X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...USB Debug is on but still no joy on rockfish install

Originally posted by fazerg View Post
    Probably you just need to turn on USB debugging in settings/developer area. You'll have Windows trying to install drivers after that and hopefully correct ones.
    The tablet should be on to be visible by ADB and as MSC device by this software.
    Tablet should be in normal mode and you can switch it into loader mode either from this tool clicking on 'switch' button or from ADB console using adb reboot bootloader command. It's possible to switch into loader mode from turned off tablet. Then you'll need to connect turned off tablet via USB 2.0 (this is importatnt!) and use some keys combination on the tablet. This combination depends on model, so I can't help with it. On Pipo tablets it's 'Esc'+'Power'
    Alright...I have tried turning USB Debugging on and off...I have tried turning USB storage on and off...still no joy on getting the rockfish dvrs to install and the tool still cannot find the tablet????

It has to be something stupid I am missing?!?!?

Comment

more info

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Alright...I have tried turning USB Debugging on and off...I have tried turning USB storage on and off...still no joy on getting the rockfish dvrs to install and the tool still cannot find the tablet????

It has to be something stupid I am missing?!?!?
      Switched "Connected as:" to "Media Device"

got an error MTP USB device FAILED on install (on PC)
      "This Device Cannot Start" in device manager.
      got "process.media has stopped"..?? on tablet.

Comment

Just a thought

Switched "Connected as:" to "Media Device"

got an error MTP USB device FAILED on install (on PC)
        "This Device Cannot Start" in device manager.
        got "process.media has stopped"..?? on tablet.
        Could my problems be related to the "mod" that I flash onto this before?

I have to go eat diner...I will check the other tablet when I get back to this.

Thanks for all of your help so far.

Comment

It should not be connected as MTP, should be as mass storage. But it might be not an user selectable option on some devices.

And stupid question from my side. Is it actually Rockchip tablet? There is very little information on the web

Comment

Rockfish???

It should not be connected as MTP, should be as mass storage. But it might be not an user selectable option on some devices.

And stupid question from my side. Is it actually Rockchip tablet? There is very little information on the web
            I a not sure if it is or not...How would I find out?

I plugged in he "good" tablet and t got the same errors on MTP.

Windows error "This device cannot start (Code 10)"

Is there another software available to try that can pull the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbow64 View Post
              Hi Guys
              After further exploring i have found a little more, that at present i don't know if there's an answer too.

after trying all suggested here which have failed in getting me to get a parameter reading from my box. I have a T-R42 box which i have flashed with both wasser 1.2.3 and lewy v2.0.4 android 4.2.2 firmware and both have failed to provide me with a parameter file once all APPS and XBMC have been installed.

however i can obtain the param file prior to install of apps on wasser 1.2.3 but not on lewy 2.0.4..
              my conclusion seems i doubt it these firmwares can be backed up with this tool due to the parameter file being corrupted.. if any one has success with this box type and firmware.. let us know.. thanks to all for your replies.
              FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK PERFECTLY

THE ONLY FIRMWARE FOR THE T-R42 / K-R42 THAT WORKS IS THE LATEST WASSER 1.2.4 VERSION.
              I manage to successfully extract the parameter file using this firmware only.. and loaded fully with an array of apps including the precious XBMC.

Now tomorrow i will try to fully extract all partitions and backup and reflash...

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT THE WELL WAS DRY!

Comment

Windows error "This device cannot start (Code 10)"
                Tha means just drivers were forced installed for device windows unable to detect.

You should get "Android Composite ADB Interface" first and that should mean everything OK with ADB. Try to download Google ADB drivers and reinstall them in place of what windows detected. But do not force install. Just choose manual installation and point to correct drivers.

Once again. has this Paranoid tablet a RockChip SoC? If not, this software will be useless for you

Comment

???

Tha means just drivers were forced installed for device windows unable to detect.

You should get "Android Composite ADB Interface" first and that should mean everything OK with ADB. Try to download Google ADB drivers and reinstall them in place of what windows detected. But do not force install. Just choose manual installation and point to correct drivers.

Once again. has this Paranoid tablet a RockChip SoC? If not, this software will be useless for you
                  How would I know?

It shows: SOC Chip: Super dual core A20

I do have "Android Composite ADB Interface"

Comment

Just want to add my two cents to your discussion.
                    This tablet isn't Rockchip based. It has all winner A20 inside.
                    CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                    CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                    K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

All Winner A20

Originally posted by digger View Post
                      Just want to add my two cents to your discussion.
                      This tablet isn't Rockchip based. It has all winner A20 inside.
                      So...How do I work with All Winner A20 to pull the firmware?

Why o they make this so complicated?

Comment

Sorry, but I don't know anything about All winer chips, I'm "Rockchip's" fun.
                        I think you can find out something http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay...laroid-Tablets

At least drivers for your tablet here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-S10-gt-TUT-lt
                        CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                        CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                        K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Search ALwinner threads, not necessary Polaroid only.

Comment

Search ALwinner threads, not necessary Polaroid only.
                            Thanks guy...

Comment

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK PERFECTLY

THE ONLY FIRMWARE FOR THE T-R42 / K-R42 THAT WORKS IS THE LATEST WASSER 1.2.4 VERSION.
                              I manage to successfully extract the parameter file using this firmware only.. and loaded fully with an array of apps including the precious XBMC.

Now tomorrow i will try to fully extract all partitions and backup and reflash...

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT THE WELL WAS DRY!

Well short lived.... managed to extract all files but unable to reflash... DOWNLOAD ERROR after 10mins of loading any suggestions?

Comment

Well short lived.... managed to extract all files but unable to reflash... DOWNLOAD ERROR after 10mins of loading any suggestions?
                                Your flashing with the 1.37 tool not the 2.1 tool correct?

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X