X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROM_Dumper_Tool can't identify my K-R42

Hi there,
    I've tried to make the dump of my K-R42 but failed. Win 7 64 bit can "see" the Nand Flash and Internal SD Card but Dumper tool can't. Could it be because the device has already been rooted? I tried to install the driver from this rar package (RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows) but it does not suit Win 7 64 bit (it should have worked, though).
    What shall I do to make the dump?
    Last edited by alex5908; 05-29-2014, 03:56.

Comment

Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

What do you mean "Windows can see" the SD card?
      When you use the Rom dumper tool you have to have the box in "Flash mode" on the CS968 you press reset until you hear the windows "Dading sound" and then you need to install the driver, In that mode windows can't see anything on the box. It seems to be different from having the "Usb connect" but I dont know if it is the same driver or if it is two different?
      There is a tool that's called RK driver assistant that made it for me. It does everything automaticly, only on windows 7 though.

Pejochto via Tapatalk
      CS968 MTK Chipset
      MT5981 - MT6622
      HTC-T018-V04
      CR11S AP6210 Chipset
      CS968 MTK Chipset MT5981 - MT6622
      HTC-T018-V04

Comment

Originally posted by pejochto View Post
        What do you mean "Windows can see" the SD card?
        I meant Windows can identify SD card and Nand Flash. Windows Explorer can open both.
        I've installed RK DriverAssistant tool. In Device Manager I can see Android phone- Android Composite ADB Interface. In Portable devices there is RK31SDK. But still RK Rom Dumper does not identify K-R42. What else should be in the Device Manager to be able to make a dump? I tried it in ХР, Win7, Win8.1 but failed. Which driver is missing now?

Comment

Originally posted by alex5908 View Post
          I meant Windows can identify SD card and Nand Flash. Windows Explorer can open both.
          I've installed RK DriverAssistant tool. In Device Manager I can see Android phone- Android Composite ADB Interface. In Portable devices there is RK31SDK. But still RK Rom Dumper does not identify K-R42. What else should be in the Device Manager to be able to make a dump? I tried it in ХР, Win7, Win8.1 but failed. Which driver is missing now?
          You need to enter flash mode by holding the reset button for a couple of seconds to change from 'usb mode' to 'flash mode'. You can also click 'switch' in the flash tool or 'reboot to flash' in the other flash tools to enter flash mode.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            You need to enter flash mode by holding the reset button for a couple of seconds to change from 'usb mode' to 'flash mode'. You can also click 'switch' in the flash tool or 'reboot to flash' in the other flash tools to enter flash mode.
            What are the other flash tools enabling flash mode?

Comment

Originally posted by alex5908 View Post
              What are the other flash tools enabling flash mode?
              RKBatchTool v1.7 - Flash single update.img
              RKAndroidTool v1.35 - Flash seperate images(boot, kernel, recovery, system)

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                RKBatchTool v1.7 - Flash single update.img
                RKAndroidTool v1.35 - Flash seperate images(boot, kernel, recovery, system)
                Thanks a lot!. I've sold the problem. In the device options there should be MASS STORAGE DEVICE.

Comment

systemFile is not existed

I've done the dump of my K-R42 (MK888B, 2GB Ram 8GB Rom Quad Core RK3188 Cortex A9 Full HD Multi Media Player Android TV Box MK888 K-R42 CS918 EKB311B) with RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows, updated firmware successfully but wanted to go back to my old firmware. I can't do it as Rom Flasher Tool 1.37 reads "systemFile is not existed".
                  Somehow I did not choose the files. That's how I bricked the device.
                  Last edited by alex5908; 06-15-2014, 23:37.

Comment

Just tried this for the first time and it works flawlessly.

Instructions are concise and clear.

Nice one Bob
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Awsome Thanks BOB works great!!! now i can keep boxes backed up when testing!
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Just come across an issue.

If I flash back everything, it works perfectly.

I was flashing a TWRP recovery image earlier though that didn't work, so decided to flash back only recovery.img but on booting into recovery, nothing happened.

I used the 137 flasher tool provided.

Not sure why.

Comment

Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

Originally posted by RedScorpio View Post
                          rkDumpSlicer
                          RockChip firmware dump slicer to obtain flashable backup

Version 0.95 Windows

1) Download and unpack AndroidTool v.2.1 + rkDumpSlicer
                          2) Run AndroidTool 2.1
                          3) Get the "parameter" file (put a 0 in the "start" box and a 2 in the "count" at "advance functions" tab and press the "export image" button).
                          4) Open file ExportImage.img in any text editor (except MS Word).
                          5) Find line "CMDLINE:....bla-bla-bla"
                          6) Find last data in "mtdparts=rk29xxnand:" parameter (something like "[email protected](user)")
                          Value "0x005AE000" is count of blocks
                          7) Put a 0 in the "start" box and value from previous point in the "count".
                          8) Press the "export image" button.
                          9) Run "rkDumpSlicer.exe ExportImage.img"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2749082
                          To clarify the instructions on use of RKDumpSlicer by RedScorpio, I have rewritten and expanded on the user information provided.

