Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding Controller and Various HID Support to ROMS Thread.(work in progress)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• destructionj
    replied
    Originally posted by wwewwewwe View Post
    Updated xbox 360 wireless driver (xpad) with reassigned scan codes so it does not caused s905 firmware to issue power button on pressing left dpad, This means d-pad scan codes have been altered to prevent firmware conflict and requires the updated keymap to assign new scan codes.

See notes in previous email to test. Use script manager app to auto load modules on boot of android device.
    Thank you for your work, worked great on my xbox360 wired madcatz controller and s905 (M9S Pro 5.1.1 box)

Leave a comment:

• llihp
    replied
    Sorry if this is a commonly asked question, but what is the best way of finding out why your pad isn't working on the device?

I'm trying to use a PS3 dualshock via USB. I've followed the steps of installing the keymap file, rebooted and then ran insmod to install the ff-memless.ko and hid-sony.ko files but my dualshock never connects when i hit the ps3 button on the controller.

Running lsusb from a shell I can see the pad listed (with the correct ID that corresponds to the keymap), so I'm trying to work out what to do next.

Leave a comment:

• gogeta
    replied
    can we add support for these gamepads on android 7 for the amlogic S912 chipset

https://www.amazon.com/iNNEXT-Ninten.../dp/B01N7ANDLC

heres all the info on them

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0079:0011 DragonRise Inc. Gamepad
    Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength 18
    bDescriptorType 1
    bcdUSB 1.00
    bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
    bDeviceSubClass 0
    bDeviceProtocol 0
    bMaxPacketSize0 8
    idVendor 0x0079 DragonRise Inc.
    idProduct 0x0011 Gamepad
    bcdDevice 1.06
    iManufacturer 0
    iProduct 2
    iSerial 0
    bNumConfigurations 1
    Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 2
    wTotalLength 34
    bNumInterfaces 1
    bConfigurationValue 1
    iConfiguration 0
    bmAttributes 0x80
    (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower 100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 4
    bInterfaceNumber 0
    bAlternateSetting 0
    bNumEndpoints 1
    bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Device
    bInterfaceSubClass 0 No Subclass
    bInterfaceProtocol 0 None
    iInterface 0
    HID Device Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 33
    bcdHID 1.10
    bCountryCode 33 US
    bNumDescriptors 1
    bDescriptorType 34 Report
    wDescriptorLength 101
    Report Descriptors:
    ** UNAVAILABLE **
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
    bmAttributes 3
    Transfer Type Interrupt
    Synch Type None
    Usage Type Data
    wMaxPacketSize 0x0008 1x 8 bytes
    bInterval 10
    Last edited by gogeta; 12-02-2017, 01:17.

Leave a comment:

• vlaryg
    replied
    Hello, I have Amlogic S905x TV Box with built-in bluetooth.
    Also I have bluetooth keyboard with VID 05AC and PID 0239.
    Also I see file Vendor_05ac_Product_0239.kl in /system/usr/keylayout/
    Keyboard discovers and connects fine, but not working.
    KeyTest shows no scancodes or other reaction from keys.
    I suppose that my TV Box misses some *.ko modules, but which?

Leave a comment:

• Matt_E
    replied
    Hello. Does anybody's have any idea where I could find the module hid-xinmo.ko. I wonder why they decided not to include the controller modules in the firmwares for these boxes

Leave a comment:

• Zefrem23
    replied
    I've just bought an MXQ Pro 4K Android TV box. I believe it has an S905 board. As it doesn't come with a Bluetooth radio I'm hoping I can get my XBox 360 wireless controller working with it. I've never recompiled a linux kernel but I've experience enough to follow instructions. Can someone who's managed to get their XBox 360 wireless pad to work on the MXQ Pro 4K possibly help me with the steps I need to take to get the controller working for games and RetroArch?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Shadethinker
    replied
    First of all, thanks for the tips. I could get my "DragonRise Inc." working!

But... can't load "ff-memless.ko" from any source i've downloaded (get "exec format error" message).
    Can someone upload one that works?

My specs:
    Nexbox A95X-B7N
    Amlogic S905X / 1G / 8G
    Android 6.0
    Last edited by Shadethinker; 03-03-2017, 19:31.

Leave a comment:

• makeamil
    replied
    Has anyone tried the original Logitech Rumblepad? I see Rumblepad 2 is here but I'm curious if the first one works with android

Leave a comment:

• darro87
    replied
    Originally posted by Hez13 View Post
    My ps2 usb controller is not working on my android box but when i use it on libreelec on the same box it works. How can i use it on the android os? I have a nexbox a95x s905x

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    Hey,

Sounds like libreelec has the driver installed, but your android build doesn't. You'll need to figure out what ko file works with your controller (may be sony.ko if you're using an official Sony controller, if not you'll need to search for the manufacturer via the Product and Vendor IDs then match them to the correct ko file). Once you have the right file, the rest of the instructions should easily found in this thread.

Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• Hez13
    replied
    My ps2 usb controller is not working on my android box but when i use it on libreelec on the same box it works. How can i use it on the android os? I have a nexbox a95x s905x

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• darro87
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmays View Post

I've spent a few hours looking for a solution for this. Can you give me a quick rundown of how to install the modules you've included? I've installed the .kl file in the keylayouts folder, but I'm not familiar with .ko files and how to properly set them up in an auto-loading script. If you could give me some help, I'd appreciate it!
    Hey,

See: http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...704#post601704

And: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...102#post621102

Let me know if you need any more help.

Leave a comment:

• scottmays
    replied
    Originally posted by wwewwewwe View Post
    Updated xbox 360 wireless driver (xpad) with reassigned scan codes so it does not caused s905 firmware to issue power button on pressing left dpad, This means d-pad scan codes have been altered to prevent firmware conflict and requires the updated keymap to assign new scan codes.

See notes in previous email to test. Use script manager app to auto load modules on boot of android device.
    I've spent a few hours looking for a solution for this. Can you give me a quick rundown of how to install the modules you've included? I've installed the .kl file in the keylayouts folder, but I'm not familiar with .ko files and how to properly set them up in an auto-loading script. If you could give me some help, I'd appreciate it!
    Last edited by scottmays; 01-12-2017, 01:06.

Leave a comment:

• flomuson
    replied
    Hello all,

I'm very interested because I'm looking for a image for S905X with touchscreen built in... If you are success to compile kernel, could you do a img file and share it, please ?

thanks,

Leave a comment:

• JMBO
    replied
    Originally posted by neomode View Post
    Let me look what happens maybe I get it here also.
    Thanks A LOT for your help neomode, I really appreciate !
    It will really be Christmas for me if we can get that **** touch screen to work with the X96 (s905x 2G/16G) box :-)
    Thanks to keep me in touch about your findings. Maybe I'm not doing the modprobe correctly, but the command seems quite straightforward

JM

Leave a comment:

• hds2007
    replied
    Hi neomode, sorry to bother you. There is any chance you make the hid-dr.ko for the mxq pro 4k tb box (amlogic s905 and kernel 3.14.29). I tried looking for it in all the forums around the web with no luck. In adition, i tried to compile it by myself but i had no luck either. I would apreciate a lot if you have it. Thanks and excuse me for my bad english, it is not my main language.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X