Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by gdroos View Post
    currently i am on 4.2.2. if i make a dump according the instruction and then flash a kitkat rom, can i just flash back to my dump or does kitkat change the bootloader?
    You first have to erase idb with the kitkat parameter file loaded, not checked. Then you can flash JB back,otherwise you are going to brick your device.

    Comment


      Hi,
      I'm trying to dump firmware files from my rk3188 tablet but it seems that the tool doesn't doing anything : also the exportimage is sized 0kb. Is it normal ?
      I'll wait other minutes to see if it ill finish.

      Edit : done

      How can I check if everithing worked correctly ?

      Comment


        hello please help

        solucionado
        Last edited by lalin1204; 07-29-2014, 01:51.

        Comment


          Automated AndroidTool Backup

          I followed Bob's instructions in the first post (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post138835) and thought that I would take the time to write an automated process using a scripting language called AutoIt (see http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/).

          All you need to do is...
          1. Install AutoIt from http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/.
          2. Download and copy the .AU3 script file (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9q...it?usp=sharing) into the folder containing your AndroidTool v2.1 (ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe)
          3. Make sure you have nothing of value in the Output folder (sub-folder of where ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe is located) as it will delete EVERYTHING in the folder
          4. Run the .AU3 script file by right-clicking and select "Run Script" (or double-click if you associated .AU3 files as run rather than edit when you installed AutoIt). It will run the AndroidTool v2.1, inform you to boot the tablet into loader mode (if not already done), create the parameter.txt file, scan it and produce the backups for all partitions that it finds and store them in the Output folder, tell you that it is finished (a long time later), then close the AndroidTool v2.1.
          5. The Output folder will contain all the partitions as .IMG files, a correct parameter file and a log file.


          I am supplying the script file (so you can see what it does). I have reinstated the .EXE as some people have asked for it. Beware that my antivirus program Avast declared the .EXE as a virus. If you have installed AutoIt then there is no need to run a .EXE as the .AU3 file is effectively the same.

          I have PM'd Bob and he suggested putting it up here for people to try. He will confirm whether the backups it creates are identical to his backups created manually.

          Hopefully it will do no harm to your tablet but usual disclaimers apply. One thing that I noticed when testing it was that if I killed the AndroidTool while is was backing up a large partition my Windows 7 x64 system got a blue screen of death. Note, this was when I killed the program, when I leave it to run to completion it was fine.

          See https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9q...it?usp=sharing (AutoIt script)
          See https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9q...it?usp=sharing (script compiled into a x86 .EXE)

          Changelog
          Version 1.0
          • Initial version

          Version 2.0
          • Scans the parameter.txt file and backups all found partitions rather than using hard-coded partition names as in version 1.0
          • Outputs the NVM size/chip select info in the log file
          • Automatically requires administrator rights

          Version 2.1
          • Parameter file now reads 4 blocks instead of 2 blocks (for tablets with large parameter files)
          • Parameter file now writes all lines up to (and including) "CMDLINE: console="

          Version 2.2
          • Asks whether to include the internal SD partition in the backup process


          Please report any problems, comments, etc.

          Darren
          Last edited by DarrenNewsgroup; 08-03-2014, 18:15. Reason: New instructions for version 2.2

          Comment


            Originally posted by DarrenNewsgroup View Post
            I followed Bob's instructions in the first post (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post138835) and thought that I would take the time to write an automated process using a scripting language called AutoIt (see http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/).

            All you need to do is...
            1. Copy the .EXE into the folder containing your AndroidTool v2.1 (ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe)
            2. Make sure you have nothing of value in the Output folder (sub-folder of where ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe is located) as it will delete EVERYTHING in the folder
            3. Run the .EXE (see later for the source code to create the .EXE yourself if you wish). It will run the AndroidTool v2.1, inform you to boot the tablet into loader mode (if not already done), produce the backups in the Output folder, tell you that it is finished (a long time later), then close the AndroidTool v2.1.
            4. The Output folder will contain all the partitions as .IMG files, a correct parameter file and a log file.

            I am supplying the script file (so you can see what it does) and the compiled .EXE if you (trust me and don't want to install AutoIt and compile it yourself).

            I have PM'd Bob and he suggested putting it up here for people to try. He will confirm whether the backups it creates are identical to his backups created manually.

            Hopefully it will do no harm to your tablet but usual disclaimers apply. One thing that I noticed when testing it was that if I killed the AndroidTool while is was backing up a large partition my Windows 7 x64 system got a blue screen of death. Note, this was when I killed the program, when I leave it to run to completion it was fine.

            See https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9q...it?usp=sharing (AutoIt script)
            See https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9q...it?usp=sharing (script compiled into .EXE)

            Please report any problems, comments, etc.

            Darren
            When I attempt to download the .exe my browser reports that the file is infected with a virus.

            It may be a false positive but worth you running it through a check to be sure.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

            Comment


              I recompiled the au3 file using autoit myself to the exe (x86) and ran it.


              I'm not sure if running the x86 version of the exe will make any difference when running on an x64 OS but will see.


              Interesting to see that you can add a custom icon when compiling.

              I ran the exe (in administrator mode) and then saw the prompt asking me to reboot the box into bootloader mode, which i did.


              The first thing received was a prompt to say that it could not delete the contents of the existing output folder despite it being empty already.


              Not an issue as you just click OK.


              It takes more time than you expect to find the box in bootloader mode, so I ended up clicking retry a number of times before anything happened.


              I waited about 10 minutes and then noticed that there was an icon in the system tray alternating between the default icon and a red cross.


              At first I thought that this was a indicator to show that something was happening but there was nothing in the output folder.

              When I hovered over the system tray Icon it stated that the script was paused.

              I resumed it but nothing seemed to happen, so I stopped the process (no BSOD).

              I decided to recompile the script to the x64 exe, as I am using a 64bit OS.

              Followed the same process but nothing seemed to happen.

              I then discovered that if I placed the box into bootloader mode first and then ran the exe then the process ran and ran very quickly.

              From first inspection of the output it seemed to have produced the files as I would have expected with a zero byte file for userdata.img, which I expected but as I personally prefer to backup the lot because it is far more convenient for me, I will have a look at the script and see if I can modify it as such as I have to date been using the excellent RockchipDumpSplit_0.96 in conjunction with Bobs original ROM_Dumper_Tool.

              Nice one Darren and another tool in the armour
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

              Comment


                Re: Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

                Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                When I attempt to download the .exe my browser reports that the file is infected with a virus.

                It may be a false positive but worth you running it through a check to be sure.
                Yes my Avast also detected it as a virus even though I had compiled the .EXE myself! I have reported it to Avast As a false positive but you are wise to question it as any .EXE from someone else should be treated as suspicious. Hence why I supplied the source script as well. I will edit my post to add the false positive note.

                Comment


                  Re: Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

                  Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                  I recompiled the au3 file using autoit myself to the exe (x86) and ran it.


                  I'm not sure if running the x86 version of the exe will make any difference when running on an x64 OS but will see.


                  Interesting to see that you can add a custom icon when compiling.

                  I ran the exe (in administrator mode) and then saw the prompt asking me to reboot the box into bootloader mode, which i did.


                  The first thing received was a prompt to say that it could not delete the contents of the existing output folder despite it being empty already.


                  Not an issue as you just click OK.


                  It takes more time than you expect to find the box in bootloader mode, so I ended up clicking retry a number of times before anything happened.


                  I waited about 10 minutes and then noticed that there was an icon in the system tray alternating between the default icon and a red cross.


                  At first I thought that this was a indicator to show that something was happening but there was nothing in the output folder.

                  When I hovered over the system tray Icon it stated that the script was paused.

                  I resumed it but nothing seemed to happen, so I stopped the process (no BSOD).

                  I decided to recompile the script to the x64 exe, as I am using a 64bit OS.

                  Followed the same process but nothing seemed to happen.

                  I then discovered that if I placed the box into bootloader mode first and then ran the exe then the process ran and ran very quickly.

                  From first inspection of the output it seemed to have produced the files as I would have expected with a zero byte file for userdata.img, which I expected but as I personally prefer to backup the lot because it is far more convenient for me, I will have a look at the script and see if I can modify it as such as I have to date been using the excellent RockchipDumpSplit_0.96 in conjunction with Bobs original ROM_Dumper_Tool.

                  Nice one Darren and another tool in the armour
                  When I compiled it I just used the default options and didn't appreciate any x64 or x86 possible differences.

                  My tablet is a Pipo M9 Max, perhaps yours booting into bootloader is different.

                  During my testing I noticed the script failing to delete the output folder but this only occurred if I had loaded a file from the folder into an editor so locking the file. I am surprised that clicking the error message box then allowed you to continue as each error message should them quit the program (I would have expected you to have to run the .EXE again but you didn't say that was necessary). It might be worth adding to the script in the MessageAndQuit function to WinClose the dumper tool to tidy things up.

                  I am surprised that your userdata.img file was 0 bytes. Can you post your parameter.txt and parameter.img and log files (all 3 should be in the output folder). When I ran it on my Pipo the total size of all partitions was 16GB which is correct as it is a 16GB model.

                  I am sorry that it doesn't seem to work for you but you seem switched on enough to able work through the script. I used the SciTE4AutoIt3 editor that is available from the AutoIt website as it has colour coding and F1 context sensitive help (press F1 on a keyword). Perhaps you will find something that I missed. What tablet are you using?

                  Darren

                  Comment


                    Parameter.txt is:

                    FIRMWARE_VER:4.4.2
                    MACHINE_MODEL:rk31sdk
                    MACHINE_ID:007
                    MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                    MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                    ATAG: 0x60000800
                    MACHINE: 3066
                    CHECK_MASK: 0x80
                    KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
                    #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
                    CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),0x [email protected](kernel),[email protected]( boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected] x00020000(backup),[email protected](cache),0x0 [email protected](metadata),[email protected] (kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](userdata)


                    Parameter.img is:

                    PARM^ FIRMWARE_VER:4.4.2
                    MACHINE_MODEL:rk31sdk
                    MACHINE_ID:007
                    MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                    MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                    ATAG: 0x60000800
                    MACHINE: 3066
                    CHECK_MASK: 0x80
                    KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
                    #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
                    CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),0x [email protected](kernel),[email protected]( boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected] x00020000(backup),[email protected](cache),0x0 [email protected](metadata),[email protected] (kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](userdata)
                    _Ÿ^


                    Logfile is:

                    22:15:08 780 AndroidTool v2.1.0.0 start run


                    I'm using a K-R42 box running Kitkat but will be trying the script with a tablet running JB as well.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

                    Comment


                      Re: Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

                      Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                      Parameter.txt is:

                      FIRMWARE_VER:4.4.2
                      MACHINE_MODEL:rk31sdk
                      MACHINE_ID:007
                      MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                      MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                      ATAG: 0x60000800
                      MACHINE: 3066
                      CHECK_MASK: 0x80
                      KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
                      #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
                      CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),0x [email protected](kernel),[email protected]( boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected] x00020000(backup),[email protected](cache),0x0 [email protected](metadata),[email protected] (kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](userdata)


                      Parameter.img is:

                      PARM^ FIRMWARE_VER:4.4.2
                      MACHINE_MODEL:rk31sdk
                      MACHINE_ID:007
                      MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                      MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                      ATAG: 0x60000800
                      MACHINE: 3066
                      CHECK_MASK: 0x80
                      KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
                      #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
                      CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),0x [email protected](kernel),[email protected]( boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected] x00020000(backup),[email protected](cache),0x0 [email protected](metadata),[email protected] (kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](userdata)
                      _Ÿ^


                      Logfile is:

                      22:15:08 780AndroidTool v2.1.0.0 start run


                      I'm using a K-R42 box running Kitkat but will be trying the script with a tablet running JB as well.
                      I wrote the script based on the instructions in Bob's download. The instructions say userdata is a normal partition and user.img is the one which runs to the end of the NAND.
                      I do not have kitkat yet so I am not sure if this is a kitkat issue or tablet manufacturer issue.
                      If you install AutoIt you can edit the script and compile it yourself. You will need to change the code

                      ExportImageUser("user")

                      To

                      ExportImageUser("userdata")

                      And delete the line

                      ExportImagePartition("userdata")

                      If you look through the script you can follow how I wrote it.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by DarrenNewsgroup View Post
                        I wrote the script based on the instructions in Bob's download. The instructions say userdata is a normal partition and user.img is the one which runs to the end of the NAND.
                        I do not have kitkat yet so I am not sure if this is a kitkat issue or tablet manufacturer issue.
                        If you install AutoIt you can edit the script and compile it yourself. You will need to change the code

                        ExportImageUser("user")

                        To

                        ExportImageUser("userdata")

                        And delete the line

                        ExportImagePartition("userdata")

                        If you look through the script you can follow how I wrote it.
                        Those mods did the trick and compares exactly with the backups using the other two methods.

                        Thanks and the next time you are Worcester way, I'll buy you a pint
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

                        Comment


                          Re: Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

                          Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                          Those mods did the trick and compares exactly with the backups using the other two methods.

