• Show
Clear All

This tool does not support systems above 7.1

Comment

Originally posted by 251643711 View Post
      This tool does not support systems above 7.1
      No, only Kitkat to Marshmallow.

Comment

Do you have any package unpacking tools for system 7.1?

Comment

Do you have any package unpacking tools for system 7.1?
          You can use Linux, but most Nougat firmware can't be mounted.

Comment

Thank you. I've already got 3328 of the DTS HD, but I don't know that my system is having problems. After the shutdown, the box will be cut off directly, so the power source must be re inserted.

Comment

Thank you. I've already got 3328 of the DTS HD, but I don't know that my system is having problems. After the shutdown, the box will be cut off directly, so the power source must be re inserted.
              You must then use sleep or suspend mode instead of power off.
              The ir remote can't power on again if the device is completely shutdown, only when it is in sleep mode.
              Check if you can long press the power button to show a menu or press the power icon in your navigation bar at the bottom to select sleep.

Comment

Thanks for this tool!
                I have never made a custom rom but recently brought an R-TV X99 box and the software is absolutely terrible (using the rooted software) the display is wrong and you cant see some buttons / menus in some apps so my box is basically unusable. Because of this i wanted to try making a rom for it.

Is this tool compatible with the R-TV X99 ?

Comment

• mo123
                  mo123 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not compatible if it runs Nougat. The tool only works for Lollipop and Marshmallow firmwares.

Originally posted by upgrade View Post
                Thanks for this tool!
                I have never made a custom rom but recently brought an R-TV X99 box and the software is absolutely terrible (using the rooted software) the display is wrong and you cant see some buttons / menus in some apps so my box is basically unusable. Because of this i wanted to try making a rom for it.

Is this tool compatible with the R-TV X99 ?
                Ahh ok! Damn. Thank you for the clarification. Gotta hope that the manufacturers release an update then!

Comment

Hi Can I extract a firmware for the tv box 3229 android 7.1 board? Can I make changes as it places apps and changes the bootanimation and then mounts? thank you .
                  Last edited by deivisonpsy; 10-18-2018, 05:31.

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, the tool was made for Kitkat and Lollipop firmwares. There is too much security in Nougat or newer to make custom firmwares in Windows.

I have also used RK3xxx_firmware_tools_5.99.07.00 it extracts ok but when i try & build by pressing build button i get an error (Uncorrect firmware folder) wherever it is installed ie: C:\RK3xxx etc.

bigo229

Comment

bigo229 Did your read the last comment and the response, before you posted? Tool only works for old Android 5 and older ROMs. If you are trying to modify a stock ROM android-6/7/8/9 then you need to use a Linux OS pc and tools made for usage in terminal.

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX What tools would you suggest to use in Linux terminal to modify a stock ROM android-6/7/8/9 ?, & yes i did read previous comments & responses before posting.

Comment

Working...
                      X