http://www.jxdofficial.com/firmware
    Firmware 4.4.4.rar
    S7800B_firmware_update tools.rar
    Rock USB Driver.rar
    S7800B upgrade video.mp4
    JXD S7800B Upgrade Method USB.doc
    EMU GameCenter xiaoji_jxd 1.3.2.apk

【3】Upgrade content:
    1)Android system version Android 4.4.4, system memory usage less about 500MB, can have up to 1.5GB of available RAM memory on to run applications and games.
    2) Adjust the partition capacity allocation: internal storage from 1GB to 3GB , adjust the internal SD memory (8GB machine turned from 5.3GB 3.3GB, 16GB from 12GB machine becomes 10.1GB).
    The default program is installed 3GB internal storage space, now the largest installation package can be installed.
    You can manually move to the internal SD card or an external SD card (SD ability to mount an external transfer),
    3)Modify computer connection to MTP mode, connect your computer directly open the disk, no need to manually connect USB disk.
    4)TF card mount optimization tools: increased upper right corner mount SD quick entrance, increasing each step tips. Just reboot after the operation to achieve greatly enhanced usability mount.

Games and data packet stored body or external mass storage TF card, maximum 64GB TF card can be mounted. Another big game are easy to get
    5)Key mapping: the system will not be the main interface and set the center exhaled key mapping interface, users mistakenly avoid new configuration interface exhaled after a loss.
    6)The screen refresh rate: Ensure 60HZ, keep the game display speed.
    7)HDMI output increase in 1920 * 1080 60HZ mode
    8)the shutdown menu: Added "reset" menu, delete the"airplan Mode" menu
    9)optimize support for chicks simulator, perfect chick V1.3.2version supports native key support and configuration optimization.
    The latest version of the happychick suport psp cloud configuration, download the corresponding model S7800 models can be configured to run smoothly, for example PSP God of War: ghost of sparta.

This official roms let you use swap 64gb or 32gb with your nand storage.

Originally posted by Jazneo View Post
    http://www.jxdofficial.com/firmware
    Firmware 4.4.4.rar
    S7800B_firmware_update tools.rar
    Rock USB Driver.rar
    S7800B upgrade video.mp4
    JXD S7800B Upgrade Method USB.doc
    EMU GameCenter xiaoji_jxd 1.3.2.apk
    not rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by gaspar2010 View Post
      not rooted.
      dont need everything to be rooted. they had feature let you swap nand drive

Comment

I will play around with this over the weekend. Perhaps a new rooted custom ROM is in order.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Jazneo View Post
          dont need everything to be rooted. they had feature let you swap nand drive
          There are many reasons for root. And some of us will not use an Android device that isn't rooted. Just a few reasons are as follows; the use of a PROPER firewall, ad-blocking, backup utilities, bloatware removal, removing boot-time startup flags, etc, etc... So yes, root IS needed for a lot of things. If you're not running rooted you have ZERO chance of running your device properly secured.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            I will play around with this over the weekend. Perhaps a new rooted custom ROM is in order.
            And perhaps like Maetel's Prometheum with AOSP launcher. That'd be cool.

Comment

We shall see if that will work.

First, I have to get my S7800b out and charge it up for testing. I haven't used it in a long time.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

We shall see if that will work.

First, I have to get my S7800b out and charge it up for testing. I haven't used it in a long time.
                What a shame! I love this thing. It's such a cool tablet. Helping a roomie with his, but I'll be replacing my Archos Gamepad with this soon[if I can find one for sale]. We're having a bunch of fun tinkering with it. He thought he bricked it trying out a mod, should have seen his face light up when I got it to boot up again. Since then he's been wanting to use a "better" rom.

Comment

Actually, I kind of thought that JXD had discontinued support for this device since it has been so long since they released a firmware update. This is a major surprise.

Let me caution users of some things:

1. There were multiple versions of this tablet with different internal components, so results may very with regard to touch screen, wifi, external keys...etc.
                  2. Firmware has gone back and forth between Jellybean and KitKat on this device. BE AWARE of which version is currently on your tablet BEFORE you flash this ROM. You MUST flash the bootloader associated with the Android version...so leave the bootloader.bin line checked before you flash.
                  3. Have the last working firmware ready to reflash if you determine a problem with this ROM.
                  4. You might consider flashing the stock version in post #1 to see if it works on your tablet before flashing my custom ROM and make note of any differences in functionality between the two. I have not tested this ROM on my device...my bad...I left home this morning without my JXD and I'm at the firehouse for a 24 hour shift, so it will be Sunday at the earliest before I can flash myself.
                  5. If you decide you want to return to the Jellybean ROM after flashing this KitKat ROM, you must first erase IDB from the KitKat flash tool...and then flash the Jellybean ROM from the Jellybean flash tool WITH THE BOOTLOADER.BIN CHECKED. If you fail to do this, your tablet will be bricked...and you will need to open the back cover and short some pins on the NAND chip to get into Mask Mode to revive your tablet.

