This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omegamoon View Post
    Sure, you'll need an updated boot.img as well (containing the rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+ module)
    mk908 kernel.img: [ATTACH]3424[/ATTACH]
    mk908 boot:img: [ATTACH]3425[/ATTACH]
    Big thanks

Comment

Just wondering, what are the advantages of this kernel 3.0.72+ over the other ones that can be found on this forum?

Is it more stable?
      Is it faster?
      Is is more stable with WIFI?
      Does it contains new features?

Comment

Omegamoon
        Will RK3066 support be added soon? Can't wait

I previously used your 3.0.8 kernel sources with MK808 config(and changed wifi to rk903) to compile a kernel for MK808B but wifi and sound was not working. Any better config file to use to compile for MK808B?

I also compiled 3.0.36 kernels from rockchip-rk3188-mk908 and RK_Box_SDK successfully but only got a 'no signal' or 'black screen' on my device. Is it because I have an Android 4.1 rom(lewy hybrid 2.2.4 rom) and need different modules in my firmware(there are 3.0.36+ mali.ko etc files in the system/lib/modules folder) or a different boot.img file(there are rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.8+ & rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.36+ files) or something different in the config file?

Here is a complete dmsg log of the wifi and bluetooth of mk808b if needed in the future
        https://github.com/aloksinha2001/pic...-alok/issues/5

If someone has a solution to these problems then I can try to test the 3.0.72 kernel if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          Just wondering, what are the advantages of this kernel 3.0.72+ over the other ones that can be found on this forum?

Is it more stable?
          Is it faster?
          Is is more stable with WIFI?
          Does it contains new features?
          No, it is a shared attempt to streamline development from one code base, instead of 10+. I invite you all to come over and join forces. Let's get support for more devices ready. Linuxium just provided me the working MK802IV config, and is testing the Tronsmart T428 now. Radxa board will be added as well, and first steps for RK3066 support are also made. If more devices are supported we'll make a next step and try to remove the closed source module dependencies, like Mali and Wifi, bluetooth etc, add support for other distros and start work on a proper bootloader.

Oh, and yes it is stable and fast as well
          Last edited by Omegamoon; 09-29-2013, 10:12.

Comment

No apologies needed as far as I'm concerned. We're all here to learn something... at least I am. Not all of us have the same knowledge and skills, that's all. Remember, there's no such thing as a stupid question

I think I'll write a blog post with detailed instructions on how to add basic support for a device. That would speed things up I think, since all the rockchip devices I saw are more or less copies of the rockchip reference designs, with only minor changes. It is these changes that cause us trouble here.

My guess is problems are related to a few different GPIOs. Try and disable the options I added in the kernel config at "System Type" > "RK3188 Custom Tweaks" and see how that works out.

Also, if the build process doesn't result in a kernel.img file and there seems to be no error displayed, try run the buildscript using "./build_omegamoon_mk888 1" or "./build_omegamoon_mk908 1". This uses only one build thread, which will stop directly on error.
            Thanks omegamoon. BTW does your kr-42/mk888 boot.img on page 2 of this thread contain the rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+? I built a 3.0.72+ kernel with a working kr-42 .config but the device hangs at boot. I'm guessing the wrong Mali kernel module is being inserted at init.

Comment

Sure, you'll need an updated boot.img as well (containing the rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+ module)
              mk908 kernel.img: [ATTACH]3424[/ATTACH]
              mk908 boot:img: [ATTACH]3425[/ATTACH]
              loops on the logo on the V3
              sigh I wonder if its related to the nand module I need to check the stock boot.img and see if it has it on the v3
              Edit: nope everything is identical -save for the newer kernel

