Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPIO module to check gpios in wifi and bt. Lets make the wifi and BT work in more devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mongkok View Post
    I am seeing similar. I tried the tool in the first page. I start off with both off, then turn on bt. I compared the dump and they look completely identical...

I have attached the dmesg log.

BTW, does the WiFi / BT depends on drivers outside of the kernel.img? I have a kitkat kernel that has both WiFi and BT working. I have even successfully used it on a (Neomode) KitKat ROM. But if I load the kernel.img on another (SMIC's) kitKat ROM, the BT does not work.
    Yes, also depend on boot.img(wifi & bluetooth) and drivers inside system.img(bluetooth and certain wifi).

Comment

I tried looking to my gpio log. With my stock ROM, I see the following gpio:

<4>[ 738.864604] GPIO gpio1 195 bt_default_rts
      <4>[ 738.866166] GPIO gpio3 278 bt_default_wake
      <4>[ 738.866188] GPIO gpio3 279 bt_default_wake_host
      <4>[ 738.866234] GPIO gpio3 281 bt_default_reset

But with my own kernel, I see only the first 3 in gpio dump but missing the last one. I tried modifying the board-rk3188-box.c, update the rfkill_rk_platdata[] and add back "bt_reset":

.reset_gpio = { // BT_RST
      .io = RK30_PIN3_PD1,
      .enable = GPIO_HIGH,
      .iomux = {
      .name = "bt_reset",
      .fgpio = GPIO3_D1,
      },
      },

But it does not work. I looked at the original source code (https://github.com/Dee-UK/D33_KK_Ker...d-rk3188-box.c), there is no "bt_reset". ".reset_gpio" is labeled as INVALID_GPIO. I only see entry for "bt_poweron":

static struct rfkill_rk_platform_data rfkill_rk_platdata = {
      .type = RFKILL_TYPE_BLUETOOTH,
      .poweron_gpio = { // BT_REG_ON
      .io = RK30_PIN3_PD1,
      .enable = GPIO_HIGH,
      .iomux = {
      .name = "bt_poweron",
      .fgpio = GPIO3_D1,
      },
      },
      I tried using the original source as is. The gpio dump show it as "bt_default_poweron". But BT still won't come up. Any ideas?

Comment

I think I managed to build a kernel with working BT for my RT8723bs MK809III. I just have to use a snapshot of the initial version of D33's kernel. But it only works with my stock firmware (so was the D33's kernel). There are many features missing with firmware (1080p, rotation, etc).

I made a backup of the files under /system and compare it against the custom ROMs. The following 3 BT files are different:

/system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so
        /system/lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so
        /system/lib/libbt-hci.so

However, even after replacing the files using the stock firmware's. The BT still does not work. There is a little bit of difference, the BT used to be "turning on" and then become off in a few seconds. But now it went back to off immediately. It does not look like a good sign.

You guys mention there is boot.img. Is the content of boot.img accessible from shell?

Comment

Anyone?

What is preventing BT from working when using custom ROM? My device is using RT8723bs as WiFi. But AFAIK, the wireless chip does not offer BT. I heard my MK809III is still using RockChip's generic BT. I don't really know how it works.

How does it different from other MK809III using AP6210 or MTK wireless chip? What do I need to do to make BT work w/ custom ROMs? I have a backup of the /system folder of my stock ROM.

Comment

Hello. I am more than a little out of my league here. So I hope someone can help.

I have been trying to build a kernel for my Minix Neo X5 (3066-based) TV box that comes as close as I can to that distributed as part of Finless 1.3 for that box (3.0.36+). With lots of work and pointers from others, I have managed to get something that works for the most part. However, one thing that isn't working at all is the Wifi/BT in the device. If I even try to turn on wifi when my kernel is running in place of the Finless kernel, the Neo just locks up and requires a hard boot. And if I turn on BT, nothing seems to happen at all (although at least the device doesn't lock up).

I have been wondering if there isn't something wrong with the gpio being used in my kernel after reading in this thread. So I have used the gpio dumping utility to compare what is listed for my kernel versus the Finless kernel. Surprisingly (to me at least), the output for the two are very similar. The only differences are as follows:

GPIO # Finless Mine
            309 null vol-
            311 ? null
            362 null 5VSTBY
            363 ? null
            364 ? null
            I am not too worried by the vol- and 5VSTBY entries since they are not conflicting with anything in Finless (I am presuming that null means the gpio is not being used) and I think they are a by-product of my using the pizza box default config in my build. But I am concerned about gpios 311, 363, and 364 since it appears they are used (but maybe not labeled 0 is this what the ? means) in Finless but they are not in my kernel.

