This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    Even if you fix that error, that kernel source doesn't boot.
    Rather try linux rockchip RK3188 KK repo and merge the commits or changes from D33 KK Kernel into it, then it will boot.
    I'm going to try MARVIN
    https://github.com/phjanderson/marvin

And this Kernel: https://github.com/phjanderson/Kernel-3188

I'm trying to compile a Kernel for the 809III (RTL8723BS version) with bluetooth working
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

I want to combile android kernel img for dcw otg error

I used this kernel source for minix.
      https://github.com/phjanderson/Kernel-3188-X7oid kernel but
      I compiled all modules that is work under android 4.2.2 official 10b firmware.
      Later compiled kernel.img with this source. write kernel.img with flash tool 1.37. after reboot. Anything changed. Pls explain
      . What is different android and linux kernel compile method. that I known only diffetent compiler.
      How I compile android kernel for minix7. Boot+kernel.img that I need?

Comment

Beginners' guide of "How to build a kernel"

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        Even if you fix that error, that kernel source doesn't boot.
        Rather try linux rockchip RK3188 KK repo and merge the commits or changes from D33 KK Kernel into it, then it will boot.
        Kernels compiled from my source repo boot.

The mentioned error sounds like an unsuccessful untar

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
        Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
        Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
        Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
        Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
        CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
        Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
        RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
          Kernels compiled from my source repo boot.

The mentioned error sounds like an unsuccessful untar

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
          I downloaded the kernel from here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...8well-most!%29

kernel_KK_TVSTICK_4.2.5_RTL8723BS_HD.img

But when try to turn ON the bluetooth, it backs to OFF again after some seconds.

If help me maybe I can compile the Kernel here, but I need a little help with BT configuration

Is it possible?
          Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Need your help or someone's here to compile a Kernel for my MK902 RKM

Originally posted by d33 View Post
            Over the last few weeks I've finally decided to stop sitting on the side lines and get involved in building kernels. My hope is to actively help to improve the support available

If you want to create your own personal kernel, or just want to "have a go" I've listed out the steps you need to take. I'm assuming that the majority of people are Windows 7/8 users the same as me and that you are interested in the current KK beta sources.
            • Download and install your preferred Virtual Machine software. My preference was Oracle VM Virtual Box. Configure a new VM with minimum 10 Gb space for kernel only (25Gb for OS work), 2 Gb RAM (more better) and select Linux [preferred distro] 64-bit.

• Now download a bootable ISO of your favourite 64-bit Linux distro - I chose Ubuntu 13.10 amd64 - and boot your VM. Install Linux and restart.
            • Download all the tools you need using the following command:
              • sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib sharutils lzop gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf

• downloaded my repo and, optionally, OS sources to a suitable directory in your home. I use ~/android/
            • Extracted the OS tarball to ~/Android/RK3188 and extracted the kernel to ~Android/RK3188/kernel
            • change working directory to ~Android/RK3188/kernel
            • Make sure everything is cleaned out using "make clean"
            • Execute "make nconfig" to bring up the configuration options. Change any other settings that you want and save
            • Build all the modules and objects using "make -j2"
            • Finally execute "make -j2 kernel.img"

WooHoo you've built your first kernel!!!

Hi All,

I am a newbie in this forum, first time posting and I do not know where to post this thread, sorry about this and please move to his group of the same thread.

I have an Android TV BOX, Rikomagic MK902 model. Here it is it's manufacturer website and the firmware download link;

http://www.rikomagic.com/en/download/download_28_1.html

I have purchased one of these USB HID Multi Touch Screen Panel for 7 Inch Display;

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1...tegory=3094846

What i need for any of the best developer to help me adding the drivers and compiling a kernel for my Rikomagic MK902 so it will support and work with Multi-touch panel I purchased, here is the HOW TO Article instructed from the same company BUT I have no clue how to do this because I am not an Android Developer , here is the link with all details;

http://www.chalk-elec.com/?cat=26

Now, If someone can help me compiling for me a Kernel and instruct me how to do this to make it work my Rikomagic MK902 with my Multi-Touch Pannel then It will be a really good help and I will owe him and donate for him.

Waiting for your help!

Regards,
            Kassi

Comment

Dear gentlemen,

I would like to know if there is any update for this tuto?

When trying to type command line....

sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev gcc-multilib g++-multilib sharutils lzop gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf.

Many errors and some ressources are obsoletes!!!!! Can I have help?

Also, if someone can give me just the big guidelines on how to make a custom kernel as primary goal to change wifi driver in order to port an rk3188 board rom with e.g from ap6210 chip to mt5931 chip in my case!!! '

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X