UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0 $114.99 at Gearbest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ministerjee View Post
    has anyone received AM6 pro version yet?
    I am sure thinking about it. Has gearbest pulled the old Switcheroo on shipping availability. It looks like the pro is available for shipping tomorrow. The 2/16 version not available for 10 days approximately. I've been there before, rarely happens according to their plan.

now my question to those who know is, the alternate brand ddr4 is every bit as good as the Samsung? And will the 4/ 32 firmwares be compatible with anything brought out for the 2/16?

if the answer is yes in both cases, I would like to upgrade.
    Last edited by ClarkKent; 10-31-2019, 04:34.
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

And it went something like this ...
      - he said:

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019, 10:19 PM Ugoos Support Service <[email protected]> wrote:
      Hi,

1.8GHZ and 2.2GHZ is CPU issue belong to hardware part, I think should be not available to upgrade to 2.2GHz from 1.8GHz, if force to make it higher should have some stability problem. I have not got any news about this from our guys.

Currently all our production for AM6, AM6 PRO are same CPU version, 1.8GHZ. We are still waiting for Amlogic update, when they can provide all S922 series CPU on 2.2GHZ.

Anyway, I will check with our developers about the information you mentioned and come back to you.
      Then I replied:

That makes sense, cannot update 1.8 to run 20% faster with tweaked software only.

A lot of discussion on various sites, ie freaktab.comand others, on this important topic. I sincerely appreciate your additional comments as soon as possible.
      My orders in the pipeline,

To clarify: IF gearbest is shipping new 2/16 stock, about the 10 October...
      ... Only the 1.8 ghz is available for shipping, regardless of the model?
      ~ Thanks, tj

Then I said (in general):
      SukCity! I wanted a win/win.
      Catch a break?!

Comment

Might have to go with vim3?
        Hardkernal u4?
        BL KingPro?
        Shite!

Comment

ClarkKent
          im in the same boat as you now, i was waiting for Pro version to come out for a long time, but with those shipping dates and price, im now thinking about going with shield as 2017 model prices are going down as new one released (plus there is not much diff in newly released model)

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
          Hardkernal u4?
          BL KingPro?
          Shite!
          im also interested to know if Am6 custom roms will work on Pro model as well? anyone knows?

Comment

ClarkKent

Hay, you have taken over this whole thread lol.

Touch base on some of your earlier concerns...

If you don't use your TVBox for anything too demanding like: running a Linux Ubuntu firmware, heavy gaming(PUBG,PS4 remote play), or as a Plex server; then 2GB Ram model is more then capable of meeting your daily streaming needs. If you do-do those demanding things just mentioned then it would be better to get the 4GB Ram model.

About CPU frequency, the stable standard of 1.8-GHz for the big cores of the S922X is more then capable of meeting everybody's needs. The higher frequencies that the S922X can be over-clocked too 2.2-GHz is cool on paper because that will net a higher Antutu score but will only ever be felt in real world usage if running TVBox as a PC with a Linux disto like Ubuntu.

Hardkernal u4?
            BL KingPro?
            Shite!
            About your list:
            - VIM3 is the real King of Amlogic TV boxes with it's better CPU but the price also reflects that.
            - Hardkernel u4 ??? I think you meant the Odroid-N2 which I got recently and really enjoy it in my first tests, haven't had time to make it my daily driver, just been making a list of things that I need to change if I want to continue using the custom LineageOS-16 ATV rom, which is pretty nice, not mentioning the great CoreELEC suppport for this device, and device is made in Korea not China if you didn't know
            - Beelink KingPro decent alternative choice to Ugoos, but with Chinese holiday 11/11 coming in under two weeks you might be able to get extra discounts on a purchase from Gearbest like added coupon "spend over $100 and get $10 discount" - when I get extra coupons or discounts like that I generally turn around and fork out the extra money for Express Air shipping.
            Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 11-01-2019, 04:17. Reason: typos

Comment

Hardkernal u4?
              BL KingPro?
              Shite!

I think he maybe an Apple User, they never know what to do
              and well with all this inheritance he spoke about earlier, he can I think.

But its all speculation only.

treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Let me just digest all that a while ...

Robert-
                yuso funny, me laugh you long-time!

Korea i knew, not Japan but definitely better... That's where China stole their stuff. yeoow!

Holidays? GMAFB. !!! That I had forgotten about... Wth, it's just the one that lasts till late February?

it's not my fault! They keep moving the goalposts! I swear to God, I order a product and they move the date out 14 days. I decided to go with the pro cuz it ships in 36 hours, haha!, and then that is moved to 3 weeks out.
                funny thing is... After ordering I was very comfortable and relaxed I thought I had it nailed. Then I happened to ask after didn't move anywhere for 4 days being DHL and all, and that's when I find out about the 14 days.
                At least GearBust is dependable. You can guarantee that they're dependable for a buying snafu, but every time?
                I guess that's what makes them dependable.
                I had forgotten that the two plus gig zipchip was an anomaly, Amlogics snafu... If you will?
                ​​​​​​... But jeez, near 20% higher Antu, plus way-faster r/w speeds... Drooling.
                But just a P.T. in the end.

HK 0rd n2 And the Enyos(?) X4?, er sumthin like that, maybe a rockPi too.
                3L probably has what it takes, with both Android and CoreElc.
                Could be a great deal "sexier" and "finished" for the amount of money you eventually spent..
                FiddleStix!

Comment

And trebor, back in the day they were called Macintosh. That's what got me through freshman English LSU. That's how come I can spills so well! By the way we can make up our mind, we just like s*** to work when you press the FN button

Comment

Macintosh, your saying ?
                    https://i.imgur.com/cxQj2MK.png

Hmmm
                    So you're telling me and everybody else you wore a coat, as in a raincoat, in freshman years, OK,
                    I have heard about those things good to see it got you thru
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      Macintosh, your saying ?
                      https://i.imgur.com/cxQj2MK.png

Hmmm
                      So you're telling me and everybody else you wore a coat, as in a raincoat, in freshman years, OK,
                      I have heard about those things good to see it got you thru
                      ​​​​​​... yep! That's me behind the more images plate.
                      I was the best at swappa those two Meg floppies in and out.

spoiler alert: I'm not wearing anything under the raincoat.

Comment

Hehe... Like this
                        Last edited by ClarkKent; 11-01-2019, 05:09. Reason: Shuut It! 8~}

Comment

• trebor
                          trebor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I remember those things

New v0.2.3 firmware
                        UGOOS AM6 S922X TV Box Android 9.0 (https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009954522026.html?wid=1433363&amp;lkid=39831834) Amlogic S922X / 2GB LPDDR4 + 16GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT5.0 / 1000Mbps / USB3.0 https://forum.freaktab.com/UGOOS+AM6+S922X+TV+Box+Android+9.0++Amlogic+S922X+/+2GB+LPDDR4+++16GB+EMMC+/+2.4G+++5G+WiFi+/+BT5.

Comment

am6 Arrived Saturday 11/09,  somehow the Rii i4 keyboard came same day... yippee!
                          Both pcs are the MOST Impressive items ever purchased from gearbum!
                          Build quality, Look, feel, and operating performance is excellent and exceptional. 

Comment

USB3 ports are important for me as I use an external USB HDD enclosure a lot (main use actually) and price is a factor. So I went for a GT King from Aliexpress as the seller is giving away coupons and something like 8.5% cashback from Quidco is another plus. Took the price down to just over 70.00 GBP inc free shipping. I am happy anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X