X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Tronsmart Mars G01 REVIEW

In brief
    First off the controller looks & feels very nice.Its well built & feels good.
    It comes with a rechargeable battery that should last at least at least 5-7 hours of game play,it does come with the battery partly charged but i would recomend charging it befor use.
    so i plugged the 2.4Ghz receiver into my beelink m8 pressed the T power button on the controller (big blue button) & it was paired instantly with the Beelink m8 witch was very nice no messing about It also worked perfect with my minix x8-h & my cx-919,it automatically connects in A mode (android) witch is good for most games.

Specification
    - Connecting: Tech 2.4Ghz Wireless
    - Bluetooth: NO
    - Plug-and-Play: YES
    - Vibration Dual-Motor: YES
    - Cover Range: Up to 10M (30 Feet)
    - Frequency Range: 2400MHZ - 2483MHZ
    - Channels Bandwidth: 1MHZ
    - Maximum Transmitter Power ODBM
    - Battery Capacity: 600mAH
    - Working Current: 11-20mA
    - Standby Current: 33µA
    - Charging Current: 300mA
    - Interface USB: 1.0/2.0/3.0
    - Compatible System: Win7/Win8/VISTA/PS3/Android

My Unboxing of this new device, Iv been waiting a wile to try something like the tronsmart mars G01.
    Un boxing it was very well packed & fits neatly in the box with everything i needed in there.

Whats in the box

Mars G01 Controller
    wifi receiver
    micro usb cable
    OTG cable
    User manual
    Carry case

First impressions
    The first thing I noticed when I picking up the Tronsmart Mars G01 was how well built it looked & felt,The buttons are the same layout as the xbox controller but it seems to fit & feel nicer in the hand with the rubber sides.

Setting up the Tronsmart Mars G01
    Was very easy,insert the wifi reciver into your tv box/phone ect & simply press the blue button on the controller thats it setting up compleat.

The battery life
    Is good too iv had about 6 hours game play so far & its still working well but im going to recharge it now as i dont like to let any device run compleatly down.

Games iv tested so far

Dead Trigger (A MODE)
    Asphalt 8 (A MODE)
    GTA vice city (A MODE)
    Beach buggy Blitz (A MODE)
    Sky riders (A MODE)
    Sonic 4 epc 1&2 (A MODE)
    Shadowgun (D MODE)
    Modern Combat 4 (x MODE)
    More to follow

To my amazement they all worked perfect with no lag at all & not having to do any reconfiguration the controller

Conclusion
    Very impressed with this device & how easy everything is to get connected if your a big gamer this is the device for you
    Last edited by blinkone; 08-18-2014, 15:22.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Good review. I am also very impressed with mine. I am no serious gamer but felt that $30 was not too much to pay for a game controller. Very good quality. The sticks work smoothly and all switches have a good tactile feel.

The box was delivered pretty banged up and I was concerned that the unit would have been damaged, but fortunately it was without even a scratch (or crack).

Comment

I must Agree.
      A very good quality game pad Indeed
      Does all its expected to do, easy to set up.. Excellent
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks guys,be great if you could all add to this review by saying what games you have tried & what setting you used on the controller with each game,

Comment

Exellent review Blinkone makes me want to purchase one right of the bat.nice one.

Comment

recieved mine today, just had a quick play with it, i am on jetpack joyride, but it just says "tap screen to play"

what button do i need to press, i have tryed all of them, and all modes as well

Am i missing somthing

Comment

Originally posted by okey View Post
              recieved mine today, just had a quick play with it, i am on jetpack joyride, but it just says "tap screen to play"

what button do i need to press, i have tryed all of them, and all modes as well

Am i missing somthing
              Jet pack joyride is a touch screen game only,,but you can get it working by using tincore keymapper from the play store, set tronsmart controller to touch absolute

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                Jet pack joyride is a touch screen game only,,but you can get it working by using tincore keymapper from the play store, set tronsmart controller to touch absolute

oh right, looks like i am going struggle with games like fifa, minecraft etc, thought i was on to a winner with my kids there,

Comment

Originally posted by okey View Post
                  oh right, looks like i am going struggle with games like fifa, minecraft etc, thought i was on to a winner with my kids there,
                  can you solve the problem? becouse i cant play fifa 14 with mars g01 and vega s89.

Comment

Originally posted by rule View Post
                    can you solve the problem? becouse i cant play fifa 14 with mars g01 and vega s89.
                    Hi I haven't tried fifa as im not a football fan but my guess is its a touch screen game only have you tried tincore keymapper

Comment

Hi I haven't tried fifa as im not a football fan but my guess is its a touch screen game only have you tried tincore keymapper
                      hi,
                      i can play mc4, gt racing etc. games with mars g01 x mode. but when i open fifa 14; mars g01, remote controller and bluetooth mouse dont touch the screen. so that i cant see the game menu. i tried mars g01 all modes for this also. can tincore keymapper fix this? i havetn tried itincore keymapper yet becouse tronsmart and geekbuying say x mode of mars g01 work for this games including fifa 14 without keymapping.

Comment

Originally posted by rule View Post
                        hi,
                        i can play mc4, gt racing etc. games with mars g01 x mode. but when i open fifa 14; mars g01, remote controller and bluetooth mouse dont touch the screen. so that i cant see the game menu. i tried mars g01 all modes for this also. can tincore keymapper fix this? i havetn tried itincore keymapper yet becouse tronsmart and geekbuying say x mode of mars g01 work for this games including fifa 14 without keymapping.
                        Yes tincore might help you, its free from the playstore so you got nothing to lose in tryng it.In tincore set muse click to "touch hybrid pointer"

Comment

Yes tincore might help you, its free from the playstore so you got nothing to lose in tryng it.In tincore set muse click to "touch hybrid pointer"
                          ok i will try it when i am not busy. i will write here the result. thank you.

Comment

I tryed tincore, but i found it very complicated to use, so gave up at the end.

I will have another go tonight and try again

Comment

Hello,

Got my controller the other day and was testing it out. I was playing some ROM games and noticed lag. I'm not playing resource intensive games either. For example, super mario 3, probably .25 second of a lag. I have a tronsmart s89-h device. Any suggestions? I have tried beach buggy blitz just to test out an android game, seems to be ok, but not sure how its suppose to react to the controller since this is the only time i have played it.

thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                              X