Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm struggling here with my parameter in RKAndroidTool I mean some guy said that I should change it becouse when I want to flash my cube u39gt I got black screen every single time. I replaced kernel, but he said that I need to do something in parameter file and I really don't know what becouse it's my frist time flashing chinese tablet, and yeah I'm noob at it cause it's my first time so I would need some guidance. Rom is RK3188 Odys IRON.

I tried to change

[email protected](userdata) to give 2 gig app space
    [email protected](kpanic) adjusted for the new size of userdata
    [email protected](system) adjusted for new size of userdata and increased size of system

and repeat the procedure but no changes, still black screen.

here is my current parameter that I download with rom

Code:
    FIRMWARE_VER:4.2.2
    MACHINE_MODEL:PIPO S6 by Oma
    MACHINE_ID:007
    MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK
    MAGIC: 0x5041524B
    ATAG: 0x60000800
    MACHINE: 3066
    CHECK_MASK: 0x80
    KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000
    #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
    CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),[email protected](kernel),[email protected](boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected](backup),[email protected](cache),[email protected](userdata),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](user)
    EDIT:
    I found parameter for 8Gb tablets on site, but still having problems.
    Last edited by Thermaltake; 12-21-2014, 21:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Thermaltake View Post
      Hi I'm struggling here with my parameter in RKAndroidTool I mean some guy said that I should change it becouse when I want to flash my cube u39gt I got black screen every single time. I replaced kernel, but he said that I need to do something in parameter file and I really don't know what becouse it's my frist time flashing chinese tablet, and yeah I'm noob at it cause it's my first time so I would need some guidance. Rom is RK3188 Odys IRON.

I tried to change

[email protected](userdata) to give 2 gig app space
      [email protected](kpanic) adjusted for the new size of userdata
      [email protected](system) adjusted for new size of userdata and increased size of system

and repeat the procedure but no changes, still black screen.

here is my current parameter that I download with rom

Code:
      MACHINE_MODEL:PIPO S6 by Oma
      #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0
      CMDLINE:console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),[email protected](kernel),[email protected](boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected](backup),[email protected](cache),[email protected](userdata),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](user)
      EDIT:
      I found parameter for 8Gb tablets on site, but still having problems.
      i used RK_ParamEd to mod parameter and automatically computer the hex size and location easily. if u cant find the app, use this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6997-RK3xxx-Firmware-Tools&highlight=firmware+tools - run the app, click single tools, then ParamEd.

make sure you use images from your device or a compatible/custom rom. dont flash userdata. this is better done on fresh rom install.

thats how i've done it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by wertzPH View Post
        i used RK_ParamEd to mod parameter and automatically computer the hex size and location easily. if u cant find the app, use this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6997-RK3xxx-Firmware-Tools&highlight=firmware+tools - run the app, click single tools, then ParamEd.

make sure you use images from your device or a compatible/custom rom. dont flash userdata. this is better done on fresh rom install.

thats how i've done it anyways.
        Ah I bump into some problems, don't know what it is but every time I flash it looks like everything went okay, but every time I got black screen with lights and screen flickr from time to time and in that half second flick I see CWM, but I can't do anything he disappear too fast.

Comment

Start with a known good ROM for your device, flash this and test it works. If all is good then look at adjusting parameter files.
          900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
            Start with a known good ROM for your device, flash this and test it works. If all is good then look at adjusting parameter files.
            I install stock rom now did the pin trick to restore picture on display, and when I did the process again my display is black after that Run step in RKAndroidTool, and everything went OK no errors, and he is restarting and he entering into CWM, but my screen flickr from time to time and I see that he is in CWM in that half a second when he flicks, but I can't do anything it's too fast to react, I tried pressing buttons all the time, but nothing. I am trying to do pin trick now maybe it will work so I can see display normal like I did when I restore stock rom, but so far no luck.

