• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whocares View Post
    If You Are Familiar With adb Shell

You Can Get Partition details with "cat /proc/cmdline"

you will get result like this

Code:
    console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00130
    000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),[email protected](kernel
    ),[email protected](boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected]
    00(backup),[email protected](cache),[email protected](userdata),0x000020
    [email protected](kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](user) bootver=2
    013-11-29#2.08 firmware_ver=4.1.1

or Try this on androidtool

0x00000 at start and 0x00200 for count

I will give it a try later
    thanks

Comment

Bob's instructions are a shortcut, and it appears that something has added an offset value. You are in the Advanced Function, ExportImage menu of the Android Tool v.2.1? Try entering the complete start value of 0x00000000 and count 0x00000200. Then examine the Output folder for ExportImage.img
      MK808 w/Omegamoon kernel, CWM recovery, & Finless 1.7 ROM

Comment

Another thought comes to mind, that you might be overwriting ExportImage.img with your next dump attempt. You need to save each dump by renaming ExportImage.img to your particular dump. The 0 start, 2 count dump should be renamed parameter.img before you open it with Notepad, and saved as parameter.txt after editing.

Comment

Originally posted by exglynco View Post
          Another thought comes to mind, that you might be overwriting ExportImage.img with your next dump attempt. You need to save each dump by renaming ExportImage.img to your particular dump. The 0 start, 2 count dump should be renamed parameter.img before you open it with Notepad, and saved as parameter.txt after editing.
          Hi Guys
          Tried both 0x00000000 start and 0x00000200 count ..... also 0x00000 start and 0x000200 count still no joy... just got a larger file 256kb of more coding .... similar to previous posted.... i can extract fine,,, just not getting the parameter info.

i have t_rk42 3188 with wasser custom rom 1.2.3 if it helps. i will post if anyone wants a look ?

Comment

It should be 2 I guess as it's number of blocks of 512 bytes and two of them more then enough to get required information. Is your tablet in bootloader mode when you doing this? Not tried myself but probably program will respond to such things in normal mode just dump a bit wrong things as visible addresses will be differnet.
            Have you tried cat /proc/cmdline from adb shell?

Comment

Originally posted by fazerg View Post
              It should be 2 I guess as it's number of blocks of 512 bytes and two of them more then enough to get required information. Is your tablet in bootloader mode when you doing this? Not tried myself but probably program will respond to such things in normal mode just dump a bit wrong things as visible addresses will be differnet.
              Have you tried cat /proc/cmdline from adb shell?
              No My friend ....i am using windows 7 i believe i have to go into adb tools which i will look at shortly.

Comment

All you need for adb in Win 7 is coming in bundle with RKbatchTool in separate folder. There are adb drivers, program adn batch script to make life of windows users a bit easier. Just install drivers, go to that adb folder adn run starthere.bat. Once in command prompt type first
                Code:
                adb  devices
                # to be sure that your device is recognised
                Then
                Code:
                adb shell
                Then once in adb shell prompt
                Code:
                cat /proc/cmdline

Comment

Originally posted by bigbow64 View Post
                  No My friend ....i am using windows 7 i believe i have to go into adb tools which i will look at shortly.

tried this have error cant find device under windows... it does not install the correct driver for ADB TOOLS... in windows ... flash and dump tool works fine and finds the rockchip device... cant understand why it wont find the parameter partition details

Comment

It's strange for me too. What type of devise flashing utility recognises? This is in the bottom string of the window in huge font. Asking because if it recognises device in normal operation mode there should be used the same drivers as for adb. If it able to see device in bootloader only you need to install drivers then. Just connect working device to windows and install drivers after that.

Comment

It's strange for me too. What type of devise flashing utility recognises? This is in the bottom string of the window in huge font. Asking because if it recognises device in normal operation mode there should be used the same drivers as for adb. If it able to see device in bootloader only you need to install drivers then. Just connect working device to windows and install drivers after that.
                      The funny thing is ...Moborobo works well using the windows adb device driver in windows.. but adb tools cannot find the device.... strange... well just have to keep trying...

Comment

Just playing now with Linux tool embedded in KitKat sources and found that if I read 2 first sectors got a crap.
                        However, while reading 2 LBA got exactly what expected to be in parameter...
                        bigbow64, probably it worth a try to tick the LBA box in the program while you reading parameter?

Comment

Just playing now with Linux tool embedded in KitKat sources and found that if I read 2 first sectors got a crap.
                          However, while reading 2 LBA got exactly what expected to be in parameter...
                          bigbow64, probably it worth a try to tick the LBA box in the program while you reading parameter?
                          Thanks for the reply... tried still no joy..... started to wonder if its an issue with the firmware Now!

Comment

Ok success... in the short term

i Managed to extract parameter file from a duplicate box t_r42 without it being load with apps or xbmc data ...basically it a basic wasser 1.2.3 loaded firmware. However as i previously mentioned it may be the firmware which seems to have a corrupt parameter file but the box is running smoothly.. is there anything i can do to try to repair the parameter file like maybe re-flashing etc or is there another way to dump the file?

Comment

Glad to hear you got the parameter file. I don't have a T-R42 device, nor the Wasser ROM. I did download that ROM, and see he created a single img file instead of separate misc, boot, recovery, kernel, etc. img files. I suspect that's the reason your partition.img isn't located where we expect it to be. A reflash is probably a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbow64 View Post
                                Thanks for the reply... tried still no joy..... started to wonder if its an issue with the firmware Now!
                                If adb Is Not Working In Windows,

You Can Use "Putty" To Connect To Box Using "SSH" (or any other ssh server) Installed and Running on Box.

Can Do A Try...

Comment

Working...
                                X