                          Thanks and the next time you are Worcester way, I'll buy you a pint
                          When I get time I might change the script to be cleverer and scan the parameter.txt file looking for the partitions and backing up whatever it finds, handling the one with "[email protected]" as the special case. This should then work for all parameter files.

                          I was just following Bob's instructions,, but like all things writing for what you see in front off you on your own hardware might not work for others with a different setup. Never buy software with an odd version number version 2 has the end user tested bugs removed.

                          Darren

                          Comment


                            Thanks for the contribution!!!!!!

                            I'm doing some testing of your script using my Pipo P1 tablet.

                            This is an RK3288 tablet and the firmware is a little different. Here's what the new parameter file looks like:

                            FIRMWARE_VER:4.4.2
                            MACHINE_MODEL:P1
                            MACHINE_ID:007
                            MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                            MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                            ATAG: 0x60000800
                            MACHINE: 3288
                            CHECK_MASK: 0x80
                            PWR_HLD: 0,0,A,0,1
                            #KERNEL_IMG: 0x62008000
                            #FDT_NAME: rk-kernel.dtb
                            #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
                            CMDLINE:vmalloc=516M CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 board.ap_has_alsa=0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](uboot),0 [email protected](misc),[email protected](r esource),[email protected](kernel),[email protected] 0x00016000(boot),[email protected](recovery),0 [email protected](backup),[email protected] (cache),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected] x00092000(system),[email protected](metadata), [email protected](userdata),[email protected](user)
                            #CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 board.ap_has_alsa=0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](uboot),0 [email protected](misc),[email protected](r esource),[email protected](kernel),[email protected] 0x00016000(boot),[email protected](recovery),0 [email protected](backup),[email protected] (cache),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected] x00092000(system),[email protected](metadata),[email protected](userdata)

                            I had to extract it manually, because you have to enter the count as 3 in order to get the whole thing.

                            Please take a look at this and see if we can edit the script to work on these 3288 ROM's.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

                            Comment


                              Re: Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

                              Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              Thanks for the contribution!!!!!!

                              I'm doing some testing of your script using my Pipo P1 tablet.

                              This is an RK3288 tablet and the firmware is a little different. Here's what the new parameter file looks like:

                              FIRMWARE_VER:4.4.2
                              MACHINE_MODEL:P1
                              MACHINE_ID:007
                              MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                              MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                              ATAG: 0x60000800
                              MACHINE: 3288
                              CHECK_MASK: 0x80
                              PWR_HLD: 0,0,A,0,1
                              #KERNEL_IMG: 0x62008000
                              #FDT_NAME: rk-kernel.dtb
                              #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
                              CMDLINE:vmalloc=516M CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 board.ap_has_alsa=0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](uboot),0 [email protected](misc),[email protected](r esource),[email protected](kernel),[email protected] 0x00016000(boot),[email protected](recovery),0 [email protected](backup),[email protected] (cache),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected] x00092000(system),[email protected](metadata), [email protected](userdata),[email protected](user)
                              #CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.hardware=rk30board androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 board.ap_has_alsa=0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](uboot),0 [email protected](misc),[email protected](r esource),[email protected](kernel),[email protected] 0x00016000(boot),[email protected](recovery),0 [email protected](backup),[email protected] (cache),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected] x00092000(system),0x000020[email protected](metadata),[email protected](userdata)

                              I had to extract it manually, because you have to enter the count as 3 in order to get the whole thing.

                              Please take a look at this and see if we can edit the script to work on these 3288 ROM's.
                              Glad to be of use to others who have contributed to my tablet (I am using Riley ROM 2.5.3 - after this backup project I am aiming to go to Riley ROM 2.6, especially as the backup testing indicated that I have 2 Toshiba NAND chips instead of 1 (which will brick my tablet).

                              Having experienced issues with the .EXE (false positive virus reporting and also x86/x64 issues I think it best that I just update the script and let users run and/or compile it in AutoIt.

                              Give me a while (few days - busy time at work) to update the script to backup the partitions found in the parameter.txt file rather than the hard-coded ones from Bob's instructions (great starting point - I don't want to seem that I am slagging off his work).

                              Comment


                                New version 2.0 of my automated process

                                I have created version 2.0 of my script - see my original post http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?10129-Backing-up-your-RK-device-(ROM)-with-the-new-RK-2-1-tool&p=208840&viewfull=1#post208840

                                The original post has the new version at the same download location and removed the .EXE (I have saved version 1.0 elsewhere for posterity).

                                It addresses issues raised by

                                As usual any problems please let me know

                                Darren

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X