This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rom for Pipo Smart S1

I saw over on Vondroid a long list of rom's for the S1. Thought I would check with my favorite forum before I download from there.

There is one showing here in a post by Neomode that seems to have a bad link.

I was thinking that Mr. Riley had made one, and was redoing it ...but I have yet to find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Cube T9; Pipo M8 Pro (on life support); LG gPad

Since Neomode made this ROM, I just didn't do one for the S1. I have one for the S1 Pro and the S1S, but not the original S1.

Stay tuned, and I'll put together one for you.

Sorry for my oversite. I'd hate for you to have to switch over to the "dark side"....hahahaha!!!!!

Stay tuned.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Since Neomode made this ROM, I just didn't do one for the S1. I have one for the S1 Pro and the S1S, but not the original S1.

Stay tuned, and I'll put together one for you.

Sorry for my oversite. I'd hate for you to have to switch over to the "dark side"....hahahaha!!!!!

Stay tuned.
      Quite good! I look forward to it. I am sure there are other good ROMs, but your instructions being better go a long way toward making it better overall.

The Smart S1 is actually a sweet 7", as evidenced by it still being a viable contender for the best 7" Android tab for less than 100.00.

I bet many will be grateful for this new ROM.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm almost done with it.

Stay Tuned!!!!!!
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

How much NAND memory does this tablet have? I'm working on the parameter files, and I need to know what user app space sizes to make.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Here you go:

Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Loaded good. Was doing fine.

Thought to reboot (using a Power Toggles widget) ...now it is stuck in a loop back to CWM.

It won't boot back into the OS.

Any ideas what I might try?

On charger now so it won't run all the way down.

Thank you ...

Comment

If you are able to use the CWM controls, clear the cache and try a reboot.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

thanks
                  =rrileypm;100318]If you are able to use the CWM controls, clear the cache and try a reboot.[/QUOTE]

Boots right back into CWM.

Is there a way to reload the rom from CWM?

Thanks

Comment

Try flashing again and see if it will re-produce the problem.

You say, you got it to boot, OK once...then reboot gets stuck in recovery?
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

Try not to use the reboot widget again...just power off manually and see if that fixes it.

Some of these reboot apps make the wrong changes in the misc.img file...which causes the ROM to boot in recovery over and over.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

[rrileypm;100325]Try
                        flashing again and see if it will re-produce the problem.

You say, you got it to boot, OK once...then reboot gets stuck in recovery?[/QUOTE]

No ...that was my first attempt to reboot since I loaded the ROM.

Do I just reattach the pad to my PC via USB and run the flash program? I probably need a bit more instruction.

Sorry to be trouble.

Comment

Try not to use the reboot widget again...just power off manually and see if that fixes it.

Some of these reboot apps make the wrong changes in the misc.img file...which causes the ROM to boot in recovery over and over.

So far no way to power it down.

Apparently it was the reboot app.

Any way to remedy?

Comment

Look in the main Pipo forum. There is a sticky that has a manual way to get your tablet into flash mode.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Look in the main Pipo forum. There is a sticky that has a manual way to get your tablet into flash mode.

Randy

That got me there, Randy.

Thanks.

The culprit apparently was Power Toggles.

I have used it for a while on my tabs, but this is the first time I tried the optional reboot portion that is part of the app. I will steer clear of that.

The small reboot app. that is part of the M8 Pro RRom 2.0 is excellent. Need to find that app.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X