Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding Controller and Various HID Support to ROMS Thread.(work in progress)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no experience with Android boxes but I am very capable of following instructions and have a good basic understanding of drivers/software etc when it comes to PCs. Can anybody point me in the right direction to getting a USB wired PS3 controller to work on my "Mini m8spro" S905-based Android TV box (also labelled "T95N"), if that has been worked out yet? It does not register at all when plugged in, as though the device has no idea it is there, but other wired USB peripherals like keyboards work fine. I am guessing this requires some kind of kernel modding/patching. This this my exact model, based on Android 5.1.1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwed9_HHFms

As a bit of further info, I've had no issues getting generic bluetooth gamepads to work, but for quick responsiveness in fast games I prefer wired controllers.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by MetalSlugger; 07-04-2016, 11:45.

Comment

Not sure if this will help you check the device for compatibility and perhaps work with the paid app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ecker&hl=en_GB

Root access is required though.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

wwewwewwe Thank You! Just got the xbox wired controller to work on the nexbox a95x (the original 1gig version). I was so disappointed when I plugged in my controller and it didnt work, no emulators, bumma. But your files and instructions worked! Now my really cheap box was totally worth the cost, lovin it!!
        Last edited by PAEz; 07-18-2016, 04:18.

Comment

[EDIT]

Just in case someone needs a .ko file. Here you go:
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2pqhcgo7m...mepad.zip?dl=0

Last edited by KyleRiemen; 07-27-2016, 03:46.

Comment

Anyone that can post kl files for
            Rii I25 irmouse
            MX3 Airmouse
            Rii Mini H7 &
            Hausbell Mmini i8:

Comment

Hi everyone. I have Beelink MiniMX III (s905, stock firmware) and 2 wireless xbox controllers - 360 and One (first edition). I am trying to connect them wired and can't figure out what am I doing wrong. I have installed both kernel modules according to the instruction and even got my Xbox 360 Wireless Dongle working! The problem is that my device refuses to recognize both controllers connected by the cord, they don't even appear in /proc/bus/input/devices.

Both are visible in lsusb, XB 360 as 045e:028f and XB One as 045e:02d1, but neither of them shows any activity in the events log (getevents -l) nor any log info (logcat) from I/EventHub.

I get this in the log when I connect XB 360 Wireless Dongle
              http://pastebin.com/NijKSu63

And here what I get when I connect XB One, no EventHub messages as if it's not an input device at all:
              http://pastebin.com/vxf1K69T

Can anyone please give me a clue where to look at to solve this problem? Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1122 View Post
                Hi everyone. I have Beelink MiniMX III (s905, stock firmware) and 2 wireless xbox controllers - 360 and One (first edition). I am trying to connect them wired and can't figure out what am I doing wrong. I have installed both kernel modules according to the instruction and even got my Xbox 360 Wireless Dongle working! The problem is that my device refuses to recognize both controllers connected by the cord, they don't even appear in /proc/bus/input/devices.

Both are visible in lsusb, XB 360 as 045e:028f and XB One as 045e:02d1, but neither of them shows any activity in the events log (getevents -l) nor any log info (logcat) from I/EventHub.

I get this in the log when I connect XB 360 Wireless Dongle
                http://pastebin.com/NijKSu63

And here what I get when I connect XB One, no EventHub messages as if it's not an input device at all:
                http://pastebin.com/vxf1K69T

Can anyone please give me a clue where to look at to solve this problem? Thank you very much.
                Hey,

I have a T95N as well..and would like to use my xbox or ps3 (via USB) wired controllers on it (which currently do nothing when plugged in). I was also going to try the instructions listed in this post, but after seeing that it did not work, I am hesitant to mess with it. Can anyone elaborate on what was done incorrectly here, and what can be done to remedy the issue, so that I too can follow such instruction.

Thanks! ^_^

Comment

Would it be possible to compile hid-sony.c directly on my android box? Alternatively, does anyone have a hid-sony.ko compatible with s905 boxes?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comment

Let´s see what we can find for you ;-)

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                      Let´s see what we can find for you ;-)

Neomode
                      Wow. Thanks for the quick reply! I really appreciate it, cuz I've looked all over, but none of the files I've found match the architecture.

Comment

*figured everything out* - ignore this post
                        Last edited by darro87; 10-04-2016, 18:52.

Comment

Hey,

I compiled my own hid-sony.ko using the method outlined in this thread, but when i run insmod it freezes my android box. Does anyone have any solution/reasoning for this?

Thanks.
                          Last edited by darro87; 10-04-2016, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalSlugger View Post
                            I have no experience with Android boxes but I am very capable of following instructions and have a good basic understanding of drivers/software etc when it comes to PCs. Can anybody point me in the right direction to getting a USB wired PS3 controller to work on my "Mini m8spro" S905-based Android TV box (also labelled "T95N"), if that has been worked out yet? It does not register at all when plugged in, as though the device has no idea it is there, but other wired USB peripherals like keyboards work fine. I am guessing this requires some kind of kernel modding/patching. This this my exact model, based on Android 5.1.1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwed9_HHFms

As a bit of further info, I've had no issues getting generic bluetooth gamepads to work, but for quick responsiveness in fast games I prefer wired controllers.

Thanks for reading!
                            Hey,

I spend the last few days toying with this, not sure if you got through as yet, but in case you haven't...the easiest way is to download the .ko archive from here, which has the files ff-memless.ko and hid-sony.ko. Copy those to your android box, along with this keyfile: Vendor_054c_Product_0268.kl (Right-Click>Save As).

Once you have all 3 files, ensure your box meets the following requirements:
                            * root access on device (I have the same t95n, which came rooted)
                            * busybox installed (free from playstore)
                            * terminal app installed (free from playstore)

Install Keylayout
                            From the terminal app, run:

su
                            mount -o remount rw /system
                            cp Vendor_054c_Product_0268.kl /system/usr/keylayout
                            chmod 644 /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_054c_Product_0268.kl
                            reboot

Insert Module into Kernel
                            From the terminal app, run:

su
                            cd /storage/emulated/legacy/
                            insmod ff-memless.ko
                            insmod hid-sony.ko

Note:
                            ff-memless.ko MUST be inserted first, or you will get an error inserting hid-sony.ko.
                            The above assumes that you have the files in your internal memory storage root directory; if not, you will need to 'cd' into where you have the files.

Once complete, plug in your controller, press the 'PS' button (important!), then it should work.
                            If you reboot your box, you will need to perform the 'Insert Module' step again to re-enable the controller. A fix for this is to download Script Manager - SManager and use it to create a script and run it on boot.

For your convenience, I've added all the files you'll need for the PS3 controller in a zip file below.

This guide should work for any other controller, by simply replacing the kl and ko files with the respective ones for the controller you wish to use.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply Darro87, I no longer need assistance. As it turns out, my joypad did work OK with my box, it just required a very un-intuitive series of reboots, keypresses and re-plugs, low and behold it started working and I have managed to fumble two working pads now. Sorry I didn't update this before! Incidentally, if this is of any interest to anyone, I have since also purchased a super-cheap Scishion V88 Rockchip 3299-based TV box and my pads worked in that instantaneously.

Comment

Soryy if what i m saying is dumb, but if i copy the .kl and .ko files to their respective folder in sys wouldt it work? Or i have to dump, open add and recompile everything up? I mean i m not that tech savvy eventhough i pretty much understand how android works. Thanks for the hlp guys

Comment

Working...
                                X