Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes you can do it with this. You must read through this post and follow instructions. It's all here to do it.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

Ok, I'll do that. I was curious because i saw in this thread that the tool could calculate the Nand flash without dumping the parameter file, I have read the readme file and its rather complicated and it would be more convinience to just dump the whole ROM in a glance :-)
      I dont think its written somewhere here how you do that, just in pieces...

Pejochto via Tapatalk
      CS968 MTK Chipset
      MT5981 - MT6622
      HTC-T018-V04
      CR11S AP6210 Chipset
      CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
      HTC-T018-V04

Comment

One more question, kan you flash the created .img file with RkbatchTool 1.7?
        Or do you have to use RK 2.1?

Pejochto via Tapatalk
        CS968 MTK Chipset
        MT5981 - MT6622
        HTC-T018-V04
        CR11S AP6210 Chipset
        HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
          One more question, kan you flash the created .img file with RkbatchTool 1.7?
          Or do you have to use RK 2.1?

Pejochto via Tapatalk
          CS968 MTK Chipset
          MT5981 - MT6622
          HTC-T018-V04
          You have to flash with RKAndroidTool v1.37

Comment

I've been playing around with these since yesterday, a couple thoughts:

1. I created a dump of my user.img (internal sd card). When flashing, it seemed to work, but when I loaded up, the SD card flash must have been incomplete or something, because my entire XBMC configuration (sdcad/android/files/org.xbmc...ect) was only partially full. It was very very strange. I think ill just copy paste from USB mass storage from now on.

2. I know you said you need finless rkflash tool 1.37 to flash these individual imgs, but is there a way to pack it up into a nice single .img which RkBatchtool can use? Like FWs we get from manufacturers/devs?

Comment

Originally posted by servo386 View Post

2. I know you said you need finless rkflash tool 1.37 to flash these individual imgs, but is there a way to pack it up into a nice single .img which RkBatchtool can use? Like FWs we get from manufacturers/devs?
              Nope, that format doesn't support flashing the /data partition.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks finless.

Any idea about my weird partial SDcard flash?

Comment

I am also looking for a tool that makes a single image of the ROM that I have modified, in stock ROM there are apps installed and how do they do that. I have been investigated the CWM variant but it doesnt seem to be supported on my CS968 (RK3188). So I am looking for a easy way to backup/restore my ROM where some of my installed Apps can be backed up, so you dont need to install everything from the beginning, root, language, wifi, timezone. Etc...
                  Is there a method for that without need for be an spaceengineer.

Pejochto via Tapatalk
                  CS968 MTK Chipset
                  MT5981 - MT6622
                  HTC-T018-V04
                  CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                  HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
                    I am also looking for a tool that makes a single image of the ROM that I have modified, in stock ROM there are apps installed and how do they do that. I have been investigated the CWM variant but it doesnt seem to be supported on my CS968 (RK3188). So I am looking for a easy way to backup/restore my ROM where some of my installed Apps can be backed up, so you dont need to install everything from the beginning, root, language, wifi, timezone. Etc...
                    Is there a method for that without need for be an spaceengineer.

Pejochto via Tapatalk
                    CS968 MTK Chipset
                    MT5981 - MT6622
                    HTC-T018-V04
                    Easier than this, you are not going to get
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ckchip-devices

Comment

I did try your tool according to your instructions and i managed to make a complete backup and a restore, that was lucky for me because I accendently pushed the erase Nand button :-(
                      And then everything was gone, I then ran into a problem because there was no boot loader, how do you solve that?
                      I did a stockrom installation and then the restore, is there a easier way?
                      And what if you want to try out different ROM:s with older/newer bootloaders?
                      I read for instance that Android JB and KitKat are not compatible with bootloaders?
                      Am I on deep water here???
                      As I said I am a newbie, still learning :-)

Pejochto via Tapatalk
                      CS968 MTK Chipset
                      MT5981 - MT6622
                      HTC-T018-V04
                      CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                      HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Hi!
                        As far as I know you can't delete the bootloader, not even by pressing 'Erase NAND' - the bootloader isn't stored in the NAND but in a separate chip.
                        This is what makes the rockchip devices that resistent against bricking
                        When you press 'Erase NAND' only the NAND is erased -I press this button always when I switch between different firmware versions - just to be on the safe side
                        (and it was never necessary to reflash the bootloader)

How did you find out that your bootloader was gone?