RKDumpSlicer by RedScorpio Windows Version 0.96
                          Use the Rockchip firmware dump slicer to obtain flashable backup images
                          1. Creates NAND partitions (according to "parameter" file information) without user info.
                          2. Creates the config files “config_8.cfg” and “config_16.cfg”

User Instructions Revised and Clarified by: GeofferyH (Many thanks to RedScorpio and Finless)

User Instruction:

1) Download and unpack AndroidTool v2.1 and RKDumpSlicer (put it into AndroidTool v2.1 "output" folder).
                          2) Start AndroidTool 2.1 and select the "advance functions" tab.
                          3) To get the "parameter" file, put a 0 in the "start" box and a 2 in the "count" box and press the "export image" button.
                          4) Open the "output" folder. Rename the file "ExportImage.img" to "parameter.txt".
                          5) Open the "parameter.txt" file in Windows notepad ONLY. Also, you may need to turn on word wrap to see everything (in format menu, select word wrap).
                          6) In the first line you will see something like: "PARMa[1] FIRMWARE_VER:4.1.1". Delete all the junk in front of the word FIRMWARE so it looks like: "FIRMWARE_VER:4.1.1"
                          7) Clean up the ending junk. At the end you will see the word: "(user)". After it will be some junk. Delete everything after "(user)" including any blank spaces. When done make sure to hit enter once so there is a new line started after "(user)".
                          8) Save the cleaned up parameter file as "parameter_eximage.txt, but leave it open as we need it to continue.
                          9) Find the line that starts with "CMDLINE:" Then, find the last data in "mtdparts=rk29xxnand:" of the parameter file [Example: "[email protected](user)"]. The Value "0x00686000" is the block count.
                          10) In AndroidTool v2.1, put a 0 in the "start" box and block count value from step 9 (Example: 0x00686000) in the "count" box.
                          11) Press the "export image" button. Close AndroidTool v2.1. Close "parameter_eximage.txt" as well.
                          12) Open the "output" folder. Drag and drop the "ExportImage.img" file on top of "rkDumpSlicer.exe".
                          13) A new folder "ExportImage.img.dump" is created in the "output" folder with a sliced image dump (backup.img. boot.img, cache.img, kernel.img, kpanic.img, misc.img, recovery.img, system.img, user.img and userdata.img).
                          14) Rename "parameter" file to "parameter.txt" and then edit it as outlined in steps 6 & 7 above. "Save" and "Close" the parameter.txt file.
                          15) Ready to flash, but DO NOT TRY TO USE AndroidTool v2.1 TO FLASH THE BACKUP. Instead use ROM_Flash_Tool_137 provided by Finless.

Now I have some questions:

1) Please identify use of "config_8.cfg" and "config_16.cfg"?

2)Why does RKDumpSlicer dump not match the Finless RKROMDumper v2.1 dump? Here are the examples based on my PiPo M8Pro3G, DumpSlicer vs ROMDumper v2.1:

parameter.txt = 621 KB vs 601 KB
                          backup.img = 35,973 KB vs 65,536 KB
                          boot.img = 9,200 KB vs 16,384 KB
                          cache.img = 131,072 KB vs 131,072 KB
                          kernel.img = 8,209 KB vs 16,384 KB
                          kpanic.img = 4,096 KB vs 4,096 KB
                          misc.img = 4,096 KB vs 4,096 KB
                          recovery.img = 18,320 KB vs 32,768 KB
                          system.img = 1,048,576 KB vs 1,048,576 KB
                          user.img = 0 KB vs 13,357,056 KB
                          userdata.img = 2,097,152 KB vs 2,097,152 KB

3) Would we get a good "user.img" file if we calculated the internal SDCard and substituted that Hex value (my PiPo M8Pro3G = 0x197A000) for the count value used (my PiPo M8Pro3G = 0x00686000) in step 10 of the revised RKDumpSlicer User Instruction?

Comment

1) Please identify use of "config_8.cfg" and "config_16.cfg"?
                            The one is for RK Flash Tool v1.37 the other for RKAndroidTool v2.1

2) Why does RKDumpSlicer dump not match the Finless RKROMDumper v2.1 dump? Here are the examples based on my PiPo M8Pro3G, DumpSlicer vs ROMDumper v2.1:
                            ROMDumper v2.1 dumps the complete partition including empty space according to the size of the partition file.
                            Dumpslicer cuts the partitions to get only written data, the real size, skipping the empty space.

3) Would we get a good "user.img" file if we calculated the internal SDCard and substituted that Hex value (my PiPo M8Pro3G = 0x197A000) for the count value used (my PiPo M8Pro3G = 0x00686000) in step 10 of the revised RKDumpSlicer User Instruction?[/QUOTE]
                            No, your parameter file shouldn't contain 'gaps' between the partitions.
                            Thus use a good parameter file.

Rather use this tool as it can detect the gaps between partitions.
                            http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ckchip-devices

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the RK 2.1 tool works under Windows 8.1

Comment

currently i am on 4.2.2. if i make a dump according the instruction and then flash a kitkat rom, can i just flash back to my dump or does kitkat change the bootloader?

Comment

Working...
                                X