X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bob,
    Thank you very much for your incredibly clear guide for this new tool
    It has allowed me to make 100% working stock ROM dump for my new K-R42 today.
    Best regards
    CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
    CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
    K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Does someone could upload this tool somewhere the time that Bob gets his backup (if Bob agree) ?
      Thanks

Comment

manao, no problem. Only the name is different because I do not like long folder names especially with spaces. Inside allthe same
        Attached Files

Comment

fazerg, thank you very much.

Comment

Cannot Create Parameter File

Hi all
            following bob instructions precisely and i am unable to create the parameter file. i have put a 0 in the start and a 2 in count the file exports correctly but unable to see my partition sizes.. when renamed file and opened in note pad all i get is coding.. what am i doing wrong because his instructions are quite straight forward and cannot seem to find my errors?

thanks in advance

Comment

bigbow64, text is between small bit of coding in the beginning and coding at the end. It's easy to see if use something moe advanced then just notepad but not MSWord.
              Wordpad or better Notepad++ I would say.

Comment

I backup all the images according to the readme but can't restore the images to my MK808B.
                I can restore all the images except userdata.img otherwise my bootlogo goes into an infinite loop.
                Anyone managed to restore their rom including userdata.img with RK Flash Tool v1.37, is it even possible?

Comment

Yes, did it just yesterday on my MK808B. Maybe your userdata.img is not okay.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to ask , if i have replace stock recovery with CWM in my device, and i dump CWM's recovery.img would this create any problem with flasher tool?

Comment

kandilak, cwm recovery shouldn't be a problem as long as the cwm-recovery.img fits in the recovery partition space.

mo123, I've restored my J22/CX-919ii completely twice now, including userdata. The second time I had to short NAND pins 8 and 9 to get NAND into Mask ROM mode before flashing. Otherwise I got IDB download errors.
                      MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

Originally posted by bigbow64 View Post
                        Hi all
                        following bob instructions precisely and i am unable to create the parameter file. i have put a 0 in the start and a 2 in count the file exports correctly but unable to see my partition sizes.. when renamed file and opened in note pad all i get is coding.. what am i doing wrong because his instructions are quite straight forward and cannot seem to find my errors?

thanks in advance
                        When you open Notepad, make sure the encoding choice is ANSI, and format tab has word wrap checked.. The parameter.img file contains all you need to make the parameter.txt file in its first 15 lines.
                        MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

Originally posted by exglynco View Post
                          When you open Notepad, make sure the encoding choice is ANSI, and format tab has word wrap checked.. The parameter.img file contains all you need to make the parameter.txt file in its first 15 lines.
                          Hi Guys
                          thanks for the replies ...unfortunately still no joy... this is what it looks like opening with notepad and word etc... tried all the above

KRNL H á á á á á á á á ê(o  H p ဠá á ã  ãV4ï áÀ ‚ãð!á dGŸåM ëCâNèАå @à `†à Šà ÚåàÚ唉áàÚå Ú嘉á
                          œ‰á Ѝ਍⩊â
                          Tá * „à Zá š«Šâÿ ÊãdPOâPÅãFà‰âÉã`‰à
                          ‰à\6é Vá\)éûÿÿŠ`IàЍàH ëœ Oâ €à ð á 0ã
                          °‹à ÀŒà ‚à 0ƒà ›å à‹ä [áúÿÿ: ã ‚ä ‚ä ‚ä ‚ä Ráùÿÿ: á
                           á(â0 áì ë- ëü ë ã á áð á|  H 0 H  H ãÿG èÿG H 0H ð ã0 〠ê? ãî7î€ ãî0îî ã0îî ãšîîîî- €ã
                          €ãî ãîîð á? ãî€ ãîî ãî ãîî
                          €ã ãîîð á9Dâÿ0Ãã?<Ãã á ™ á ™ ᢉâ ãã)ƒâ Qá #
                          Qá Á#€äâ 0á÷ÿÿ ãã á"* ááƒà€äâ €åð áÀ ááÿÿë ãšîîî
                          €ã0 €ã- ë ãî ð áÀ á‘¿î ãÓÿÿ ãšî ãîÀã
                          €ã< €ã € à?îî ã•î ð áÀ áÀÿÿë ãîšîîî
                          €ã ë ãî ð áÀ á´ÿÿë ãîî0 ã ë ãî ð á
                          €ã àã?îî ê ð ãîî ðNàÀâŸî œå œå !à áðŒ ÀŒâøÿÿê VAàÿÿÿ‚ ê êð á p A þøÿ ê~ êð á

Comment

bigbow64, it's defenitely wrong image. As it starts with KRNL it's either boot.img, recovery.img or kernel

Comment

Originally posted by fazerg View Post
                              bigbow64, it's defenitely wrong image. As it starts with KRNL it's either boot.img, recovery.img or kernel
                              i have followed Bob instructions and put a 0 at START and a 2 in COUNT export the image and according to those instructions it should be the parameter file details?

can you point me to the right location of the parameter file?
                              thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by bigbow64 View Post
                                i have followed Bob instructions and put a 0 at START and a 2 in COUNT export the image and according to those instructions it should be the parameter file details?

can you point me to the right location of the parameter file?
                                thanks again

If You Are Familiar With adb Shell

You Can Get Partition details with "cat /proc/cmdline"

you will get result like this

Code:
                                console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00130
                                000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),[email protected](kernel
                                ),[email protected](boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected]
                                00(backup),[email protected](cache),[email protected]00(userdata),0x000020
                                [email protected](kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](user) bootver=2
                                013-11-29#2.08 firmware_ver=4.1.1

or Try this on androidtool

0x00000 at start and 0x00200 for count

Comment

Working...
                                X