This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bernwoodshanover View Post
    Well, isn't this a sad state of affairs? I installed Quick Boot and immediately tried the 'Bootloader' option, but nothing happened. Next I tried 'Reboot' to see if ANYthing worked (to check the app) and it worked perfectly. Next, 'Recovery'. I got the android icon with the red exclamation point so I powered off and restarted tablet. I tried 'Bootloader' option yet again and set the tablet aside thinking I may have been too impatient the first time around (I wasn't, but wishful thinking). The tablet never rebooted into any mode.
    It isn't possible to NOT have a bootloader, right? If nothing else, at least now I know why all my attempts to get the bootloader up didn't work. There's obviously something going on that I can't explain. Any ideas? Anyone? Hmmm....
    I've always been able to work through whatever the computer threw at me, but this android is really goofy to me, yeah? Bluesmanuk, I'm going to take a look at similar apps -- just in case another app could break through, but I'm not hopeful. Fingers crossed....

Bern
    Interesting.

Try this reboot app.

It's made by a guy called Petrus from Freaktab.

His download link isn't working at the moment so I've uploaded it for you to try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik8eovz6sn...er-9-1.4.5.apk

This site talks of what is required to flash a ROM

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/pro...ge-pro-7d.html

It says '+hold the Volume+ button while you plug the tablet into the computer'

You don't need to use the power button because the power will be supplied through the USB port.

There is also a dedicated forum for this model here, which may be of use too

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/pro-7d/
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

repartition userdata?

is there still a way to perform repartition to userdata(rk3066)? i tried the mod(want to increase from 1gb to 2gb) to parameter.txt and reflashed the img files but internal_sd only reduced by 1gb but userdata remains 1gb. thanks for any advice.

Comment

Yes, VERY Interesting!

Bluesmanuk wrote:

There is also a dedicated forum for this model here, which may be of use too

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/pro-7d/
        Holy hard drives, Batman! THAT'S how I found you guys. First came across this,
        • "[TUT] How to Root the VL Prestige Pro 7D RK3066.... Easiest Method"

Code:
        [URL]http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/tut-how-to-root-the-vl-prestige-pro-7d-rk3066-easiest-method.66008/[/URL]
        but my remark,

Bernwoodshanover wrote:

For some reason, I looked around once more and came across your tutorial using the RK 2.1 tool that came directly from Rockchip....
        came from this last look:
        • "[Tut] How to install CWM or TWRP Recovery on the Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D"

Code:
        http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/tut-how-to-install-cwm-or-twrp-recovery-on-the-visual-land-prestige-pro-7d.66015/
        While there was a slightly grey title in small print, "Discussion in 'Rockchip RK3066 Tablets' started by xdrc45, Mar 22, 2014", unlike the usual forum headers, I saw nothing to imply that the whole forum was dedicated to the VL Pro 7D. I got these links each directly rather than to the forum itself. It was the latter tutorial that gave the link (3rd paragraph),

that brought me to Bob's page. Thank you so much for the extra effort, Bluesmanuk. I'm sure this forum just may help sometime in the future and serve as much needed research from here on out.

OK, chit-chat aside, I installed Petrus' app and will try it now just to see if I can get in and out. Fingers crossed....

Bern

PS: Sorry about the links -- I need to brush up on my forum coding. Like riding a bike?
        If it ain't broke, mess with it anyway! You just might learn something!!

PC running Windows 7
        Surface running Windows RT 8.1
        VL Prestige Pro 7D running Jelly Bean 4.1.1
        Dell Venue 8 running KitKat 4.4.2

Comment

Hmmm............

Not to sound like a broken record but,
          I installed Rebooter and immediately tried the 'Bootloader' option, but nothing happened. Next I tried 'Reboot' to see if ANYthing worked (to check the app) and it worked perfectly. Next, 'Recovery'. I got the android icon with the red exclamation point (or as Macktion put it in one of the links you gave me, "...it will show a green android with a wire-frame-Dodeckahedron in its belly") so I powered off and restarted tablet.
          I also tried powering off then, "+hold the Volume+ button while you plug the tablet into the computer" and all I got was the Visual Land splash screen followed by the charging battery icon, both of which are normal to see when powered off and plugging tablet into power source. After that though, nothing. I unplugged tablet and turned it back on like normal.

Has this happened to anyone else before? I feel like I'm an idiot for rooting my tablet without backing up and therefore caused this problem in the first place. In my defense, I thought it was like which came first, the chicken or the egg. As stated, I was simply trying to backup my new tablet so when I read, "Installing a custom recovery on the Pro 7D gives you the ability to perform nandroid backups and nandroid restores to the device.", I didn't understand how to FIRST backup if I was trying to create my FIRST backup to begin with! Let this be a lesson to anyone else (especially newbies) that if something doesn't make sense -- ask someone first! Otherwise, you'll be asking a whole lot more later when something goes horribly wrong!!

All I can think of to try next is to unroot the tablet and perform a complete factory reset hoping it'll make things right and begin again -- unrooted this time -- following Bob's tutorial from there. I realize that by unrooting without a proper backup in place still, I'll be making the same mistake only in reverse but, short of something even more destructive occurring (like locking it up for good -- 'bricking' is it?), I don't see much choice in the matter at this point.