If anyone can set me straight on all of this or provide tips on how to proceed from here, it would be a great help to me.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sevo1984 View Post
              Dear Leolas,

I would appreciate if somebody could have a look of my GPIO dump please!!! All relevant files are provided here:
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_R...it?usp=sharing

I have an mk908 clone, with apparently atypical pin assignment, so I cannot compare my output to that of others with Transmart. For a long time I was led to believe that it was a v.1 stick as all android ROMs (made by Bob Finless, and Josh jjhmod), were working just flawlessly. Until I opened the cover few weeks ago to learn that on the board it writes: “MK908 V3.02013.05.13” (which in fact it is not!).
              Dump results are provided from "jjhmod2.1 universal" rom, as I did not back up my stock firmware.
              I am trying to enable WiFi/BT in otherwise (quite well) working linux kernel (modified mmm123) compiled with Alok's sources. I understand that changes are needed in at least three source files?
              I have to add that I am a complete amateur, but this is becoming my passionate hobby, and I really enjoy it a lot!!!
              Many thanks to all for your fantastic work, Goran

Are you running Linux or android?

I have this same stick (sounds the same) and was able to get everything working by replacing kernel.img from finless 2.0 KK ROM with the one I unpacked from tronsmart v3 KK beta. Now all works well (well mostly. Bt and Wi-Fi performance are low, I might mod antenna and see if that helps). Fast, too. Almost 25K in Antutu. Not bad for rk3188.

Now I'm working on making a flashable zip for TWRP to add the updated video libs from a newer ROM to try and get accelerated video working for SPMC.

Maybe not as elegant as modifying and compiling your own kernel but everything works. 1 thing, first time I turned it on, I had to turn off WI-FI to be able to enable BT. Then I turned on Wi-Fi and all is working fine since.

Cheers,
              -SB
              ---------------------------------------
              Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
              Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
              Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
              RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
              ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

mk908 clone

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                Are you running Linux or android?

I have this same stick (sounds the same) and was able to get everything working by replacing kernel.img from finless 2.0 KK ROM with the one I unpacked from tronsmart v3 KK beta. Now all works well (well mostly. Bt and Wi-Fi performance are low, I might mod antenna and see if that helps). Fast, too. Almost 25K in Antutu. Not bad for rk3188.

Now I'm working on making a flashable zip for TWRP to add the updated video libs from a newer ROM to try and get accelerated video working for SPMC.

Maybe not as elegant as modifying and compiling your own kernel but everything works. 1 thing, first time I turned it on, I had to turn off WI-FI to be able to enable BT. Then I turned on Wi-Fi and all is working fine since.

Cheers,
                -SB
                I am running both Linux and Android. In fact not any more that often, it's been a while
                On Android, I (still) use jjhmod ROM where everything is working just fine! Generally there was no issues with Android, including all Finless ROMs which I always try first for reference, as a rule. My question was about Linux mainly.
                In the meantime, I got a fairly decent Linux performance with USB Ethernet stick, as I never managed to get WiFi and BT fully functional (well not quite, the only time when I got it working on Linux was with TinyCore kernels made by biemster). My general impression from experimenting was that it all heavily depended on sources, maybe more than anything else! Most stable linux kernel (which I still use) was compiled with Omegamoon mk908 sources (3.0.36 I think, definitely pre 78+ and 101+), while bimster was using some derivative of this 78+ kernel. At the end, by weighing pros and cons, I decide to stick to stable video performance of 36+ kernel, with literally everything else (but WiFi and BT) working well, including added video acceleration on my own Ubuntu rfs (12.04 with Unity).
                Look forward to your flashable zip and many thanks!
                Cheers, G

Comment

I am running both Linux and Android. In fact not any more that often, it's been a while
                  On Android, I (still) use jjhmod ROM where everything is working just fine! Generally there was no issues with Android, including all Finless ROMs which I always try first for reference, as a rule. My question was about Linux mainly.
                  In the meantime, I got a fairly decent Linux performance with USB Ethernet stick, as I never managed to get WiFi and BT fully functional (well not quite, the only time when I got it working on Linux was with TinyCore kernels made by biemster). My general impression from experimenting was that it all heavily depended on sources, maybe more than anything else! Most stable linux kernel (which I still use) was compiled with Omegamoon mk908 sources (3.0.36 I think, definitely pre 78+ and 101+), while bimster was using some derivative of this 78+ kernel. At the end, by weighing pros and cons, I decide to stick to stable video performance of 36+ kernel, with literally everything else (but WiFi and BT) working well, including added video acceleration on my own Ubuntu rfs (12.04 with Unity).
                  Look forward to your flashable zip and many thanks!
                  Cheers, G
                  Is there VPU acceleration on Linux with rk3188?

Did you ever try finless kk 2.0 ROM on your stick? I think it is famous among those with the mk908 v3 for not working on those (unless you use the tronsmart kk beta kernel). Finless works on v3 up to 1.8. The thread I got the idea about using that kernel from said to use the tronsmart kernel and recovery. I couldn't figure out why it said to use that recovery instead of TWRP that's included in the ROM, so I flashed anyway without using tronsmart recovery and I think /data wasn't created or formatted because I went into TWRP and got error can't mount /data. I think I reflashed with ts recovery and then flash TWRP after, but haven't had time to check if /data is there. Maybe I'll work on it tonight.

