This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm interested to try it thank you for the work

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Just in case you're interested:

Already integrated another small feature into my tool:

now you can drag a 'parameter.txt' file onto the tool and it will check if the according partition-image-files are available and if at least one of them is you get the option to create a new set of configuration-files for the rockchip 'AndroidTool'

The 'problem' with the configuration files is: I need to use the full-path to the image-files but in case you move your backup to another directory the config files are not valid anymore.
      With the new feature it's easy to create new ones

the new version is 0.91 now

Comment

Very nice instruction! Good job!
        Thanks!

Comment

is there a backup tool for amlogic/M8 devices? I would like to create an image of my whole android build and be able to restore everything in 1 shot onto a new box just incase mine goes bad

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
            is there a backup tool for amlogic/M8 devices? I would like to create an image of my whole android build and be able to restore everything in 1 shot onto a new box just incase mine goes bad
            Not at this time. It can be done manually IF all the partitions are known to Android. Lately the newer kernels have not been compiled to show (or make available) all partitions. e.g. they are hiding them. SO this makes it difficult to dump them if you cant mount them first or get at them from /MTD or /dev/block.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Automatic procedure

Greate Tool,
              I tried it on cx-919 and it works funtastic.
              is there an option to run it with a command line?
              I would like an automatic tool that will create all the backup files.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Greate Tool,
                I tried it on cx-919 and it works funtastic.
                is there an option to run it with a command line?
                I would like an automatic tool that will create all the backup files.
                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post167638

Comment

It's impossible to backup userdata and flash it with this tool for
                  CS918 EKB311B with Toshiba Nand Chip.

If anyone has a solution please tell me.

A complete dump is 8GB
                  But the split images only add up to 7.94GB and userdata never gets flashed.

With RK3066 TV Stick my complete dump is 8GB
                  and the split images add up to 8GB.
                  It has a Samsung Nand Chip.

Comment

@mo123:

The only explanation I've found for the difference between 8GB dumpsize and 7,94gb split-file-size are gaps between your partitions.

Please try my updated tool to split your image - in case there are gaps they are displayed now.

And it would help if you could upload your parameter file so I can take a look at it.

Maybe this gap - in case there is one - is also the reason of your restore problems... in this case all we need to do is to change your parameter file so that the gaps between partitions are removed

Comment

Originally posted by nalor View Post
                      @mo123:

The only explanation I've found for the difference between 8GB dumpsize and 7,94gb split-file-size are gaps between your partitions.

Please try my updated tool to split your image - in case there are gaps they are displayed now.

And it would help if you could upload your parameter file so I can take a look at it.

Maybe this gap - in case there is one - is also the reason of your restore problems... in this case all we need to do is to change your parameter file so that the gaps between partitions are removed
                      Replied here
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post174623

Comment

rkDumpSlicer

rkDumpSlicer
                        RockChip firmware dump slicer to obtain flashable backup

Version 0.95 Windows

1) Download and unpack AndroidTool v.2.1 + rkDumpSlicer
                        2) Run AndroidTool 2.1
                        3) Get the "parameter" file (put a 0 in the "start" box and a 2 in the "count" at "advance functions" tab and press the "export image" button).
                        4) Open file ExportImage.img in any text editor (except MS Word).
                        5) Find line "CMDLINE:....bla-bla-bla"
                        6) Find last data in "mtdparts=rk29xxnand:" parameter (something like "[email protected](user)")
                        Value "0x005AE000" is count of blocks
                        7) Put a 0 in the "start" box and value from previous point in the "count".
                        8) Press the "export image" button.
                        9) Run "rkDumpSlicer.exe ExportImage.img"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2749082

Comment

dump less then rom size

How to create dump less then 8Gb for rk3188.
                          I try to flash rom linuxium firmware. Address of the system is 0x12000. Should I simply change the system address?

Comment

@crastinus: honestly I've no idea what your question really is...

In the 'AndroidTool 2.1' that allows to dump your flash-memory you need to specify a start address and the number of sectors you want to dump.

Usually 1sector=512bytes

So when you say your system starts at 0x12000 than insert this value as start-address and next you need to calculate the number of sectors you'd like to dump - so take the size of your system partition in bytes, divide by 512 and the result is the sector count....

And in case my answer is completely off topic please be more specific with your question

Comment

Originally posted by nalor View Post
                              So when you say your system starts at 0x12000 than insert this value as start-address and next you need to calculate the number of sectors you'd like to dump - so take the size of your system partition in bytes, divide by 512 and the result is the sector count.... And in case my answer is completely off topic please be more specific with your question
                              Yes, i need to backup device. But rom size is 8Gb. I need 2.5 Gb or some. If i flash original firmware on address more then 0x12000 device is loaded (0xA00000 for example)? It is all what need to know

Comment

Originally posted by RedScorpio View Post
                                rkDumpSlicer
                                RockChip firmware dump slicer to obtain flashable backup

Version 0.95 Windows

1) Download and unpack AndroidTool v.2.1 + rkDumpSlicer
                                2) Run AndroidTool 2.1
                                3) Get the "parameter" file (put a 0 in the "start" box and a 2 in the "count" at "advance functions" tab and press the "export image" button).
                                4) Open file ExportImage.img in any text editor (except MS Word).
                                5) Find line "CMDLINE:....bla-bla-bla"
                                6) Find last data in "mtdparts=rk29xxnand:" parameter (something like "[email protected](user)")
                                Value "0x005AE000" is count of blocks
                                7) Put a 0 in the "start" box and value from previous point in the "count".
                                8) Press the "export image" button.
                                9) Run "rkDumpSlicer.exe ExportImage.img"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2749082
                                I am trying to decipher your instructions in order to create the "Flashable Backup".

I am want to assume steps 1 thru 8 are based on the original (exellent) instructions provided by Finless; and should produce a complete "Dump" using AndroidTool 2.1 with each "ExportImage.img" being renamed to its proper name, i.e. boot.img, system.img, parameter.txt, etc, etc.
                                Now about step 9. What do you mean, Run "rkDumpSlicer.exe ExportImage.img"?

Please amplify.

Comment

Working...
                                X