• Show
Clear All

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0 $114.99 at Gearbest

UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0
    Coupon GBCNUGAM6 114.99$

Buy Now
    Main Features
    ● Android 9.0 operation system
    ● Amlogic S922X CPU, Quad core, ARM Cortex-A73, 1.7GHz + Dual core ARM Cortex A53 1.8GHz
    ● ARM Mali-G52 MP6 ( 6ppc ) GPU
    ● 2GB LPDDR4 RAM + 16GB EMMC ROM
    ● 2.4GHz + 5GHz dual band WiFi, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and 2x2 MIMO
    ● 1000M Ethernet Integrated IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000M Ethernet MAC with RGMII
    ● Support Bluetooth 5.0
    ● Support 4K ultra HD image display
    ● Support H.265 decoding

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_0...?lkid=50453238
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

A waste of such a powerful chip.

Comment

Originally posted by jupiter2012 View Post
      A waste of such a powerful chip.
      Hi ,

Why ???

gefattern

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Because in another thread he mentioned they didn't want to send him a free sample device.
        It is the most likely reason.

Hi ,

buy it , why not the Pro , more .... ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

Why ???

gefattern
        2gb ram, 16gb storage just won't allow the processor to perform the way it should.

Comment

Originally posted by jupiter2012 View Post

....just won't allow the processor to perform the way it should.
          Nonsense! ....Yep, went with the 'Ole "exclamation point"!
          The "processor" is basically unaware, unconcerned and unaffected by it's Ram & Rom limits.
          ... Providing it has operational "headroom".
          The ddr4 is extremely effective at efficiencies, I seriously doubt that it can be taxed anywhere close to it's limits as a STB.
          The Rom? ...Easily way-boosted with an added ssd...fast, fast
          ~ Concern Solved.
          Last edited by ClarkKent; 10-26-2019, 06:54.
          Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Okay guys, and of course 64bit mo123. ~~
            I hit the lottery, my ship came it, and my rich grandad kicked it.....
            Sadly, it's New Box Time! ....finally !!
            Voting has begun... Please share your 2 cents on any of the following:
            feel free to add that "0ne" I missed....
            AM6
            KING
            KING Pro audio
            HK odroid UX4
            HK N2 corelec
            RockPi 4 (?)
            Khades (?) $125-ish
            GT MINI2 (if it ever appears)

The Hardware/ FW quality, any extended support, and a consistent functioning, stabil device is the first-line considerations. Hopefully serving as an above-average media ctr./sbc/ desktop lite combo.
            I appreciate the input. I need a second (plus) opinion here, as my brain is beginning to swell. 8~)

**ed: and a damn-decent remote to go with?
            ~ anything extended , pm me.
            Last edited by ClarkKent; 10-27-2019, 01:57.

Comment

AM6 for me.
              I added a 128Gb ssd card for huge Rom.
              Don't know enough about the GT King Pro yet but it looks interesting.
              Don't know why they fitted an RS232 instead of a spdif or coax audio output ?

Comment

Ugoos gets +2 points for this rapid, complete, and clear response to a potential "gotcha" inquiry.

* they seem to know how to push my buttons? 8~}
                *******. *******. *******
                Hi J.T.
                For 4GB AM6 PRO, we use Leahkin4GB LPDDR4.
                eMMC still Samsung brand.
                2GB+16GB is both Samsung DDR and eMMC.
                We can't directly buy one full 4GB LPDDR4 of Samsung, if use 4 x 1GB or smaller one, not so good.
                ​​​​​​... So we choose Leahkinn 4GB ddr4.
                On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 2:23 PM New message from ugoos.net <[email protected]> wrote:
                Name: J.T.

E-mail: [email protected]

Comment: On AM6 pro sales page it displays that the DDR4 IS NOT Samsung. Is this Correct? Who is the Ram maker, and why the variance from the AM6 2/16 model specs?
                Thank you for your fine engineering ++

​​​~jt

Url_from: https://ugoos.com/contact-us

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                  Ugoos gets +2 points for this rapid, complete, and clear response to a potential "gotcha" inquiry.

