This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MECOOL M8S PRO 2/16GB DDR4 Android 7 AC WiFI BT4

MEECOOL M8S PRO DDR4 2GB eMMC 16G Amlogic S912 Android 7.1 KODI 17.0 4K HDR10 TV Box 802.11AC WIFI LAN Bluetooth H.265

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MECOO...HW_Feed_378498

Hi all,This review is for the new MECOOL M8S PRO from Geekbuying,An Amlogic S912 64 bit Octa core CPU TV Box.
    The installed operating system is Android 7.1.1

Quick highlights
    Android 7.1.1
    Amlogic S912
    2GB RAM 16gb ROM
    H.265 decoding
    2.4G/5G WiFi
    Bluetooth

Highlights (From webpage)
    MECOOL M8S PRO is designed to turn your standard looking TV into an Android device that will make it a super smart entertainment center. Well, it is surely an elegant looking Android TV Box that runs on Android 7.1 Nougat, the latest and greatest operating system by Google.

Powered by an Amlogic S912 64 bit Octa core CPU with the maximum clock speed of 1.5GHz, its performance is surely going to be smooth. Also, don’t forget the 2GB RAM which is DDR4, so you will be getting the best out of the RAM. And keep in mind that an extra 32GB memory can be added by TF card, besides the 16GB eMMC that it originally came with.

With 4K HDR, H.265 decoding and screen casting capabilities, the MECOOL M8S PRO is one of the first Android TV devices with mainstream appeal. Based on H.265 HD decoding, it offers 4k * 2k output which provides you high definition viewing and easy video playing. It supports 2.4G/5G WiFi and 100M LAN which guarantee stable transmission efficiency and a strong transmission signal

Some Internal photos

The first thing i noticed when i opened the box was how light the M8S PRO was,This box has vets all round the sides and on the under side

My M8S PRO came unrooted & iv not been able to root it yet

It has 2 full sized USB ports Both on the left hand side next to a micro sd card slot
    On the rear is the Ethernet ,HDMI OUT, AV & the power port.

No Power Button

The M8S PRO Does come with a IR remote which does the job ok but an airmouse is better for a tv box.
    The M8S PRO Boots up in about 30/35 seconds with an annoying boot audio and that takes you to the home screen launcher (VSLauncher)

There is no bottom navigation bar,i really miss this option as it can make things harder to navigate around.Edit Found a navigation bar app on the play store that seems to work well but not perfect, simple control (Navigation bar)https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntrol&hl=en_GB

Home Screen

App Draw

Comes with not too much crap installed,Tv center (kodi 17 RC3),Youtube,Chrome,Miracast,Media center,Update,Movie player etc etc

A quick video looking at the UI and other stuff

Some tech stuff

Antutu

Antutu video test

CPU Z

WIFI

Settings tab

Device & firmware

The firmware on this box is not too bad, quick & everything seems to work well
    The boot time on the M8S PRO is 30 & 35 seconds to complete
    Shut down time is 3/4 seconds
    Antutu Score of 40784
    USB logitec c270 webcam works fine
    External Samsung hard drive of 1TB works fine powered by the M8S PRO
    It comes pre installed with kodi 17.
    HDMI CEC works great i love being able to control the box with my normal tv
    remote this is a great touch.

Firmware SD version 20170419

Package Contents
    1* TV Box
    1* Adapter(A right adapter will be sent as your shipping country)
    1* Gift Box
    1* IR remote control
    1* HDTV Cable
    1* User Manual

Basic Unboxing Video

For Further Discussion Click here > Freaktab
    Last edited by trebor; 06-04-2017, 23:08.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab
Working...
X