Logitech Steering on an Andriod TV box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Steering on an Andriod TV box?

Does any one of the avid android gamers know of a way to interface a Logitech steering to an android unit. I have an android TV box and a PS3 type game pad but it is just not the same as "driving" a car with a steering with foot operated brake and gas pedals.

The other alternative would be to use a small tablet like a nexus 7 as the steering to control the android game. I have only seen applications where an android device is controlling a PC game but no android to android control.

Logitech Momo wheel

After considering that no harm could be done I tried a Momo Force feedback wheel on a Tronsmart Vega box (Running Finless 1.9 ROM)

I tried it with Real Racer 3, Asphalt 7, GT Racing 2 as well as on Beech Buggy Blitz

In all cases could I get the SW to respond correctly to the wheel input but only in one case (GT Racing 2) could I get the SW to read something for gas and brakes i.e the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. With Beech Buggy Blitz I could add the brakes but when crashing it would lock in a mode that I could not exit from.

It is close. I was thinking my first Arduino project should be to build a configurable interface between the wheel and the TV box. Maybe next winter....

Comment

USB/BT Joystick center

Found a mapping tool called USB/BT Joystick center on Playstore. Tried the Demo. It claims it can interface with a different Logitech wheel. Unfortunately it appears as if this app can only handle an 8 bit input where the momo uses a 10 bit A/D on its steering. Those extra two bits are just too much for an 8 bit joystick mapping input.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
        USB/BT Joystick center

Found a mapping tool called USB/BT Joystick center on Playstore. Tried the Demo. It claims it can interface with a different Logitech wheel. Unfortunately it appears as if this app can only handle an 8 bit input where the momo uses a 10 bit A/D on its steering. Those extra two bits are just too much for an 8 bit joystick mapping input.
        Is this app still available? I can't seem to find it in playstore...trying to use PS3 stick on a Ugoos UT2 for Frontline games....
        FLHT = Harley
        HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
        Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Working...
        X