* they seem to know how to push my buttons? 8~}
                  *******. *******. *******
                  Hi J.T.
                  For 4GB AM6 PRO, we use Leahkin4GB LPDDR4.
                  eMMC still Samsung brand.
                  2GB+16GB is both Samsung DDR and eMMC.
                  We can't directly buy one full 4GB LPDDR4 of Samsung, if use 4 x 1GB or smaller one, not so good.
                  ​​​​​​... So we choose Leahkinn 4GB ddr4.
                  On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 2:23 PM New message from ugoos.net <[email protected]> wrote:
                  Name: J.T.

E-mail: [email protected]

Comment: On AM6 pro sales page it displays that the DDR4 IS NOT Samsung. Is this Correct? Who is the Ram maker, and why the variance from the AM6 2/16 model specs?
                  Thank you for your fine engineering ++

​​​~jt

Url_from: https://ugoos.com/contact-us
                  Their support is definitely top notch.
                  Other manufacturers don't even respond back or give any technical feedback.
                  This device is also the only S922x with fully working Kodi frame-rate switching, HD Audio playback with no problems with any 4K@60hz HDR video.
                  VC-1 is the only thing not hardware decoded but the CPU can software decode it. It seems Amlogic and Rockchip both didn't take out any license with Microsoft for Android 9.
                  2 years from now you will still receive updates, other manufacturers after 6 months, their devices will already be discontinued and replaced by other chipsets.
                  If you do get one, just flash the latest firmware manually otherwise you will need to do several ota updates that can take hours.
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Their support is definitely top notch.
                    Other manufacturers don't even respond back or give any technical feedback.
                    ​​​​​​.... 2 years from now you will still receive updates, other manufacturers after 6 months, their devices will already be discontinued and replaced by other chipsets.
                    If you do get one....
                    https://mega.nz/#F!bpEUFCwI!cujjS7m-razQncRgtWfGIw
                    I pretty much concur MO.
                    when a manufacturer answers questions that you can comprehend what they're saying oh, you got to pay attention! I'm pretty much there dot-dot. It's sitting in the check out window, with the above discount still applying.

Besides dying to get my hands on a metal box versus vacuform engineering, I think Ugoos has put not only intellectual property but real pride, and a sense of ownership in their flagship model. I've decide, overall I'll probably be best served and well satisfied with it.
                    ​​​​​​**i'll just have to back it up with a vim3L and a Hard Kernel asap. Ha?

~ still on ota's, as no pc... I'll get to that too, asap.

Comment

Done! Am 6 via DHL 121.50 USD.
                      Picked up RII ?4 keyboard too.
                      I thinks dual mode transmitt with racing scroll-wheel...
                      Huba, huba!

Comment

mo123 they are definitely trying to lead... Changlog from your above link:
                        blob:https://mega.nz/df335ab3-bfd1-4bf8-85c2-eabd5c0cdf6a

Comment

Yes you will do good with a ugooD
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                            mo123 they are definitely trying to lead... Changlog from your above link:
                            blob:https://mega.nz/df335ab3-bfd1-4bf8-85c2-eabd5c0cdf6a
                            Compare the changelog with other manufacturers that just say:
                            'system optimization'
                            which means nothing and doesn't fix or improve anything

Anyway, I'm very excited.
                            Heard CoreELEC is now also fully supported on the Ugoos AM6.
                            You just have to do a small change and copy ugoos_am6 dtb from device_trees folder of your sd/usb card and replace dtb.img file on it and use a nightly image.

So you will be able to play back VC1, 8K@30hz VP9 and have working wifi compared to LibreELEC that doesn't have working wifi where you need to use a cheap Realtek wifi dongle.
                            In the long run LibreELEC will be the best as they try to get all the drivers mainlined to work with the 5.3 Linux kernel(but lots of things still need support like wifi, bluetooth, some video codecs) while CoreELEC uses an older 4.9 kernel, similar to Android where there is already driver support.
                            With the Netflix addon, you will also get 1080p Netflix with auto-frame-rate switching in CoreELEC using software decoding.
                            With the big heatsink, heat should also not be a problem to software decode DRM videos.

Hopefully Ugoos will also be able to add some dual-boot solution in future.
                            But maybe it's already possible do do with some CoreELEC power off menu addons and Android commands from other Amlogic devices that support dual-boot, not sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X