Use Phone Mobile Web Access For Tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Phone Mobile Web Access For Tablet?

I am kind of lost here, so hopefully someone can not only explain if what I want to do is even possible, but how to do it if it is.

I have a LG 620G phone. It's not a smartphone, but it does have Bluetooth and an
    Obigo
    browser. I get 30MB of web access free (which I never use...it just came w/ the plan that includes unlimited text and calling).

I have a Nextbook Premium 7 tablet. 90% of the time I am in an area where I can pick up Wi-Fi. I was wondering for the 10% of the time when Wi-Fi is not available, if there is some way I can get my tablet to access the web through my phone?

If you need any additional information, let me know. Thanks.

Your phone needs to support creating a "hot spot". Usually this is done over wifi. e.g. you create a mobile hot spot (an adhoc wifi setup) from your phone which then allows wifi devices to connect to your phones hot spot and share the 3G connection.

I do not know if this can be done over bluetooth?
    Might be an app around for that maybe?

Now this is the crappy part. Many 3G supliers with locked phones will not allow you to make a wifi hotspot without paying extra for it! This is why many phone users root the phone so they can cheat and overcome this rip off tactic.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

i am quite sure that sharing 3g over Bluetooth to tablet is not currently available correct me if i am wrong but as far as i can tell there is no way of sharing the lg620g 3g connection any way (i downloaded the instruction manual) as the menus are the same as my old lg and i looked into this for my laptop to use it mobile without a dongle a while ago and that was looking into both usb and bluetooth connections to share it over.

if any one can prove this wrong please do so as i would like to know how to do it if it can be done

hope this helps

ricky
      Ricky
      New here but learning something new everyday

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Digging deeper, there are apps that would allow me to do this. However I can't download any apps to my phone since it isn't a true smartphone. And no way to create a hotspot. My phone is just way to out dated.

Comment

Working...
        X