• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.0.101 Kernel Released

Hi guys

Omegamoon released his 3.0.101 kernel.
    https://github.com/omegamoon/Rockchip-GPL-Kernel

Maybe now we can make some proper kernels.

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    Hi guys

Omegamoon released his 3.0.101 kernel.
    https://github.com/omegamoon/Rockchip-GPL-Kernel

Maybe now we can make some proper kernels.
    Will android boot with this? I wonder if it has a working RK1000 implimentation?

2014-03-10:
    • Sound fixed on RK1000 (Radxa)
    • USB Hub fixed (Radxa)
    • Fixed networking

Last edited by d33; 03-18-2014, 04:33.
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
      Will android boot with this? I wonder if it has a working RK1000 implimentation?

2014-03-10:
      Originally posted by d33 View Post
      • Sound fixed on RK1000 (Radxa)
      • USB Hub fixed (Radxa)
      • Fixed networking

Yes, Android boots.
      You have to change the boot settings in menuconfig or config file to
      CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init"

This is a good base to use - https://github.com/omegamoon/Rockchi...k908_defconfig

You also need to put the 3.0.101 kernel modules into system/lib/modules otherwise it won't load like mali3.0.101.ko and vpu.ko etc.
      In boot.img the Nand*3.0.101.ko files also need to be inserted. I think Omegamoon created 3.0.72 Nand.ko files in the other thread
      Or you can change the sublevel in the main make file to 3.0.36 or something and have less problems.

People need to start creating kernels and test it.
      Everyone should use this kernel as a base and work from it, instead of using different kernels and causing fragmentation.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

People need to start creating kernels and test it.
        Everyone should use this kernel as a base and work from it, instead of using different kernels and causing fragmentation.

Totally agree with both statements. I already started putting this in my Tiny Core distro, expect an update in that thread soon. Hopefully XBMC will work on it then too, it's not OpenELEC but pretty darn close

Comment

Originally posted by biemster View Post
          I already started putting this in my Tiny Core distro, expect an update in that thread soon.
          I was a bit premature here, this kernel neither wants to give me output on my screen (screen switches on, so it does detect something), nor wifi on my mk908. The rest works fine. With the .72 kernel I had no problems like that at all.

More people experiencing these problems, especially blank screen?

Comment

Originally posted by biemster View Post
            I was a bit premature here, this kernel neither wants to give me output on my screen (screen switches on, so it does detect something), nor wifi on my mk908. The rest works fine. With the .72 kernel I had no problems like that at all.

More people experiencing these problems, especially blank screen?
            Did you try this?

"in Makefile search for this line:
            ARCH ?= $(SUBARCH)
            ...and modify:
            ARCH ?= arm"

Comment

Originally posted by miasmablk View Post
              Did you try this?

"in Makefile search for this line:
              ARCH ?= $(SUBARCH)
              ...and modify:
              ARCH ?= arm"
              Thanks, but yes, that I took care of. The kernel compiles fine, there is just nothing on the screen. dmesg looks fine too. And wlan does not come up.

Comment

Has anyone managed to compile a working linux kernel from these sources? Have compiled several for T428 but none will boot. I reboot to recovery from Android and it fails to boot linux -- reboots -- then boots into Android again. Going back to my old 3.0.36+ kernel and everything works fine. Maybe someone has a good .config for T428 or NeoX7 that works?
                T428

Comment

progress

We have managed to build a Linux 3.0.101 kernel that boots on t428 but display does not initialize properly. Monitor does receive signal and exits suspend mode, backlight comes on, but never see anything. Other attempts resulted in monitor constantly trying to auto-adjust to hdmi signal. I can ssh into T428 with no problems however. Any insights? Would be happy to share .config if it would help.
                  T428

Comment

Re: 3.0.101 Kernel Released

Originally posted by mustanley View Post
                    We have managed to build a Linux 3.0.101 kernel that boots on t428 but display does not initialize properly. Monitor does receive signal and exits suspend mode, backlight comes on, but never see anything. Other attempts resulted in monitor constantly trying to auto-adjust to hdmi signal. I can ssh into T428 with no problems however. Any insights? Would be happy to share .config if it would help.
                    I have the same experience. I am trying to build a kernel for android however (cx919). The display stays uninitialized, but there are some signs of it booting. Mainly the sdcard gets mounted from the computer from which the stick is powered (Linux mint). Tried both lcdc0 and lcdc1.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Originally posted by mustanley View Post
                      Hi mustanley! I am also struggling with 3.0.101 on my mk804iv (same hw as y428): can you send me your .config to speed up things? And I also wonder how you solved the nand issue? What nand module did you use?

Tnx!

Mac
                      Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
                      And Donate...

Comment

I've only worked on Linux recovery kernel which require Linux RFS on sd-card with ext4 partition labeled "linuxroot"
                        Attached Files
                        T428

Comment

Anyone that can post detailed instructions on how to boot this kernel for Android on RK3188 TV Boxes?
                          Changes needed in boot.img, modules in system.img etc?

Comment

Can someone post detailed instructions to get this kernel or the new 3.0.101 kernel working properly.

Does that one commit for VPU still have to be reverted to make the kernel work properly?
                            What to do with boot.img, nand*.ko modules?
                            Do the new modules need to be insmod in a file in boot.img?
                            What to do with system.img, modules?
                            Do you need to change the sublevel to 36 instead of 72 or 101 in main makefile for better compatibility?
                            What to use for RK3188 TV Box LCD1 or LCD0, dual display, no dual display, one dual display in kernel config?

Comment

Has this thread been abandoned?
                              It's a real pity.

Comment

Working...
                              X