Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK908 Kernel upgrade to 3.0.72+

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    can I mount the boot.img read/write to a folder in ubuntu/linux and make changes and umount?

    Comment


      #47
      ffs if you don't know how to pack modules into your images then you need to wait for somebody else todo it
      current devices(rockchip sucks)
      Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
      Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
      rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
        ffs if you don't know how to pack modules into your images then you need to wait for somebody else todo it
        So you are saying I am not capable of following instructions on how to unpack/repack a boot.img? I'm sure there are tools to do this easily in linux, I just need the instructions...

        I guess I will have to do some google searches to find my answers....

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Gfunk View Post
          So you are saying I am not capable of following instructions on how to unpack/repack a boot.img? I'm sure there are tools to do this easily in linux, I just need the instructions...

          I guess I will have to do some google searches to find my answers....
          agree this board is getting out of hand
          this section is for kernel Development not for teaching people how to install it on Stick X
          there are some threads on XDA that you need to read
          seriously people I am pretty tolerant of new not know how but quit derailing threads with questions like "how do I install X" it just slows down the debugging process
          current devices(rockchip sucks)
          Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
          Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
          rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
            agree this board is getting out of hand
            this section is for kernel Development not for teaching people how to install it on Stick X
            there are some threads on XDA that you need to read
            seriously people I am pretty tolerant of new not know how but quit derailing threads with questions like "how do I install X" it just slows down the debugging process
            Point taken. I apologize for not staying on topic of this thread. I will start a new thread if needed.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Gfunk View Post
              Point taken. I apologize for not staying on topic of this thread. I will start a new thread if needed.
              its all good I know people wanna jump on this because OMG-NEWSOURRRCEEE
              but it hasn't even been up ~72h yet
              current devices(rockchip sucks)
              Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
              Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
              rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

              Comment


                #52
                OK I have got it working but without WiFi or bluetooth. Any modules you need to get working you need to hex edit vermagic to match see here for details http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ncompatibility
                Last edited by sam321; 09-29-2013, 01:04.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Still won't boot on my T428
                  • files from 'omegamoon/prebuild/modules_3.0.72+' copied to /system/lib/modules
                  • 'rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+' added to boot.img
                  NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                  NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                  Buy me a beer?

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Omegamoon View Post
                    Can you give me a dump of the GPIOs using a stock T428 kernel?
                    Here, with bt and wifi off:

                    t428_gpio_dump_wifi_off_bt_off.txt

                    And with bt and wifi on:

                    t428_gpio_dump_bt_wifi.txt
                    Last edited by Molle; 09-29-2013, 02:35.
                    NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                    Buy me a beer?

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Gfunk View Post
                      Point taken. I apologize for not staying on topic of this thread. I will start a new thread if needed.
                      No apologies needed as far as I'm concerned. We're all here to learn something... at least I am. Not all of us have the same knowledge and skills, that's all. Remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question

                      I think I'll write a blog post with detailed instructions on how to add basic support for a device. That would speed things up I think, since all the rockchip devices I saw are more or less copies of the rockchip reference designs, with only minor changes. It is these changes that cause us trouble here.

                      My guess is problems are related to a few different GPIOs. Try and disable the options I added in the kernel config at "System Type" > "RK3188 Custom Tweaks" and see how that works out.

                      Also, if the build process doesn't result in a kernel.img file and there seems to be no error displayed, try run the buildscript using "./build_omegamoon_mk888 1" or "./build_omegamoon_mk908 1". This uses only one build thread, which will stop directly on error.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Molle View Post
                        Here, with bt and wifi off:

                        [ATTACH]3418[/ATTACH]

                        And with bt and wifi on:

                        [ATTACH]3421[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks! I'll see what I can find

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by sam321 View Post
                          OK I have got it working but without WiFi or bluetooth. Any modules you need to get working you need to hex edit vermagic to match see here for details http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ncompatibility
                          That's good news. So I don't recall what device you're using, but if it is not the Tronsmart T428 could you make a GPIO_DUMP using a stock kernel?

                          If possible also add two complete kernel logs (dmesg), one of the stock kernel boot process and the other of the custom boot process. This is just to see if there are other things that need to be adjusted.

                          Thanks in advance!

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Omegamoon View Post
                            Thanks! I'll see what I can find
                            1. Could you send me a kernel log of the stock kernel completely booting up Android?
                            2. I guess you used the MK908 kernel config to build the kernel for the T428. Can you confirm that?

                            From what I see the T428 uses the AP6330 instead of AP6210 in the MK908. With the stock kernel log we can get this going

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Omegamoon
                              Can you please post here a compiled mk908 kernel.
                              Thanks

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by pdjm View Post
                                Omegamoon
                                Can you please post here a compiled mk908 kernel.
                                Thanks
                                Sure, you'll need an updated boot.img as well (containing the rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+ module)
                                mk908 kernel.img: 20130929_omegamoon_mk908_kernel.zip
                                mk908 boot:img: 20130929_omegamoon_mk908_boot.zip

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X