I am about ready to write these V3 sticks off and perma`broken nothing ******* works on them
              V3 doesn't even have the points for attempting a serial console mod
              V3 `stock`kernel boots on the V1 so maby omegamoon could find time to boot it with his modded Mk908 and see if he can tell what its doing different
              @omegamoon if you get board see if you can boot these on your modded V1 and get a dump shortly after init maby its something simple as a Module conflict
              http://cl.ly/ReLM/stockkernelandboot.zip
              current devices(rockchip sucks)
              Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
              Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
              rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Originally posted by Legitsu View Post
                sigh I wonder if its related to the nand module I need to check the stock boot.img and see if it has it on the v3

I am about ready to write these V3 sticks off and perma`broken nothing ******* works on them
                V3 `stock`kernel boots on the V1 so maby omegamoon could find time to boot it with his modded Mk908 and see if he can tell what its doing different
                @omegamoon if you get board see if you can boot these on your modded V1 and get a dump shortly after init maby its something simple as a Module conflict
                Same problem here

Comment

Originally posted by Legitsu View Post

Does the device boot using a stock kernel and using the modified boot.img?

If so, please run 'adb shell' after a complete stock bootup and from there run '/gpio dump gpio', then 'dmesg' and sent me the result. That should get us going

Comment

Does the device boot using a stock kernel and using the modified boot.img?

If so, please run 'adb shell' after a complete stock bootup and from there run '/gpio dump gpio', then 'dmesg' and sent me the result. That should get us going
                    ok gimme a few to download the stock rom and get flashed back
                    your older kernel tree suffers from the same behavior

Comment

sigh it seems ADB is giving me Fits Debugging wont enable and the PC isn't detecting the stick when booted FFS
                      ill have a dumps for you Monday night or Tuesday afternoon their should be a couple posted already someplace provided I get ADB to play nice I had this issue before
                      Last edited by Legitsu; 09-29-2013, 14:18.

Comment

Just wanted to add that I found tools at xda to unpack and repack boot.imgs. I used Android Partition Manager to dump my current boot.img made changes to ramdisk files (added the rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+) and repacked a new boot.img. Compiling a new 3.0.72+ kernel zImage for testing with the rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+ added to boot.img. I am working with the kr-42, I will post my results soon.

Here is the link to the boot.img tools http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=915808

Comment

Originally posted by Gfunk View Post
                          Just wanted to add that I found tools at xda to unpack and repack boot.imgs. I used Android Partition Manager to dump my current boot.img made changes to ramdisk files (added the rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+) and repacked a new boot.img. Compiling a new 3.0.72+ kernel zImage for testing with the rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.72+ added to boot.img. I am working with the kr-42, I will post my results soon.

Here is the link to the boot.img tools http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=915808
                          That process is not good for rockchip. It's mostly for AML devices and others that follow standard Android boot.img format (not RK format) Good chance your rebuilt boot.img will not work due to signing when it's not a RK format boot.img.

In this post I explain how to do just about everything making rockchip ROMs including unpacking and packing boot.img using RK tools.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...cks-by-Finless

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            That process is not good for rockchip. It's mostly for AML devices and others that follow standard Android boot.img format (not RK format) Good chance your rebuilt boot.img will not work due to signing when it's not a RK format boot.img.

In this post I explain how to do just about everything making rockchip ROMs including unpacking and packing boot.img using RK tools.

Bob
                            Thanks Finless. This is exactly what I needed for RK boot.imgs. Much appreciation for the post.

Comment

Use this attached perl script in linux

# perl unpack.pl recovery.img

It will leave you with a kernel recovery.img-kernel.gz which will not be usable without more work. I assume your ROM already has kernel.img available?

You will also have this file which you can just trash. recovery.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz

And a folder recovery.img-ramdisk which contains your recovery.
                              Make your changes in this folder. I rename the folder to work for ease.

Once your done to repack it do this:
                              cd work
                              find . | cpio -o -H newc | cat > ../newinitrd.gz
                              cd ..
                              ./rkcrc -k newinitrd.gz newrecovery.img

Bob
                              Using these instructions for a new ramdisk. Thanks bob!

Comment

Post #26 in that thread contains everything one needs for creating a modified boot.img file.
                                NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                                NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                                Buy me a beer?

Comment

Working...
                                X