Comment

I install stock rom now did the pin trick to restore picture on display, and when I did the process again my display is black after that Run step in RKAndroidTool, and everything went OK no errors, and he is restarting and he entering into CWM, but my screen flickr from time to time and I see that he is in CWM in that half a second when he flicks, but I can't do anything it's too fast to react, I tried pressing buttons all the time, but nothing. I am trying to do pin trick now maybe it will work so I can see display normal like I did when I restore stock rom, but so far no luck.

are you using the original img file from your tablet including the original parameter file? did you double-check on androidtool the right image to load on what address? like parameter -> parameter, misc -> misc etc etc?

what does the androidtool detects your device, is it RKLoader found, or Maskrom mode?

Comment

are you using the original img file from your tablet including the original parameter file? did you double-check on androidtool the right image to load on what address? like parameter -> parameter, misc -> misc etc etc?

what does the androidtool detects your device, is it RKLoader found, or Maskrom mode?
                I am using img from folder of that custom ROM that I download plus parameter file that I download from site of that ROM. Yes I click on that blank white box on the left side and set path manually.

There you go pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/5gVGDhM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VlWnZ0I.jpg

here is video too:
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f73cq0eh9...13_01.mp4?dl=0
                Last edited by Thermaltake; 12-22-2014, 11:27.

Comment

I am using img from folder of that custom ROM that I download plus parameter file that I download from site of that ROM. Yes I click on that blank white box on the left side and set path manually.

There you go pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/5gVGDhM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VlWnZ0I.jpg

here is video too:
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f73cq0eh9...13_01.mp4?dl=0
                  ok. seems like the ROM you are trying to use rom that has not been tested on your device U39GT despite having the same soc-RK3188. some things/mod needs to be done i guess before it can work in your device. try asking one of them Crewtablet guys for support on their rom.

Comment

ok. seems like the ROM you are trying to use rom that has not been tested on your device U39GT despite having the same soc-RK3188. some things/mod needs to be done i guess before it can work in your device. try asking one of them Crewtablet guys for support on their rom.
                    Hmm... interesting. Thanks for telling me that. I did ask on their forum but no answer... I even ask creator personally and even tag him on other forum, but no answer.

Comment

Hmm... interesting. Thanks for telling me that. I did ask on their forum but no answer...

Do you maybe gave some suggestion what other rom can I use for my tablet that works or some site that have them mabye ?
                      found one here. http://www.cube-tablet.com/download/

please verify that your downloading the exact rom for your device. hopefully it should work.

after downloading, if its a 1 file .img only, u should use androidbatchtool to flash it.

here is another one, they said its a modified 1.04 from above download but having the win8-ui

http://forum.51cube.com.ua/viewtopic.php?id=51 (link near "U39GT_4.2.2_V1.05_UA_20130913")

Comment

found one here. http://www.cube-tablet.com/download/

please verify that your downloading the exact rom for your device. hopefully it should work.

after downloading, if its a 1 file .img only, u should use androidbatchtool to flash it.
                        But these are stock one I would like to install some custom one based on kitkat if possible.

Comment

with this guide, hopefully i can create a good custom rom for our RK3168 device.

thanks @900supersport

Comment

Sorry to ask to old post, hope someone could give me answers.
                            (1)
                            One of the first posts, #6, says that parameters have [email protected](user)
                            But doing the sums in order the correct value is [email protected](user), like says in post #13.

The #6 post is wrong ??

(2)
                            checked in original parameter file that system.img have 0x145000 (650Mb), and using the guide in post #6 I have a 0x100060 (512.05 Mb)
                            It is OK choose this new system.img leght ?? (I think is ok)

(3)
                            Please could help me to verify if my parameter are ok, I modify userdata to 2Gb :
                            Code:
                            MACHINE_MODEL:X7
                            RECOVER_KEY: 1,3,0,7,0
                            (4)
                            If we copy and set chmod for Supersu.apk and su like says in post #7, for Android 4.2.2
                            Is sufficient to grant a rooted system.img ??

Thanks in advance.
                            Last edited by Lokotito; 10-20-2016, 23:52.

Comment

Working...
                            X