Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harko View Post
    Sorry for repeat me...

Hello, I can not update the firmware of the JXD because it gives me an error when connecting it to the usb (unknows usb device code 43) Can I update the firmware by SD card? I can Using the recovery system, the option: apply Update from external storage but I need the udpate file in zip format not in img format Thank you
    Hi ,

did you install all Drivers correct ??? , what Windows do u use for flashing ???

best is Win7 . greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

did you install all Drivers correct ??? , what Windows do u use for flashing ???

best is Win7 . greetings / gefattern

Hello, I have Windows 10 64 bits,
      This afternoon I will try it at the house of a friend who has windows 7. Thanks

Comment

Hello, I have Windows 10 64 bits,
        This afternoon I will try it at the house of a friend who has windows 7. Thanks
        [/SIZE]
        I can confirm that Windows 10 does not play nice with the drivers for this tablet and that Windows 7 is the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by lexluthermiester View Post

I can confirm that Windows 10 does not play nice with the drivers for this tablet and that Windows 7 is the best option.
          Yes! in the Windows 7 of my friend works drivers and update perfectly!! Thanks!

Comment

Yes! in the Windows 7 of my friend works drivers and update perfectly!! Thanks!
            Hi ,

nice to hear that it solved your Problem , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              Actually, I kind of thought that JXD had discontinued support for this device since it has been so long since they released a firmware update. This is a major surprise.

Let me caution users of some things:

1. There were multiple versions of this tablet with different internal components, so results may very with regard to touch screen, wifi, external keys...etc.
              2. Firmware has gone back and forth between Jellybean and KitKat on this device. BE AWARE of which version is currently on your tablet BEFORE you flash this ROM. You MUST flash the bootloader associated with the Android version...so leave the bootloader.bin line checked before you flash.
              3. Have the last working firmware ready to reflash if you determine a problem with this ROM.
              4. You might consider flashing the stock version in post #1 to see if it works on your tablet before flashing my custom ROM and make note of any differences in functionality between the two. I have not tested this ROM on my device...my bad...I left home this morning without my JXD and I'm at the firehouse for a 24 hour shift, so it will be Sunday at the earliest before I can flash myself.
              5. If you decide you want to return to the Jellybean ROM after flashing this KitKat ROM, you must first erase IDB from the KitKat flash tool...and then flash the Jellybean ROM from the Jellybean flash tool WITH THE BOOTLOADER.BIN CHECKED. If you fail to do this, your tablet will be bricked...and you will need to open the back cover and short some pins on the NAND chip to get into Mask Mode to revive your tablet.

So here is what I've done on this new ROM:

1. Rooted with the latest SuperSU.
              2. Lightly debloated some apps I know are safe to remove and are pretty much useless.
              3. Made English as the default language.
              4. Provided a bunch of alternative parameter files to give you 1 to 12gb app space. You are limited to the amount of total NAND memory...so don't try to flash the 12gb parameter on an 8gb device. All of this is stuff is magic...but you can't create more NAND than you already have. Figure about 1gb for the system and other partitions, minus the selected user app space...and that's the amount of internal SD space you will have left over.
              5. I've created an alternate boot.img file you can select that will swap the internal and external SD drives. Some people like to do this to make more space for game data. I suggest flashing the default boot.img first and let the autoinstall feature complete...then go back after the first boot to flash the alternative boot.img file.
              6. I've included the generic 1280x800 KitKat version of TWRP Recovery as an option to flash (thanks Abdul_Pt for this). Some tweaking may be in order for this specific device that we can ask Abdul to do for us if needed. You need to flash the default recovery.img with the ROM so your partitions will be formatted correctly. Then you can go back and flash TWRP Recovery by itself after the first boot is completed...without erasing IDB.
              7. I've added the Google KitKat (GoogleHome.apk) as an alternative launcher app to JXD's launcher. Both launchers are installed, so you can choose which one you want to use.
              8. I've added an auto install feature which allows you to place apk's in a folder on your external SD named autoinstall. During the first boot sequence, all of these apk's will be automatically installed. Make sure there are no spaces in the file names of the apk's. Some paid apps can't be installed this way, so again...results may very. I'm not sure what affect swapping the SD's will do with this feature...so it may or may not work...depending on which boot.img you choose to flash.
              9. Init.d and Busybox support is added...if you wish to use it.
              10. I've turned on the ability to use multi-user...however you might need to use an Xposed Framework module to get it to work entirely. This ROM is odex'ed...so I've chosen not to edit the framework.jar file to completely add multi-user support.
              11. I've created a new boot animation showing the new version information.
              12. I expanded the system.img file to fill the whole 805mb system partition created by the parameters. Wasted space is now usable space.
              13. Added the Reboot app by Petrus.

So, here is the new RileyROM...v1.4:

Download

Please let me know your results. I can make some changes if needed. If results are good, I will start a new thread for this ROM.
              Hello, I want ressurect my S7800B, which is currently on 4.2.2, can anyone provide working links of your 4.4.4 ROM?
              Someone please reupload this ROM.
              Thanks in advance!!

Comment

2018 World Cup Crazy Party
                Many coupon
                Flash deals
                Lucky bags
                Time:June 14th-22nd
                Link: https://goo.gl/bE89D7

Coolicool - Located in China and a trusted seller on Freaktab. We are selling loads of Android TV Sticks, Tablets, Smartphones and consuming electronic merchandises to all over the world. We have local Warehouse in Europe that our customers can get what they want in 72 hours(2-5 Days Delivery&No tariff).
                Lowest Price Guarantee
                Easter Special Offer!
                Link: http://bit.ly/2Iy2Av4

Comment

Working...
                X