No announcement yet.

ResTool - tool for RK3288 resource.img un/packing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Resource.img file however, clicking on Restool.exe does not giveme anything. Can you please give me the step by step method to unpack, change and repack the resource.img?

Comment

I logged in after a veeery long time of inactivity, just to point you back to post #4 on the first page.
      ResTool.exe is a console application which needs to be started using cmd line arguments in order to work.
      Also note that this project is no longer supported, as I don't have my Rockchip device anymore.
      Hoping you'll get done whatever you was about to do with my tool

Comment

Thank you very much. That worked. Your help is very much appreciated. You saved my day.

Comment

Unpacking if the resource.img worked fine. I changed the logo.bmp file in it and tried to pack it again now with ResTool.exe -pack rk-kernel.dtb resource.img but getting error as below.
          ResTool v2 by Burs

Creating new 'resource.img' file... OK
          Writing resource image header... OK
          Packing 2 files...
          rk-kernel.dtb... OK
          resource.img...
          Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'G:\Desktop_new001\Leoxsys\ResTool_v2\resource.img ' because it is being used by another process.
          at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
          at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
          at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
          at ResTool.Program.PackFiles(String[] filenames)
          at ResTool.Program.Main(String[] args)

Comment

Your resource.img file is being used by another process. Check if it's opened in some other tool/editor.
            If that's not the case, copy everything to a separate folder, like inside your Documents, and try again.
            The "problem" is that ResTool can't get exclusive write permission to the file. Solve that, and everything will go fine.

Comment

Hello All

I am Looking for a Windows port of DTC code ...

Can Some please post a link ...

thanks in advance

Michael T.
              3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
              CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
              Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
              Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Originally posted by michael2t View Post
                I am Looking for a Windows port of DTC code ...
                Can Some please post a link ...
                You mean DTC.exe? You have them on the first page in my post#6.

Comment

Hello

I have downloaded it and unpacked it with winrar / Winzip and 7-Zip
                  and none of the copies will execute they all say NOT a Win32 application ...
                  I am using Winxp SP3

Do you have another link or Could You download it and See if it runs for You I will gladly send you me email address if you have a copy that works ...unzipped

The batch files are all ok and I can edit them with Notepad no problem.

thanks In advance

Michael T.

Originally posted by Burs View Post

You mean DTC.exe? You have them on the first page in my post#6.
                  3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                  CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                  Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                  Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

I've replied to your private message. Everything's fine on my end. It must be something with your OS environment.

Comment

someone help me ?

Comment

Working...
                      X