Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Android 8.0 still supported on most apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Android 8.0 still supported on most apps?

T95Z Plus - I am very interested in this tv box, but I noticed that its operating system can be updated to up to Android 8.0. I am a bit worried that this version will be out of date, causing software incompatibility problems. I have searched on Google for a long time and have not found an answer. Can anyone answer it?

needs more info..
    what apps are you looking at?
    what CPU/Arm based device are you looking at?

android 4.4 is no longer support by most apps
    android 5.1 is no longer supported by SSL based apps ( like banking/gov apps in my country )

On some apps..when you look on Google market say incompatible with your device
    - but in most cases it will run fine..if installed using apk
    Like friend bought 3 tablets at local store for there kids..thinking the where all the same
    but..there where rockchip and allwinner based.. some games stated incompatible with your device
    So, its android version and arm chip based if something is compatible or not

anyway.. with android 8 you should be fine
    if you have a specific device in mind.. best to ask freaktab users if this device will run this specific app
    aka search freaktab by device name..ask the question to someone how owns this device

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
      needs more info..
      what apps are you looking at?
      what CPU/Arm based device are you looking at?

android 4.4 is no longer support by most apps
      android 5.1 is no longer supported by SSL based apps ( like banking/gov apps in my country )

On some apps..when you look on Google market say incompatible with your device
      - but in most cases it will run fine..if installed using apk
      Like friend bought 3 tablets at local store for there kids..thinking the where all the same
      but..there where rockchip and allwinner based.. some games stated incompatible with your device
      So, its android version and arm chip based if something is compatible or not

anyway.. with android 8 you should be fine
      if you have a specific device in mind.. best to ask freaktab users if this device will run this specific app
      aka search freaktab by device name..ask the question to someone how owns this device

cheers
      +1

Comment

Working...
      X