3188 tablet kitkat kernel source release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, this is based on latest or almost latest kernel kitkat from rockchip for 3188 tablets. Due to some reasons, I cannot say which tab this belongs to, (though you can check my roms released here to get an idea) but perhaps it's useful to build a custom kernel for your current tab.

I only have some request, if someone changes the code and release custom kernels for any tab, please release changes, so that all people can benefit of it.. I am tired of seeing some devs here not complying with GPL and releasing custom kernels without releasing changes or even the source.
    So, here it is, hope is hopeful or at least can be used as a documentation.

Download:

https://mega.co.nz/#!98BnCDBZ!yx1r7B...PGJKD20Sk4QlXU

Tganks, you are not the only one that is sad because of no help from some devs to arvhieve some things.
    It would not be possible on XDA

Comment

Umm, almost a hundred views and only one comment. I guess there are no devs for tabs here. Well, in case this source code is useful let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by skelton View Post
        Hi, this is based on latest or almost latest kernel kitkat from rockchip for 3188 tablets. Due to some reasons, I cannot say which tab this belongs to, (though you can check my roms released here to get an idea) but perhaps it's useful to build a custom kernel for your current tab.

I only have some request, if someone changes the code and release custom kernels for any tab, please release changes, so that all people can benefit of it.. I am tired of seeing some devs here not complying with GPL and releasing custom kernels without releasing changes or even the source.
        So, here it is, hope is hopeful or at least can be used as a documentation.

Download:

https://mega.co.nz/#!98BnCDBZ!yx1r7B...PGJKD20Sk4QlXU
        How very interesting! I'll download now. If it is useful I'll push up to my Public Git for all too share if you are okay with that?
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Umm, almost a hundred views and only one comment. I guess there are no devs for tabs here. Well, in case this source code is useful let me know.
          I think I'm the only 'official' dev interested in kernel dev for tabs but there are loads that look at ROM development.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Of course, that's the purpose. That everything is set up in a git so that anybody can make changes, and these changes remain public for everyone. It's important to comply with GPL.

This kernel compile and works, it's the one that I use for my gaming device, but applying for other tablets most probably will require some work.

I have also full SDK, but haven't had time to upload it yet (several GB)

Comment

Done

https://github.com/Dee-UK/RK3188_TABLET

Donate to Finless

Comment

Skelton,

Could you post your .config for the device you are developing for and provide some basic hardware/build notes.

I'll try to build a kernel for the U30GT2 sometime next week and will do the same.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                  Skelton,

Could you post your .config for the device you are developing for and provide some basic hardware/build notes.

I'll try to build a kernel for the U30GT2 sometime next week and will do the same.
                  Config is this:

https://github.com/Dee-UK/RK3188_TAB...twin_defconfig

Have in mind that it's a gamepad tablet, so there are some drivers you won't need for your tab, like ADC_JS (internal gamepad of the device).

My device is a gamepad tablet, RK3188-T at 1,4 ghz with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB nand flash. It uses RTL8188 wifi and no BT.

To override CPU and GPU speeds you can use the same you have used before in boxes.

Comment

Config is this:

https://github.com/Dee-UK/RK3188_TAB...twin_defconfig

Have in mind that it's a gamepad tablet, so there are some drivers you won't need for your tab, like ADC_JS (internal gamepad of the device).

My device is a gamepad tablet, RK3188-T at 1,4 ghz with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB nand flash. It uses RTL8188 wifi and no BT.

To override CPU and GPU speeds you can use the same you have used before in boxes.
                    Did you already build in GPU / CPU / DDR overrides for the T or would you like me to add?

Donate to Finless

Comment

They are not included by default, so you can include them if you want. In my device only CPU allows 1,6 ghz, but GPU and DDR OC are not stable in my device (slow RAM most probably being the issue)

Comment

They are not included by default, so you can include them if you want. In my device only CPU allows 1,6 ghz, but GPU and DDR OC are not stable in my device (slow RAM most probably being the issue)
                        Speed not particularly a factor, rk3188 SOC very slow. Check eFuse settings for leakage and PLL stability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

Yep, already tried that, but even with that modifications my device is not stable. I suppose it's not much OC friendly. In any case, for gaming the performance is more than enough, which is the main purpose of my device, so OC is not even a need for me.

Comment

joining the party

Hi,
                            I've just discovered the existence of these sources and defconfigs,
                            I'd like to contribute,
                            I think I have some skills and the willingness to cook my own kernel for my pipo M7 pro.

I'll be back once I've installed all these files on my computer...

Comment

Is there now some tablet kitkat source and kernel source available which has been proven to work??
                              I would like to try to make own kitkat rom to Cube U39GT tablet.
                              Is there some guide what is needed to check from configs etc. to make images??

Comment

Working...
                              X