I love the stick, I got it at an awesome price (just $15 shipped). I kind of feel bad because the guy told me out reboots a lot when it gets hot, and I figured it's probably his power supply. I think I was right because I haven't had a single crash or reboot yet (knock on wood). I got the impression he was fed up with it and just wanted to be rid of the thing. I plan to give it to my dad when I'm through. He got me an R89 for Christmas.

Sorry I'm way off topic.

Cheers,
                  -SB
                  Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
                  ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

mk908

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                    Is there VPU acceleration on Linux with rk3188?

Did you ever try finless kk 2.0 ROM on your stick? I think it is famous among those with the mk908 v3 for not working on those (unless you use the tronsmart kk beta kernel). Finless works on v3 up to 1.8. The thread I got the idea about using that kernel from said to use the tronsmart kernel and recovery. I couldn't figure out why it said to use that recovery instead of TWRP that's included in the ROM, so I flashed anyway without using tronsmart recovery and I think /data wasn't created or formatted because I went into TWRP and got error can't mount /data. I think I reflashed with ts recovery and then flash TWRP after, but haven't had time to check if /data is there. Maybe I'll work on it tonight.

I love the stick, I got it at an awesome price (just $15 shipped). I kind of feel bad because the guy told me out reboots a lot when it gets hot, and I figured it's probably his power supply. I think I was right because I haven't had a single crash or reboot yet (knock on wood). I got the impression he was fed up with it and just wanted to be rid of the thing. I plan to give it to my dad when I'm through. He got me an R89 for Christmas.

Sorry I'm way off topic.

Cheers,
                    -SB
                    As I wrote in my previous message, it's been a while since I played with this stick on a daily basis, so forgive me some inaccuracy.
                    In answer to your questions: yes, I think that I did try all Finless versions up to 2.1 without issues (cannot swear though the numbers are right any more) . The thing is that my stick is not a Transmart, I purchased it on Aliexpress and had it shipped to my country, but when I opened the cover it also wrote mk908 v3 on the board. The problem is that it has a very unusal GPIO setup, different from Transmart, and hence my original post seeking help with dumped GPIO.
                    It is my understanding that full hw video acceleration works on all android sticks and custom roms, and that Android firmware provided can in fact detect and manage various GPIO setups and thus adjust it to different sticks. For that reason I was able to use various Android ROMs without issue. My personal preference for jjhmod came for two reasons: firstly he provided a variety of excellent kernels, and second I just loved its overall look and feel. It still works flawless, no need to change
                    Linux is quite a different story on this hardware though, but yes 3d video acceleration is available, not a full hw video acceleration as on android (unless something changed in the meantime).
                    Hope this answers your question. And yes, even I don't use it that much any more, I highly recommend this stick (not the "T" cpu version which was released later one).
                    Cheers, G

Comment

As I wrote in my previous message, it's been a while since I played with this stick on a daily basis, so forgive me some inaccuracy.
                      In answer to your questions: yes, I think that I did try all Finless versions up to 2.1 without issues (cannot swear though the numbers are right any more) . The thing is that my stick is not a Transmart, I purchased it on Aliexpress and had it shipped to my country, but when I opened the cover it also wrote mk908 v3 on the board. The problem is that it has a very unusal GPIO setup, different from Transmart, and hence my original post seeking help with dumped GPIO.
                      It is my understanding that full hw video acceleration works on all android sticks and custom roms, and that Android firmware provided can in fact detect and manage various GPIO setups and thus adjust it to different sticks. For that reason I was able to use various Android ROMs without issue. My personal preference for jjhmod came for two reasons: firstly he provided a variety of excellent kernels, and second I just loved its overall look and feel. It still works flawless, no need to change
                      Linux is quite a different story on this hardware though, but yes 3d video acceleration is available, not a full hw video acceleration as on android (unless something changed in the meantime).
                      Hope this answers your question. And yes, even I don't use it that much any more, I highly recommend this stick (not the "T" cpu version which was released later one).
                      Cheers, G
                      Yes, the v3 is quite different from the v1 or v5 sticks. That does answer my question. The VPU is the video decoder acceleration. I figured probably there are mali 3d drivers.

Finless 2.1 is JB, Finless 2.0 is KK. They are for different platforms. I just reflashed my v3 and figured out how to get it to properly create all the partitions. I had to flash the finless 2.0 with the default values, then I left the usb connected so I that I could tell when it booted (MTP connection, can see the sdcard when fully booted). Have to do that because no video output with finless kernel on v3.

I then waited 5 minutes for things to settle and put it back into bootloader mode and flashed only the kernel which I extracted from the tronsmart v3 kitkat beta. Now everything works great and all the missing partitions (/data, /cache, etc.) are there, formatted, and working.

Now working on the flashable zip of the vpu libs. I will post it all on the finless 2.0 thread when I'm finished (in the t-428/mk908 forum). http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-2-0

Cheers,
                      -SB

Comment

Working...
                      X