Tethering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tethering

Is there some information available about how to do this? I have a Arnova 10 G2 tablet and I understand I need Android phone to enable me to connect my tablet to the internet? I installed the latest Finless ROM and it worked very well allowing me to download Apps from the Google playstore and a much faster boot time, so thanks for that. But I have been unable to find anyway of using my ZTE MF112 dongle. I have to say that searching this web-site under FAQ has been no help to me on any subject. Not sure what to make of 'Tags'?

My 2.0 ROM and 1.4 ROM do not seem to support 3G USB sticks. I have been working on it but have not had success yet.

If you use my 1.4 ROM and your stick is supported, it should work. Try 1.4 and see first.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

3G stick

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      My 2.0 ROM and 1.4 ROM do not seem to support 3G USB sticks. I have been working on it but have not had success yet.

If you use my 1.4 ROM and your stick is supported, it should work. Try 1.4 and see first.

Bob
      I loaded your 1.5 ROM then went back to 1.4 after your comments about users who had lost connectivity. I have never been able to connect using my dongle and trying various forums it would seem that nobody has successfully connected with this particular one. AS it would cost £40 to get the Archos one I thought it would be better to buy a cheap Android phone and use Tethering. Seems others have had success with this method. As it would only be useful while on holiday I did not want to spend too much time and money getting it to work.
      Thanks for your time.
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
        did you happen to get that to work? or was that a lost cause in the making? \: well not a huge lost cause cause im sure a lot of people learned from the expierence (;
        Thanks soooooo much!! You are awesome!
        Need a graphic artist for games, want a sketch, painting, pm me and we can work something out!
        FREAKTAB is FREAKIN' AMAZING!
        Kyle

Comment

Tethering using USB

Originally posted by bdoggamer535 View Post
          did you happen to get that to work? or was that a lost cause in the making? \: well not a huge lost cause cause im sure a lot of people learned from the expierence (;
          I have now tried to tether my Arnova G10 via the USB port with 2 different Android smartphones with no success. This is because the tablet does not 'see' the phone is connected to the USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by darby1canardly View Post
            I have now tried to tether my Arnova G10 via the USB port with 2 different Android smartphones with no success. This is because the tablet does not 'see' the phone is connected to the USB port.
            I do not know of any that will allow Android to Android usb tethering.

Comment

I think usb tethering would require some additional drivers.

But wifi tethering, from my cyanogenmod phone works very well. I also tried the "wireless tethering for rooted phones" on the play store. And it works too.

Comment

Tethering

Thanks for the reply. I have tethered by making my smart phone a wi-fi zone but connecting the phone to the tablet via the USB cable the tablet does not recognise that anything is connected. I downloaded the latest firmware from the Arctablet forum after seeing the Arnova G10 using USB to smartphone tethering but it still doesn't work. There was some talk of providing an update but I haven't heard of this happening yet. Ever hopeful!

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                I think usb tethering would require some additional drivers.

But wifi tethering, from my cyanogenmod phone works very well. I also tried the "wireless tethering for rooted phones" on the play store. And it works too.

Comment

Working...
                X