This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMLogic ROM Building Tips and Tricks by Finless

OK, since I am into AMLogic pretty heavily now, time to make a thread to give tips on how to mod AML ROMs.

This is just a place holder for now but I will be adding to it.

Other AML dev's FEEL FREE to post and add.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Hi Finless, Rozak work on ROM ONDA V975M for amlogic AML-M802, you could perhaps work with ..

Another person who nome scibee, to created TWRP RECOVERY, for amlogic AML-M802 which works very well.

Link : http://www.ondaforum.com/forum/7-cus...or-onda-v975m/

Link TWRP RECOVERY : http://www.ondaforum.com/topic/231-twrp-recovery/

I apologize in advance, if you not been interested in about.

Comment

I'm curious. What kitchen do you use for Amlogic roms?

Comment

Amlogic roms in zip format doesn't generally need a kitchen, except the generic split_bootimg to edit the ramdisk of the kernel if the system is ext4 (or the uimage-unpack.sh script that is around there for uImage ubifs format) Just extract the zip, make changes, recreate the zip and sign it so that Amlogic Recovery recognize the new firm (at least in mx and m3 was like that). With CWM this last step is not even necessary.

You may also want to edit factory_update_param.aml to tell recovery what to wipe and to install if you want an automatic installation, and make sure you edit updater-script assigning permissions to the things you add it, like init.d scrips for instance.

Comment

I am trying to sign an X8 firmware update.zip but it seems not to work with general signing.
          Been bussy at it over 12 hours now :S

I keep getting:
          E: footer is wrong
          E: signature verification failed

and no i dont want to use CWM or any other recovery.
          I am trying to update the original Fw through the original recovery.

Probably i am doing something teribly wrong but cant figure it out

Any ideas?

Best regards,
          Martin

Comment

Originally posted by HardwareGuru View Post
            I am trying to sign an X8 firmware update.zip but it seems not to work with general signing.
            Been bussy at it over 12 hours now :S

I keep getting:
            E: footer is wrong
            E: signature verification failed

and no i dont want to use CWM or any other recovery.
            I am trying to update the original Fw through the original recovery.

Probably i am doing something teribly wrong but cant figure it out

Any ideas?

Best regards,
            Martin
            Probably is the signing method (though not sure about the footer error). I will upload later when I get home what I used to sign amlogic mx and m3 updates. Not sure if that will work though in m8, because I don't have a m8 device yet.

Edit: This is what I used:
            http://dragondevs.com/index.php/topi...ezip-packages/

I will upload you my files anyway when I get home if you wanna try

Edit 2: here are the files I use for MX/m3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utnqtfsfcg0uwtk/signer.zip
            Last edited by skelton; 06-11-2014, 10:18.

Comment

I've been trying to change the bootanimation.zip. I created my PNG sequence, entered the correct desc.txt but after I flash the rom, it just stops working at the boot screen image. After that the box goes black. Is is not as simple as replacing the zip file?

A second thing I've been trying to do it put some APK's into /data/app and have them at removable apps. The system skips right over them and doesn't install a thing. Is there a file I have to edit to start the install process? Thanks!

Comment

Does anyone have a testkey.pk8 work with amlogic s802?

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid_r View Post
                  I've been trying to change the bootanimation.zip. I created my PNG sequence, entered the correct desc.txt but after I flash the rom, it just stops working at the boot screen image. After that the box goes black. Is is not as simple as replacing the zip file?

A second thing I've been trying to do it put some APK's into /data/app and have them at removable apps. The system skips right over them and doesn't install a thing. Is there a file I have to edit to start the install process? Thanks!
                  Are you setting the right permissions on bootanimation ?
                  root:root and 644

data apk needs to be installed, they won't get installed just by placing them there.
                  This command is usually used to install ' pm install -r apk_name.apk'
                  if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                  then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                  $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by princess of hell View Post
                    Does anyone have a testkey.pk8 work with amlogic s802?
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post191445
                    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Re: AMLogic ROM Building Tips and Tricks by Finless

Originally posted by hybrid_r View Post

When you want to change the boot animation be sure about zip the file sequence with storage only option without compress.
                      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                      My devices:
                      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                      Gearbest.com)
                      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

So, please bear with me as I am very new to ROM building in general and have little experience. I have a few questions about modifying the firmware for the M8 Square Box found here.

Which OS is best for ROM modification. Windows or Linux?

When I unpack the original zip and zip it again without modification and sign it with a tool i found on xda I get the error below(In windows, I used send to zip):

What tool do you guy use? I know Bob has his rom for this box? Can you let me know what you use?

How do I set the permissions on the new apps? Do I have to do this through linux or do I use a tool?

One last question, I want to modify the logo on the boot.img like Bob has done, what tools do I use to do this?

Many thanks, hopefully you guys can help out.

Comment

Your not having a signing error making the zip or it would fail on package verification.

The customized_data.tar error is OK. It is looking for that file to pre-install apps and if it is not there it errors and skips it.

However the wiping cache is an error and I am not sure why you are getting that. It is either an error in the update-script or your box is in some state that it cannot format cache!

As for modding the boot logo that is in logo.img and it is 2 images stacked in there. A 1080 image and a 720 image. The are BMP format. I do it with a hex editor and cut and paste the images in the logo.img.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            Your not having a signing error making the zip or it would fail on package verification.

The customized_data.tar error is OK. It is looking for that file to pre-install apps and if it is not there it errors and skips it.

However the wiping cache is an error and I am not sure why you are getting that. It is either an error in the update-script or your box is in some state that it cannot format cache!

As for modding the boot logo that is in logo.img and it is 2 images stacked in there. A 1080 image and a 720 image. The are BMP format. I do it with a hex editor and cut and paste the images in the logo.img.

Bob
                            Thats strange because I will unpack your finless rom 1.8 zip with 7z in Windows and repack and sign without anything changed and it will throw that error. Any ideas?

I can flash your ROM and stock ROMS without issues before they are modified.

Comment

So something is corrupting the script or something.

For windows use a tool called Update Creator. That works for me in windows.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...it?usp=sharing

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X