Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have to down load the exe file its in the zip provided in the link above that has rkdumpslicer.exe in the zip files.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by geofferyh View Post
      Now about step 9. What do you mean, Run "rkDumpSlicer.exe ExportImage.img"?
      Step 1: Download and unpack AndroidTool v.2.1 + rkDumpSlicer
      Originally posted by geofferyh View Post
      I am want to assume steps 1 thru 8 are based on the original (exellent) instructions provided by Finless; and should produce a complete "Dump" using AndroidTool 2.1 with each "ExportImage.img" being renamed to its proper name, i.e. boot.img, system.img, parameter.txt, etc, etc
      You need make 2 dumps:
      1. Blocks 0-2 to detect full size of ROM (steps 1..6)
      2. Blocks 0-xxxx to make full dump (steps 7..8)

On step 9 tool rkDumpSlicer will make "boot.img, system.img, parameter.txt, etc, etc."

Comment

Hi!

You need make 2 dumps:
        1. Blocks 0-2 to detect full size of ROM (steps 1..6)
        2. Blocks 0-xxxx to make full dump (steps 7..8)
        But as far as I can see this way you only get a dump without 'user' partition as this final partition starts where the dump ends...
        In case you want a FULL dump with all partitions on the device you need to calculate the correct count value as it can be found in the description of Bob (Finless) or you use my tool as it helps to calculate those value as well: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ckchip-devices

But as it can also split/slice the dump into separate partitions it sounds easier to use it for everything instead of switching between tools (and in case you use my tool and decide you don't need the userdata-partition the steps 4-6 are reduced to one step because it also extracts the correct count value for a dump without 'user' partition from the first exportimage )
        Last edited by nalor; 05-15-2014, 17:11. Reason: replaced 'userdata' by 'user' as I referred to the wrong partition ... stupid me ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nalor View Post
          But as far as I can see this way you only get a dump without userdata as this final partition starts where the dump ends...
          What do you mean?

For example (from parameter):
          Code:
          mtdparts=rk29xxnand:
          [email protected](misc),
          [email protected](kernel),
          [email protected](boot),
          [email protected](recovery),
          [email protected](backup),
          [email protected](cache),
          [B][email protected](userdata),[/B]
          [email protected](kpanic),
          [email protected](system),
          [B][email protected](user)[/B]
          So dump will ended before user partition (it mean internal SD-card, not userdata).

But as it can also split/slice the dump into separate partitions it sounds easier to use it for everything instead of switching between tools (and in case you use my tool and decide you don't need the userdata-partition the steps 4-6 are reduced to one step because it also extracts the correct count value for a dump without userdata from the first exportimage )
          I don't urge to use my tool, simply shared what is more convenient for me (I don't ask money ). As for me it is 3 steps only..

Comment

Originally posted by RedScorpio View Post
            What do you mean?

For example (from parameter):
            Code:
            mtdparts=rk29xxnand:
            [email protected](misc),
            [email protected](kernel),
            [email protected](boot),
            [email protected](recovery),
            [email protected](backup),
            [email protected](cache),
            [B][email protected](userdata),[/B]
            [email protected](kpanic),
            [email protected](system),
            [B][email protected](user)[/B]
            So dump will ended before user partition (it mean internal SD-card, not userdata).

I don't urge to use my tool, simply shared what is more convenient for me (I don't ask money ). As for me it is 3 steps only..
            Hi RedScorpio,
            I still haven't tried your new tool, but it seems to be a great way to save our time for backing up.
            Does it split and make real size of boot, kernel, misc, recovery images or 4,16... according to partition's data from parameter file?
            Thanks
            CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
            CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
            K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
              Does it split and make real size of boot, kernel, misc, recovery images or 4,16... according to partition's data from parameter file?
              It make real sizes for PARM/KRNL-signed files, Rockchip update images, Android boot images and partitions size in other cases.

Comment

@RedScorpio: you're right - I meant that your 'full rom dump' is without user-partition and not userdata-partition... I've changed my post so it's correct now.
                Thanks for pointing this out!

I'd prefer to create really full-dumps (including user partition) of my devices as I find it easier this way

But everybody as he wants!

Comment

@RedScorpio: you're right - I meant that your 'full rom dump' is without user-partition and not userdata-partition... I've changed my post so it's correct now.
                  Thanks for pointing this out!

I'd prefer to really full-dump my devices as I find it easier this way
                  1. If you need "really full-dump" you don't need download/dump parameter partition. You need to know full NAND size only (you can use RKAndroidTool v.2.1 to detect it).
                  2. Internal SD-card ('user' partition) easier and faster to copy as an external usb mass storage. Copying with AndroidTool may take too much time. For example, the size of NAND in the tablet of my son is equal 32GB

But everybody as he wants!
                  no objection

Comment

Hi again!
                    1) I know, I've calculated the values for my devices one time and just use them when I need a backup
                    2) you're right, with 32GB it's quite time consuming... originally I've created my tool for my 4GB android ebook reader where it takes about 7-8 minutes to backup or restore.
                    For my 16GB tablet it's about 32minutes to backup or restore - so in my experience it takes 2min/GB to dump.. with 32GB this would result in a duration longer than a hour
                    But as I don't backup/restore my devices each day I prefer to get create full backups, this way it's only 1 step to restore everything and as I don't need to monitor the restore process I can do something else in the meantime

Comment

It make real sizes for PARM/KRNL-signed files, Rockchip update images, Android boot images and partitions size in other cases.
                      Sorry, but I haven't understood you completely. I'll PM you in Russian
                      CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                      CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                      K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

But as I don't backup/restore my devices each day I prefer to get create full backups, this way it's only 1 step to restore everything
                        Hi
                        But you don't need split/slice dump in this case, isn't it?

Comment

Hi! I still need to split the dump into separate partitions as it's not possible to restore a complete big dump file..
                          This is the reason why my tool creates config-files for the rockchip AndroidTool at the end of the split process - all I have to do after the split process is to load the config file in the AndroidTool and next the restore can begin

Comment

This is the reason why my tool creates config-files for the rockchip AndroidTool at the end of the split process - all I have to do after the split process is to load the config file in the AndroidTool and next the restore can begin
                            Hi!

This is great idea. I will add such feature in new version of my tool. Thanks for RockchipConfigFileSpecification.pdf

Comment

This is great idea. I will add such feature in new version of my tool. Thanks for RockchipConfigFileSpecification.pdf
                              Implemented in rkDumpSlicer v.0.96

Comment

I want to do a full ROM dump out to a image file...

I have now modified my ROM on my CS968 box and just want to do a backup, so in case I want to try out another ROM, I easily can flash antoher ROM and then just restore from this backup my custom ROM.
                                Is this the right tool?
                                I am a real newbie on this so I need explanations like you would teach your mother :-).
                                I have installed the Tool but i would like to be told how to do a full dump, as someone described here that the tool itself can rekognise the Nand size and then just dump out a .IMG file.

Implemented in rkDumpSlicer v.0.96
                                CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                                CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
                                HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Working...
                                X