I won't do anything until told I might as well give THAT a go or given an alternative to try. Note that, since it's new, I haven't any committed 'user' anything much to speak of. I have, on paper, the stuff that came with the tablet, but most of it I couldn't care less about ('bloatware' and such?) as I'm sure I can reinstall whatever I need from the Play Store. In the meantime, I'll be shutting apps down, making a copy of my bookmarks, etc., etc., until I hear otherwise....

Bern

PC running Windows 7

Comment

I confess that based upon my own knowledge and experience, I've never known rooting to affect access to the bootloader, but somebody else may well know better.

I take it that you have tried a factory reset?

I saw a video on youtube that seemed to show you how to do it although didn't watch it.

So if you have connected the tablet to the PC whilst holding down the volume + button, how does windows device manager show the tablet?

Then boot the tablet up as normal and connect it to the PC and see if device manager shows it as something different.

I take it that if you were to hold down volume - and then power on that it would take you to whatever recovery is installed?

I guess that it can't hurt to think that the instructions could be incorrect and connect the tablet to your PC with the volume - button being held instead.

But out of sheer curiosity at this point, when you connect the tablet with volume + and then run the ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe to see if it sees the tablet.

One other thought as it is new would be to contact the manufacturer, telling them that the device won't start at all and ask them if they have the stock firmware and installation instructions so that you can have the opportunity to go back and start all over again.

Comment

Yes, I've done the factory reset on this already. Like when we got the Surface, played with it a bit to see what to keep, what to add, what to upgrade or not, etc., then I do the reset adding back only what was necessary and/or wanted and forgot about anything else. Then I do a proper backup and toss the disks/USB drive/soon-to-be microSD card in the lockbox for safe keeping. Will make newer backups to save on opposite hard drives as required, but I'll always have a clean, factory fresh and personalized version to go back to should ever the need arise.

As for the device manager, I was so focused on it not booting up as expected, I didn't even look. The computer's tied up now for as many hours spouse needs to get real work done for the day that I may have to wait 'till after dinner to try again. I'll see if I can sneak in if there's a break in the action. For now, I'm limited to this tablet.

I was reading through some things in the Tabletroms forum and I believe it stated there that holding down the volume- key instead of volume+ takes you into recovery mode, but I'll recheck on that and/or try the '-' key.

With tablet rooted still, warranty would be voided, but I doubt a place like Walmart would have any softwares set aside for any device. If I'd bought a tablet from a place like BestBuy, I could unroot and stand a better chance that they might have some materials on hand for what you suggest. I doubt you're familiar with those stores, but I wish it was that easy.

I will try running the ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe again as you're suggesting and see what happens. I'll let you know if device manager sees tablet or not, bluesmanuk. Thanks for all your 'trying'. Any ideas are better than no ideas at all.

Bern

PC running Windows 7

Comment

Bern, I've been reading and reading and reading your posts to try and figure out what you are trying to do.

First of all, what is the Brand/Model of the tablet you are trying to make a ROM Dump from? Are you sure it's a Rockchip CPU?

Next, it isn't necessary to root the device to do a Rockchip dump. Most other devices may require root to use the tools (Like MTK).

Here are some simple things to check:

1. Use the USB cable that came with the tablet.
                2. Use a USB 2.0 port only, not USB 3.0 (RK drivers don't support USB 3.0)
                3. Make sure USB debugging is turned off on the device.
                4. Run the RKFlashTool (the ROM Dumper app you are using). On the first tab, there is either a "Switch" button or a "Reboot to Flash" button. With the tablet on, connect to USB and see if it sees your tablet in Mass Storage Mode. If so, click "Switch" or "Reboot to Flash". Your tablet will go into flash mode and then you can use the tool to make the ROM dump....either following Bob's directions, or using the script provided above.

If this still doesn't work, you still have a driver issue on your PC.

Once you have a complete ROM dump, you can send me a link and we can see about making a rooted custom ROM for your device. For a custom ROM, you need these files:

parameter
                boot.img
                kernel.img
                recovery.img
                system.img
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

rockchip PCB-T700A rk3026?

Hello, I'm new here and I have a question, I have this tablet (device info and frequencies on the attachments) and I was wondering how can I root it and maybe install CWM or TWRM (wichever one's easier/better) and also how to make a proper backup of course.

If you could help me I would really appreciate it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fas0 View Post
                    Hello, I'm new here and I have a question, I have this tablet (device info and frequencies on the attachments) and I was wondering how can I root it and maybe install CWM or TWRM (wichever one's easier/better) and also how to make a proper backup of course.

If you could help me I would really appreciate it.
                    Does the device have a specific make/model number?

A friend of mine with an RK3026 device used SuperOneClick to root his.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2362552

You could ask here about getting a specific TWRP for your device.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...for-Rockchip-s

Try one of the 3 methods from this thread to make a backup.
                    The latest script is essentially a one click solution that works perfectly for me.
                    Nothing to lose by trying.

Comment

You can start by following the instructions listed above and get a ROM Dump. Get me the files I listed in the previous post to yours and I'll see what I can do.

