys menu" and go from there. It's a free app and will bring back the soft buttons along with buttons for volume controls, which I find VERY handy.

The boot screen can be changed but it is a very technical process and not for the faint of heart. There are many tutorials on the net which will help you figure out how to do it. Remember that this is a 4.4.4 based rom and you need a compatible boot animation img file.

Also, as was recommended by Riley, Apex is the best launcher for this tablet as it is the most configurable and user friendly. Also the best keyboard I've found for this tablet is at the play store; https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ware.klearkeys This keyboard is transparent enough to allow you to see what is underneath the keyboard but visible enough that you can clearly see all keys, it also has a good number of configurations that make it very useful. It is $3.33[USD], but well worth it.

I'm going to add to your gratitude souzafl by saying, Riley, Thank You indeed for your help and work on this rom! Very much appreciated!
                      Last edited by lexluthermiester; 04-06-2015, 22:47.

Comment

My friend thanks for the reply. I tested the application of the indicated navigation bar. It really works very well, but in the NBA JAM game generated mismatch (Error 101). I chose to use the app
                        HTML Code:
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys&hl=pt_BR
                        , which could enable the function without generating problems with games.
                        The rom is very good, it really was a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by souzafl View Post
                          I installed the rom and the power button issue is resolved.
                          Great news that you aren't having issues with power sleep/wake issue on 3188T model. I loved Riley 1.3 firmware, but had to install alternative kernel to make it work.

Before I install, are other people finding that Riley's new rom is free of power button issue for 3188T? If so, perhaps a new official thread is in order for RileyRom 1.4??

Comment

hi, I wanted to update my gamepad with this rom but something went wrong. I followed step by step rrileypm's guide: I deleted the idb, all right, but when I clicked "flash ROM", the flash wouldn't start, so I changed the usb port, the flash started but stopped after a few seconds. I tried so many times, always the same issue. Now, if I open rockchip batch tools, and start my device in safe mode (power and vol +), the icon "1" turns blue for one second, the device is recognized, but then everything disappears, can I save my gamepad?
                            Last edited by AlMu; 05-07-2015, 00:04.
                            My Devices: Honor 6, Cx-919 (finless 2.0), JXD S7800B (RileyROM 1.2)

Comment

The problem is either with your USB connection or with the device drivers in Windows. Try a different USB cable. It is best to use the one that came with the tablet.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

i've unbricked my device by opening it, but unfortunately i've a bit severed the ribbon cable about touchscreen, and now the touchscreen doesn't work, can i fix it or i'm fuc*ed?
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                                My Devices: Honor 6, Cx-919 (finless 2.0), JXD S7800B (RileyROM 1.2)

Comment

Working...
                                X