Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hide app from launcher but visible and launchable through settings / apps -> any way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide app from launcher but visible and launchable through settings / apps -> any way?

Dear guys I would like to hide an apk from launcher and it is working. BUt I would like that one to be launchable through settings / apps. Is there any way to do so?

I think it is not possible, at least I didn`t even remember that somebody was about to show how to do it.
    Recently my facebook was hacked via phone, here https://celltrackingapps.com/facebook-spy-apps I found the way to solve the problem!

Comment

Samsung has a few apps that once installed you can turn off shortcut on launcher. I think you can disassemble the app that has a feature like that and use the code in your app. One app that I recall is Car Mode, and the other is ThemeStore.

you could make your app ATV compatible which will not show up in launcher. Some ATV apps have the ability to run from settings. Something to do with having both versions of the app in one package.

Comment

It is possible indeed.
        Look at the Ugoos RomĀ“s the did it.
        All you have to do is hack the Settings APK.
        Let me look if I find some notice how I did it.

Neomode

Comment

You need to remove the following line from your AndroidManifest.xml:

Code:
          <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
          This will remove the application from the default launcher. However, you also need to add the following line such that your BroadcastReceiver is not completely ignored:

Code:
          <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
            You need to remove the following line from your AndroidManifest.xml:

Code:
            <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
            This will remove the application from the default launcher. However, you also need to add the following line such that your BroadcastReceiver is not completely ignored:

Code:
            <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
            </intent-filter>
            </activity>
            <activity android:name=".preferences.sdk11.pre.FTPServerPref erences" />
            <activity android:name=".preferences.sdk11.post.SettingsActi vity" />
            <activity android:name=".HelpActivity" />
            <receiver android:name=".service.StartOnBootHandler">
            <intent-filter>
            <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED " />
            <category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />

Ok, added led line and deleted the <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>

Orange line was already in manifest

Did not work...

Problem is I need to launch FTP once and make settings...then I can set start automatically

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
              Dear guys I would like to hide an apk from launcher and it is working. BUt I would like that one to be launchable through settings / og whatsapp apk apps. Is there any way to do so?
              you can use app lock application and do the same as you want to do.

Comment

Working...
              X