X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
    Done! Am 6 via DHL 121.50 USD.
    Picked up RII ?4 keyboard too.
    I thinks dual mode transmitt with racing scroll-wheel...
    Huba, huba!
    Congratulations!!!
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

has anyone received AM6 pro version yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ministerjee View Post
        has anyone received AM6 pro version yet?
        +1
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Congratulations!!!
          Thank you!
          ​​​​​​... And the same to all I've bent an ear with.
          I feel pretty good about it.
          ​​​​​​... just gonna have to geta bigger "I Wanna" budget, theirs way too many goodies rolling out presently!
          - Anybody notice the awol magicpee company is bringing a n5 pro/ 905x3.
          Tempted, but... Once bitten, twice shy.
          Asta-laVeesta baby.
          Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

I wish Ugos would kick Amlogics butt, so the VC-1 video codec would work.

Comment

I'm not making the connection there. Vp9 is a Microsoft isn't it? And more or less open source, how is amlogic involved in suppressing it's use

Comment

Mo says Amlogic doesn't pay for that codec. Test that codec and see if it works on your box.

Comment

I will. If it don't, we'll have to add it to the list, along with a hacked-in WV-L1.

** what happened with the blnk mini3?
                  No units yet? Did you get all cores to run?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Compare the changelog with other manufacturers that just say:
                    'system optimization'
                    which means nothing and doesn't fix or improve anything

Anyway, I'm very excited.
                    Heard CoreELEC is now also fully supported on the Ugoos AM6.
                    ~Yep,
                    "system optimization" = FakeNews!
                    If'n yur gonna "do it"? ... Say It, Show It!

​​​​​​...Methinks, an Alternate "influence" exists within Ugoos Business Model.

Good on the CoreElec, I surely want to give it a go.

Comment

I'm not making the connection there. Vp9 is a Microsoft isn't it? And more or less open source, how is amlogic involved in suppressing it's use
                      VP9 is a codec used by Google for 4K Youtube playback and is open-source.
                      VC1 is a codec by Microsoft used for Blu-ray movies and requires a paid license to play.
                      You will find Blu-ray players and Microsoft Windows OS can play it back since the license fee was paid.
                      On eg. the Raspberry Pi, users have to manually buy the VC1 license to play back such files.

On Rockchip devices I patched the firmware to play back VC1 since it's already there, just disabled
                      Amlogic has no MediaCodec code for VC1, so it's not possible to enable it.
                      You might be able to use an old FTMC Kodi build using the old AMLCodec where VC1 works but not sure if it will still work on Android 9, will need testing by users.
                      CoreELEC should perhaps be able to play back VC1 since it also uses AMLCodec.

Comment

New firmware found in the wild
                        Will need to update tonight since I'm still on v0.2.1

1. Added disable auto power-on function (Device Preferences -> Power)
                        2. Some fixes and improves of system automatic frame rate function
                        3. Fixed video scaling higher than 100% for not 1080 resolutions
                        4. Fixed colored stripes bug when boot with interlaced resolution
                        5. Fixed Samba server when storage have damaged partition, unsupported fs or is it expanded internal storage
                        6. Added ext4 file system support for external storages
                        7. Improved Display size setting
                        8. Fixed dolby vision setting
                        9. TvSettings. Added rssi, frequency, link speed info for wifi connection
                        10. Fixed ethernet link down if enable VPN
                        11. Added ukrainian translations
                        12. Updated timezones
                        13. Added support of some usb devices
                        14. Added Android TV Remote Service
                        15. Added Air Screen as pre-installed application
                        16. Fixed cpu frequency problem
                        17. Fixed random power on
                        18. Other system stability changes

Link:
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

The AndroidTV firmware v0.2.2 was also updated on 20/10/2019 by Sasvlad
                        but only the OP post was updated, no new posts made, so no one might have noticed.
                        https://forum.freaktab.com/core/images/icons/icon3.pngUpdate: [ROM] Ugoos AM6 Android TV by Sasvlad 0.3.6 (Dualboot and SingleBoot) Suitable for AM6, AM6 Pro and AM6 PLUS. Dear friends, I present to your attention my new hybrid for ATV lovers. Many thks to UGOOS for sending me the device to play. Why a hybrid? Anyone

Comment

Geez! ....Talk about being found in the "wild" ...I feel like I joined a support group.
                          Kinda warm & cozy already, a regular "safe-space".

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                            I wish Ugos would kick Amlogics butt, so the VC-1 video codec would work.
                            Maybe amlogic s922 can sw decoding vc1 video?

Comment

I will. If it don't, we'll have to add it to the list, along with a hacked-in WV-L1.

** what happened with the blnk mini3?
                              No units yet? Did you get all cores to run?
                              Beelink sent me an updated firmware a couple of weeks ago. I ran more test on it, and yes it runs on all 4 cores, it is FAST. I think the score was around 67k......

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
                                Maybe amlogic s922 can sw decoding vc1 video?
                                I will have to test it using Kodi with the hardware accelerations turned off.....

Comment

Working...
                                X