Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mxcoinc, check once again if the same start addresses are used in flashing tool table. I've just opened the version I have, and never had used. The ROM_Dumper_Tool has all addresses set to 0 and ROM_Flash_Tool_137 has also all addresses not corresponding to RK3188 standard parameter file i.e. real partitions.

Partition size for boot set to 16 MB probably to make space for embedded kernel in some versions of stock ROMs. In such case it has priority over standalone kernel and flashing customized overcklocked kernel will have no effect.

Comment

Also read my readme! If your flashing back user areas you will get a download failed. In the readme I explain that and how to get around it.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by fazerg View Post
        mxcoinc, check once again if the same start addresses are used in flashing tool table. I've just opened the version I have, and never had used. The ROM_Dumper_Tool has all addresses set to 0 and ROM_Flash_Tool_137 has also all addresses not corresponding to RK3188 standard parameter file i.e. real partitions.

Partition size for boot set to 16 MB probably to make space for embedded kernel in some versions of stock ROMs. In such case it has priority over standalone kernel and flashing customized overcklocked kernel will have no effect.
        I use the tools preconfigured OUTPUT folder that houses all the flash files. The flash tool updates to the correct locations using the parameter files. So, I don't have problem there.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Also read my readme! If your flashing back user areas you will get a download failed. In the readme I explain that and how to get around it.

Bob
          I'm not flashing back to user areas. I'll look over the readme one more time, to see the "how to get around it"

Thanks!

Comment

If your not flashing user areas then maybe your dump for some partition was not right e.g. too big.
            Try flashing each piece one at a time and see which one gives the error.

Bob

Comment

Backing up your RK device (ROM) with the new RK 2.1 tool

Hi Bob,

First want to say thank you very much, actually I used your Backing (ROM) RK 2.1 tool and successfully made a backup from one of my friend here with same unit that i have. Skypad S73 and already flash my brick unit.

I followed your readme instructions one by one and now i have my backup rom started from parameter.txt to user.img and it worked 100% download the image files to my skypad s73.

Again thank you for your usual support.

Comment

Your welcome! Glad I could help.

Bob

Comment

hello..

so heres my thing..

I bought a CS968 & flashed it with a 1080 rom i found on these forums but my wifi & bluetooth are both not working..

I have bought another unit & it is right here beside me..

what I hope to accomplish is obviously get the drivers..

my question is this..

can i dump the sys image from the stock & flash that one? would that be where the wifi & bluetooth is located?

Comment

Yes this should work.
                    Worst case is the dump you make can be handled by a Dev to make a flashable ROM. Just make sure you dump it properly! So no reefer while your doing it

Bob

Comment

reeferless dump complete...

alrighty.. thanks for the quick reply..

i think i have all my ducks in a row..

& I was thinking about uploading the stock rom to mega or whatever so the good folks here can have access to it..

Comment

Thanks Bob, you're awesome

Comment

Parameter report

Thanks Bob

I finally stumbled upon this thread, followed your instruction & I think I finally managed to get a full backup of my ROM
                          I can finally try some of your ROMs

one question though, my parameter file reads as follows:
                          FIRMWARE_VER:4.1.1
                          MACHINE_MODEL:rk30sdk
                          MACHINE_ID:007
                          MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
                          MAGIC: 0x5041524B
                          ATAG: 0x60000800
                          MACHINE: 3066
                          CHECK_MASK: 0x80

Does the above mean that the stick is a 3066 chip device with android 4.1.1 installed??

Comment

That isn't necessarily the case. I've even seen KitKat ROM's with these settings in the parameter files. It appears that the header is just there for looks, and all that matters are the partition numbers. I guess the developers aren't taking the time to update the cosmetic details.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              That isn't necessarily the case. I've even seen KitKat ROM's with these settings in the parameter files. It appears that the header is just there for looks, and all that matters are the partition numbers. I guess the developers aren't taking the time to update the cosmetic details.
                              That's reassuring in a way I guess but makes me wonder if most images circulating around are dumped from a device with same specs?
                              Otherwise why would different android OS builds share reference to same device & more specifically same chipset?
                              weird .... considering it's a new ROM used for 3188 & got nothing to do with 3066

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                If your not flashing user areas then maybe your dump for some partition was not right e.g. too big.
                                Try flashing each piece one at a time and see which one gives the error.

Bob
                                I finally got the file DUMP correctly on my UG320. I also got the DUMP working correctly with my UT1 running wasser 1.2.5 rom. I have this issue though. After flashing a DUMP either to my UG320 or Ugoos UT1 successfully I have this situation where the NAND partition can not be mounted. It will say "Blank Internal Flash"

The internal storage shows up find and shows total space of 1.97GB but the NAND Flash can not be mounted. I tried reflashing and I get the same problem. I tried a reDUMP and flash again and still same situation. However, when I flash Wasser 1.2.5 rom back into the box all the memory comes up OK.

Any ideas or solution? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X