Best Android Emulator Frontend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Android Emulator Frontend?

I have been looking at frontends for Android. The two i have been looking at are
    1. RetroArch
    2. Gamesome

Anyone have any experience with these or know another frontend I should look into? Im looking for a simple and seemless experience. It can be difficult to set up...just nice and smooth when done.

Thanks

Originally posted by SwampDonkey View Post
    I have been looking at frontends for Android. The two i have been looking at are
    1. RetroArch
    2. Gamesome

Anyone have any experience with these or know another frontend I should look into? Im looking for a simple and seemless experience. It can be difficult to set up...just nice and smooth when done.

Thanks
    Gamesome is practically the only choice. Retroarch is not a frontend, it's a common GUI with different emulators (cores), but not exactly a frontend.

There is another one and probably the best called Nostalgia, but it is only for OUYA, I don't think it can be used easily in a standard android device.

Comment

Happychick is warez, it includes piracy versions of legit paid emulators like Drastic or ePSXe.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

1. What is an emulator core? like a version of the emulator....an emulator with changes in the code. Kinda like a version.

2. I will look into this thing called Happychick.

Thanks for the input. So it looks like so far my best choice would be Gamesome. I have heard very good things about retroarch but i guess its not a "frontend". ... maybe just try them both

Comment

Originally posted by skelton View Post
          Happychick is warez, it includes piracy versions of legit paid emulators like Drastic or ePSXe.
          Thanks.
          Team UX
          http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Regarding unknown alternatives, I tested Retrox, which, as mentioned in my reply to ngs428's comment, does the job just fine, looks nice and you can download the add-on emulators internally just like in Retroarch I believe.

Retroarch might be better from I read but I did try it a bit and seemed to time consuming to set it up properly and the interface was not the best.

Finally, repeating myself, I'm wondering why no-one here mentions Retrox. Is it because it's more obscure, not being on Goggle Play or is there something else I should know about it and hence stay away? I am aware that not having the Google Play seal of approval is not the best thing, but other than that it did the job for me just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X