This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vorke V1 Plus Review

VORKE V1 Plus Intel Apollo Lake J3455 4K@60hz 4G RAM 64GB SSD Windows MINI PC 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN Wake-on LAN Bluetooth4.2 HDMI & VGA Output USB3.0

Hi Guy's and Girls,This time we have another windows Mini PC to Review.The new Vorke V1 Plus from geekbuying

Highlights (From webpage)

Intel Apollo Lake J3455

J3455 , a quad-core processor, operates between 1.5 and 2.3GHz. Under the hood, it packs 2MB of L2 cache, TDP of 10W and a Intel HD Graphics 500 GPU.

DDR3 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD

VORKE V1 Plus brags a 4GB DDR3 RAM and 64GB of SSD storage, advantageous in performance, security and reliability. Ascribing to the eMMC memory, it delivers a richer end-user experience.

SSD Extendable, HDD 1TB.

Gigabit LAN

Gigabit LAN provides a data rate of 1 billion bits per second.

Applications

Office Work: Office, skype, yahoo, outlook and all other office requirement support and runs perfectly.
    Design Work: Photoshop, CoreIDRAW, Dreamweaver, IIIustrator, Flash, Indesign and others.
    Game Playing: Support most of the online games and PC games, like Warcraft, Counter-Strike (CS), support 3D games.
    Entertainment: Support 4k@60Hz video play, XBMC and others.

Some Internal photos

SSD Cover Removed

Top Cover Removed

Rear of the PCB

PCB Removed from Base

64GB Memory module

The Front USB ports and battery

WIFI Chip

Cooling Fan + Heatsink

PCB With everything Removed

Right lets get this review started on opening the box the first thing you will notice is its quite a big device with a matt black finish to it.

The V1 plus is a all plastic square box with venterlation holes on the both sides.It has a aluminum heatsink & a mini fan Giving it a good chance to keep the unit cool BUT it should of came with some ear plugs too as its rather loude when it kicks in,Ok its not running all the time but when it is running Its a lot louder than the fans on my tower pc infact i can hear the fan over the tv even when im in the next room.Im doing some stress tests right now and it must be spining at 10 million RPM.

I tried to measure the sound with a app

On the first boot of the V1 Took me to the windows setup, language product key etc etc (No need to enter a windows key here) just skip it for now then you will find it gets fully activated after the setup is compleat.First thing i wanted to do was to get it fully upto date.I went to windows update center and that kept giving me a connection error,So i changed my tackticks and downloaded the windows 10 update assintant & 2 hours latter i now have the latest Windows Version 1703 Build 15063.540.

The V1 is now showing around 39GB of free space in windows after all the latest updates.should.The main plus on the V1 is being able to pick wether to use the VGA or the HDMI output both work as they should.

The V1 Plus has all the ports most people will need with the power button the top nice and easy to get to.

What works

64GB sd works
    128GB USB Stick
    Samsung 1TB unpowered HD works
    Tronsmart Mars G01 Gamepad works
    Logitech c270 webcam works
    Wd 320GB hard drive works

Some tech stuff

The boot time on the V1 is nice and fast at 20 seconds.

Antutu

CPU Z

Aida64 GPUID

Aida64 Cache & memory benchmark

Aida64 GPGPU

1 hour Stress test

Crystal Diskmark

WIFI

Bios Backup

https://mega.nz/#!oDpXnYLD!rOGrwFFVS...ZEI6WCecXIp0cU

Double driver Backup

https://mega.nz/#F!pS41BBBS!M7pxHvHgkfwM0kKt1cK6uA

Video Review

General Brand: Vorke
    Model: V1 Plus
    Quantity: 1 Piece
    Color: Black
    Hardware & OS Operating System: Windows10 home 64-bit, Supports WIN8.1/ubuntu15.10&16.04 Chrome OS
    CPU: Intel® Apollo Lake J3455(1.5-2.3Ghz)
    GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 500
    RAM: LPDDR3 4GB (1600MHz)
    ROM: 64GB mSATA SSD(Endless extension for SSD, 1TB extension for HDD, Support 2.5" SATA3 SSD)
    Sound Codec Chip: Realtek ALC269
    Communication Wifi Connectivity: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165,802.11ac,2.4G/5G
    Ethernet: Gigabit LAN
    Bluetooth: 4.2
    Card Reader: Micro SD card slot(Realtek RTS5170)
    Media Video Supported: 3GP,AVI,H.264,MP4
    Audio Supported: AAC,ACC,MP3,OGG,WAV
    Picture Supported: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG
    Office Format: Excel,PPT,Word
    E-book Format: PDF,TXT
    Interface HDMI Port: Standard HDMI Male 2.0a,Support 4k@60Hz
    Wake On LAN: Yes
    Other Interfaces
    USB2.0 x 2
    USB3.0 x 2
    Headphone out&Mic-in x 1
    VGA x 1
    LAN 10M/100M/1000M x 1
    TYPEA HDMI x 1
    Power Button x 1
    DC-IN x 1
    Power Power: 12V//3A
    Youtube: Supported
    Speaker: Supported
    MIC: Supported
    Dimensions&Weight Dimensions: 153.4*153.4*38mm/ 6.039*6.039*1.496inches
    Weight: 390g/ 13.75oz
    Package Contents 1 x MINI PC
    1 x Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)
    1 x Charging cable
    1 x User manual
    Basic unboxing Video

For Further Discussion Go here
    Last edited by blinkone; 04-16-2018, 22:33.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab
Working...
X