When I performed my first experiments with different firmwares on my odys iron tablet I always flashed the bootloader together with the firmware because I thought it's more complete this case... in the end I always ended in trouble because one of the firmwares I've tried flashed bootloader 2.07 while all the others used 1.24 - the way back from 2.07 to 1.24 was always very stressfull - I've found a combination how I can flash different loader/firmwares to get back from 2.07 to 1.24 - but as it includes specific firmwares available for my device it's most likely not that usefull for someone else.
                        Nevertheless here comes my step by step manual to downgrade from 2.07 to 1.24 - maybe it's still of some use for someone:

• when loader 2.07 is installed try to flash loader 1.24 >> it will fail and device switches to 'maskrom mode'
                        • try to flash image with loader 1.24 included >> will fail with 'Download IDB failed' at the end
                        • unplug USB and start device in loader-mode again >> should be listed in 'loader mode' in AndroidTool again
                        • flash image with loader 1.24 again and now it should work without problems

As I don't like this kind of troubles I for myself try to avoid switching between different bootloaders - I've read somewhere in the net that newer bootloader prevent downgrading... so in the worst case you're stuck at a certain bootloader version and can't downgrade anymore... but I'm not that experienced when it comes to bootloaders so maybe someone else can give you a more advanced answer

Comment

Hi
                          Thanks for the answer, I actually dont know how it went so wrong because I accidently pressed the erase button and after a couple of seconds my PC (Windows 7) rebooted, why I dont know. And when it came up again i connected the box again to the Pc and there was a blue/red light from the box. And the Tool said something about that the box was connected in mask mode?
                          And I could not press flash button, error messages: (you cant upgrade if you dont load a boot loader) something like that. After I installed the stockrom I got connected and the tool said, Rockchip boot loader etc...
                          I then did the restore and everything was restored. I can tell you I was happy :-)
                          Perhaps something else happend then I dont know?
                          It was interesting to hear that you always erase nand, maybe ill try it again, i am too curious to just let it go and to not understand.
                          :-)

Pejochto via Tapatalk
                          CS968 MTK Chipset
                          MT5981 - MT6622
                          HTC-T018-V04
                          CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                          HTC-T018-V04

Comment

I did the whole procedure again today and everything worked as it should. I even erased the NAND and then restored the ROM and everything was back to the state where it was when I did the backup.
                            One thing I noticed is that XBMC is not restored as it was, I need to set some system setting parameters like subtitles, background etc after the restore, strange...
                            I dont know why but its a minor problem when you use XBMC backup to restore the application itself.

Pejochto via Tapatalk
                            CS968 MTK Chipset
                            MT5981 - MT6622
                            HTC-T018-V04
                            CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                            HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Pejochto, the reason is because yoru XBMC settings and addons and such are stored on the SD card (sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.com) and thus not backed up by normal methods. Just copy thta folder manually and keep it as your "XBMC setup" folder and restore it manually after flashing/restoring a rom.

Comment

Servo386, you are my hero :-)
                                Thanks for the answer. I really think it some kind of confusing with all the names of memory.
                                NAND
                                NAND Flash
                                Internal SD
                                External SD

I thought when you did the whole ROM backup with the whole 8Gb that I have that everything was included. Still confused but on a higher level :-)

Pejochto via Tapatalk
                                CS968 MTK Chipset
                                MT5981 - MT6622
                                HTC-T018-V04
                                CR11S AP6210 Chipset
                                HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Working...
                                X