Of coarse, it would be better if you had a link to the official factory firmware, but a ROM dump will work. The only thing you can't get with a ROM dump is the bootloader.bin. Which is needed if you brick your device.

Once we get a rooted ROM, custom recovery will follow.
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Qilive 8QC backup rom - alsom know as Arcjo 80b platinum

When doing all the steps i verify that my parameter don't have a (user) settings only (userdata)
                        Finless can you please give some info on what to do a correct backup.

I don't care about anything other than the original sustem nor even the user settings.
                        I just wanna a correct backup image to clean up the rom.

I rooted this tablet using vroot latest version as of today. It works but it's full of chinese crap.

My parameter.txt

CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),0x [email protected](kernel),[email protected]( boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected] x00020000(backup),[email protected](cache),0x0 [email protected](kpanic),[email protected](s ystem),[email protected](userdata)

Rom place is :
                        http://1drv.ms/1vEnBsm
                        Last edited by billgatos; 08-12-2014, 23:26.
                        I help with 4GD663269M466950W
                        And you ????
                        --
                        My devices:
                        Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
                        Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

I hope that is not the full backup, has it contains your details.

Not having a user partition means that the internal SD is mounted inside data partition(userdata).

Tapatalked
                          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                            I hope that is not the full backup, has it contains your details.

Not having a user partition means that the internal SD is mounted inside data partition(userdata).

Tapatalked
                            I didn't extrated the userdata, only the normal partitions, the result of wich one is:
                            backup.img 64Mb
                            boot.img 16Mb
                            kernel.img 8Mb
                            misc.img 4 Mb
                            recovery 32 Mb
                            System 600 Mb

the values of cat /proc/mtd

cat /proc/mtd
                            dev: size erasesize name
                            mtd0: 00400000 00004000 "misc"
                            mtd1: 00800000 00004000 "kernel"
                            mtd2: 01000000 00004000 "boot"
                            mtd3: 02000000 00004000 "recovery"
                            mtd4: 04000000 00004000 "backup"
                            mtd5: 08000000 00004000 "cache"
                            mtd6: 00400000 00004000 "kpanic"
                            mtd7: 25800000 00004000 "system"
                            mtd8: 1a4400000 00004000 "userdata"

are different of the ones grabbed on parameter.txt
                            wich one is correct

mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),
                            [email protected](kernel),
                            [email protected](boot),
                            [email protected](recovery),
                            [email protected](backup),
                            [email protected](cache),
                            [email protected](kpanic),
                            [email protected](system),
                            [email protected](userdata)

The tablet is only used to play games and xmbc nothing more
                            Last edited by billgatos; 08-13-2014, 00:16.
                            I help with 4GD663269M466950W
                            And you ????
                            --
                            My devices:
                            Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
                            Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

Fas0:
                              I am by no means an android expert, but I'm new here, too.

"Before you begin I highly recommend that you make a backup of your device using the modified RK 2.1 tool with full and easy directions on how to make the backup from here:
                              Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool"
                              I would suggest creating a backup FIRST before you root your device. If then you still want/need to root your device and/or "maybe install CWM or TWRM (whichever one's easier/better)", you will have at least one backup already in place should anything go awry. Simply follow Bob's link in Post #1 of this thread (or use link above). Once you unzip the tool, you'll find a full set of instructions included and does NOT require rooting to begin.

rrileypm:
                              My signature now reflects that I have a Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D and it has a RK 3066 processor.

I was simply trying to create a proper backup of a new device and was headed down the CWM/TWRM path to accomplish this when I found Bob's way to backup withOUT having to install all the crap CWM/TWRM requires and, most importantly, did NOT require rooting.

Fas0:
                              Read what I just wrote BEFORE you root and install CWM/TWRM. Once you create your backup, THEN decide your next move based on your wants/needs and what you're trying to accomplish.

rrileypm:
                              I have USB 2.0 ports only (to the best of my knowledge of my 4 yr old PC), though when I've connected the tablet previously (for whatever reason), my PC 'suggested' I connect tablet via a 'dedicated' (I believe was the term used) USB port for 'better performance', if THAT makes a difference or not. I have a mini tower, so USB ports are at a premium as is. I tried connecting via different ports, but could not differentiate between the different ports. I'm 99% sure I don't have any USB 3.0 ports.

As stated, I downloaded Android SDK and thought I allowed the proper drivers to install for MTP, PTP and Mass Storage. I originally had USB debugging enabled. I connected to my PC with Mass Storage ticked.

bluesmanuk:
                              I will retry connecting to the PC withOUT USB debugging enabled and see if device manager sees my tablet and if I now can use the ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe tool. Thanks....

Bern

PC running Windows 7

Comment

Maybe?

OK, connected tablet to PC and got, "Installing Device Driver Software" (automatically), then "Rockusb Device is ready to use".

Device Manager now recognizes "Rockusb Device" under 'Class for rockusb devices'.

I stand corrected...will run 'ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe' again.

Bern
                                Last edited by Bernwoodshanover; 08-13-2014, 06:52.

PC running Windows 7

Comment

Working...
                                X