So here is what I've done on this new ROM:

1. Rooted with the latest SuperSU.
                  2. Lightly debloated some apps I know are safe to remove and are pretty much useless.
                  3. Made English as the default language.
                  4. Provided a bunch of alternative parameter files to give you 1 to 12gb app space. You are limited to the amount of total NAND memory...so don't try to flash the 12gb parameter on an 8gb device. All of this is stuff is magic...but you can't create more NAND than you already have. Figure about 1gb for the system and other partitions, minus the selected user app space...and that's the amount of internal SD space you will have left over.
                  5. I've created an alternate boot.img file you can select that will swap the internal and external SD drives. Some people like to do this to make more space for game data. I suggest flashing the default boot.img first and let the autoinstall feature complete...then go back after the first boot to flash the alternative boot.img file.
                  6. I've included the generic 1280x800 KitKat version of TWRP Recovery as an option to flash (thanks Abdul_Pt for this). Some tweaking may be in order for this specific device that we can ask Abdul to do for us if needed. You need to flash the default recovery.img with the ROM so your partitions will be formatted correctly. Then you can go back and flash TWRP Recovery by itself after the first boot is completed...without erasing IDB.
                  7. I've added the Google KitKat (GoogleHome.apk) as an alternative launcher app to JXD's launcher. Both launchers are installed, so you can choose which one you want to use.
                  8. I've added an auto install feature which allows you to place apk's in a folder on your external SD named autoinstall. During the first boot sequence, all of these apk's will be automatically installed. Make sure there are no spaces in the file names of the apk's. Some paid apps can't be installed this way, so again...results may very. I'm not sure what affect swapping the SD's will do with this feature...so it may or may not work...depending on which boot.img you choose to flash.
                  9. Init.d and Busybox support is added...if you wish to use it.
                  10. I've turned on the ability to use multi-user...however you might need to use an Xposed Framework module to get it to work entirely. This ROM is odex'ed...so I've chosen not to edit the framework.jar file to completely add multi-user support.
                  11. I've created a new boot animation showing the new version information.
                  12. I expanded the system.img file to fill the whole 805mb system partition created by the parameters. Wasted space is now usable space.
                  13. Added the Reboot app by Petrus.

So, here is the new RileyROM...v1.4:

Download

Please let me know your results. I can make some changes if needed. If results are good, I will start a new thread for this ROM.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Download

Please let me know your results. I can make some changes if needed. If results are good, I will start a new thread for this ROM.
                    Downloading now, shall post the results. Cheers

Comment

Download
                      I have a JXD s7800b 16 GB on the way. This seems like the freshest/best ROM to put on it, but no one has reported success/failure yet. I've never owned an Android device before, so the First Time User Guide included in this package is great! I wouldn't attempt something like this if it weren't for the screen refresh rate issues and all of the apparent crapware that this thing comes with.

Originally posted by CliveEP View Post
                      Downloading now, shall post the results. Cheers
                      Any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by GrabbedByTheGhoulies View Post
                        I have a JXD s7800b 16 GB on the way. This seems like the freshest/best ROM to put on it, but no one has reported success/failure yet. I've never owned an Android device before, so the First Time User Guide included in this package is great! I wouldn't attempt something like this if it weren't for the screen refresh rate issues and all of the apparent crapware that this thing comes with.

Any luck?
                        Everything seems to be working well, battery life seems unaffected and the ROM runs smoothly.

Oddly and I don't know if its been mentioned but the image quality/resolution seems nicer on this ROM then the stock one, but that may just be me.

Comment

Thanks for the update!!!!!

Please let me know if there are some apps leftover that need to be deleted.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Launcher question...

Riley, you mentioned that the standard Google Launcher is installed, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to access and set it as default. I very much dislike JXD's pastel icon button nonsense. Care to give a hint?

And BTW thank You for your work, this rom is very solid so far.

Comment

I will look into it...but my go to launcher is Apex.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X