Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Download Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Download Thread)

What are they:

The files below are modified ROMs based from stock builds for Amlogic Based Nextbook tablets.

ROMs for additional models may be added to this page as I complete them. If you want to receive updates when I release new files, consider subscribing to my developer bio thread using the link in my signature.

What Mods have been made:

• Some Bloatware Removed
    • Deodexed
    • Zip-Aligned
    • USB Mass Storage + ADB Enabled
    • Insecure ADB Debug Mode Enabled
    • Init.d Scripting Support
    • Pre-Rooted
    • New Splash Screens
    • Updater Dumps Current ROM Before Installation
    How to Install:

These will require a custom recovery to install. Look here for a compatible TWRP Recovery:
    TWRP-Recovery-with-UBIFS-Support-For-Amlogic-Nextbook-Tablets-(Download-Thread)

These ROMs wipe System and Data before install...
    You are strongly encouraged to make a backup with TWRP recovery before installing. A TWRP backup may enable you to restore your tablet if something goes wrong.

Install will take longer than usual, as the installer will dump your current ROM to your external SD Card, before installing the new ROM. You can not perform a CWM restore from this ROM dump. Worst case scenario, if the new ROM isn't compatible with your device, upload the ROM dump and I'll try to determine what happened and provide an updated ROM. (Assuming the ROM was working before install and the ROM Dump is complete.)

First boot will also take longer than usual as the system caches the deodexed apps and frameworks.

Don't forget to download Superuser or SuperSu from the Play Store to control which apps are allowed to use Root access!!!!

Please make sure you download the correct ROM for your device!

Nexbook sometimes changes internal hardware without changing the product name! The file names below indicate the hardware details:

These files will be named in the format: SMT-"model"-"board"-"stock_build_date"-"optional_info".zip

Verify
    model and board in your stock build.prop before downloading: ro.product.model and ro.product.board

You can also check board in ro.build.product, ro.build.description or ro.build.fingerprint

The easiest way to check WiFi is to type "lsmod" in terminal while WiFi is on. This will usually display 3 kernel mods that are loaded. MALI and UMP are graphic drivers. The other one is your WiFi driver.

These ROMs are believed to work on all matching model and boards, unless noted otherwise.
    Install at your own risk...

Downloads:

SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000ND_WM-102813.zip
    (Check your board - Flashing the wrong Next8HD8G ROM results in no screen display and requires an Unbrick Kit to fix.)

SMT-Next8HD8G-NXM8000NBD_WMN-102813.zip
    (Check your board - Flashing the wrong Next8HD8G ROM results in no screen display and requires an Unbrick Kit to fix.)

SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-102312-8192cu_wifi.zip
    (Check your WiFi - If it doesn't work just try the ROM below.)

SMT-Next7P12-8G-NXM727MC_WM-082313-8188eu_wifi.zip

(Check your WiFi - If it doesn't work just try the ROM above.)

Support Thread:

ShaunMT's Modified Stock Based ROMs for Amlogic Nextbooks (Support Thread)
    Last edited by shaunmt; 07-20-2014, 06:43. Reason: Added Next7P12-8G ROMs
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Special Thanks To The Following Testers and Contributors

Special Thanks to:

BlackKnight330 For testing and feedback on the Next7P12-8G ROMs

GJPete5580 For bug reporting on the Next7P12-8G ROMs

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif