Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tablet TITAN PC7007ME with Rockchip RK2906 has touch screen Goodnix gt811 inverted everything else works OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablet TITAN PC7007ME with Rockchip RK2906 has touch screen Goodnix gt811 inverted everything else works OK

Hello, first of all let me say what an unbelievable great site you guys have!
    Second, I apologize for the long post.

My tablet is branded Titan PC7007ME 8GB and has a Rockchip RK2906-6 inside. I know that it came with android 4.0.3. This tablet is known to be sold in latin america. It was working very slow (for instance rotating the screen would take about 2 seconds & look very slow) and after a shut down - power on cycle, the tablet turned on, showed the boot image (not animation!) and froze there forever (even after multiple shut down - power on cycles).

I searched/googled for a combination/sequence of key presses to restore/recover the tablet but nothing worked. I found this site: http://moveontechnology.com/hugoenchina/ (in spanish, http://moveontechnology.com/hugoenchina/?p=228) containing several tools and firmwares. I tried ALL firmwares compatible with RK29xx and NONE of them worked (the flash process would error at "Downloading Firmware 0%" and never successfully flash the tablet). I have also tried flashing several newer firmwares (4.1.1, 4.2.2) which were not supposed to work and indeed, they did not work.

I decided to open the tablet, write down the number of some of the chips/ICs found inside and look for information on them: Rockchip RK2906-6 (CPU), RTL8188 (WiFi/WLAN), T659102 (PWM), ALC5621 (Audio), GoodiX GT811 (Touch Screen), H5TQ2G83CFR (x2) (RAM), 29F32G08CBACA (x2) (NAND), 7660 (Accelerator/g-sensor), the board has TR720F_V11 2012_02_28 written on it and a white sticker with PC7014E1211R9R8G.

I finally found this firmware: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7...nga/update.rar (originally from http://ofimatica-programacion.blogsp..._lbGate=653469 but this page is very annoying; it loads linkbucks every time!), flashed the firmware and voilá!!!, The tablet booted fine (showed the Titan boot image, showed the "WELCOME" animation and showed the home page). However, when trying to move/touch around, I noticed the touch screen was inverted on the longest axis (the shortest axis or less wide is accurate).

After reading some more I found that the problem could be corrected by modifying a file named script.bin or installing new drivers (http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?topic=5756.0, http://www.imajeenyus.com/computer/2...x2bin_etc.html, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447819, http://elinux.org/Hack_A10_devices, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2312731, http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/t...-A-JB-4-1.html), however, all of the information was for AllWinner CPUs and/or the tools/commands/scripts used did not work / resulted in errors.

I am currently trying to unpack the update.img and modify the unpacked boot.img which is supposed to contain the initialization/configuration scripts for the device hardware, however, I have not succeded in finding anything related to the GT811 driver/device configuration.

I unpacked the update.img using imgRePackerRK_104 and got all sub-images (RK29xxLoader(L)_V2.08.bin, parameter, boot.img, kernel.img, misc.img, recovery.img, system.img) BUT I could NOT find a way to unpack/read/modify the sub-images.

I finally tried Factory Tool v3.4 (which was on the first website I found) and it also unpacked the update.img and I think it unpacked the boot.img and system.img as well, however, I am stuck at trying to find how to modify touch screen GT811 initialization parameters, repack update.img and reflash.

So, I ask you guys for any help on how can I correct this inverted touch screen. Thanks a lot.

PS: I am attaching the system_info.txt and dmesg.txt generated by Uberizer. I am also attached the parameter (renamed parameter.txt) and boot.bin (renamed boot.bin.txt) generated by FactoryToolV3.4.

PS2: Funny thing, the only way I could communicate with the tablet in ADB mode was to use the files from Root_RK29_Tab_Toolkit_1.3.zip, no other adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, not even the downloaded ones from android SDK, would work, can anyone explain why?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    Attached Files

Unlike AllWinner some ROM you flashed used a kernel that also flashed your touch screen EEPROM and thus inverted the touch screen. I have fixed this on AllWinner ROMs myself:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...X-touch-screen!

However it doesn't work the same way on RockChip! I believe this is in the kernel on Rockchip to flash the touch screen EEPROM. But you ready for this.... In all my years of messing with RK ROMs I have never seen one do this or EVER flash the touch screen EEPROM! Rockchip also does not contain anything like AllWinner for setting the XY touch system like AllWinner (which is how you fix this on AllWinner).
    Your RockChip tablet is a RARE breed since you like the only one so far this has happened to!

So I am not sure what to tell you. If you can find the ROM you flashed that caused the touch screen EEPROM to get flashed, maybe we can backup from there and see what can be done.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Wow!!! Unbelievable fast response! Thank you very much Finless Bob. The firmware that actually flashed successfully and didn´t throw any errors when using Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7 can be downloaded from:

The EEPROM you talk about, would that be located on the GT811 chip itself or in some chip on the motherboard? If it is on some "standard" 8 pin IC I could de-solder it read the EEPROM, upload it for you to analyze (if it is even possible), modify it and reprogram the IC.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by superstar View Post
        Wow!!! Unbelievable fast response! Thank you very much Finless Bob. The firmware that actually flashed successfully and didn´t throw any errors when using Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7 can be downloaded from:

The EEPROM you talk about, would that be located on the GT811 chip itself or in some chip on the motherboard? If it is on some "standard" 8 pin IC I could de-solder it read the EEPROM, upload it for you to analyze (if it is even possible), modify it and reprogram the IC.

Thanks for your help
        The EEPROM is on the touch screen not on the board.

The ROM that works WONT helpful. WHY? Because it doesn't flash the EEPROM. What we need is the ROM you flashed that DID flash the screen EEPROM! Then we can look possibly at the code to see how it is doing that. Again on RK devices, this never happens so it is rare. We need to find the ROM that flashed your screen EEPROM so we can see how it did it.

Bob

Comment

I have all the update.img files that I tried before finding the correct one (the one that allowed be to boot the tablet). Can you enlighten me as to how should I find the EVIL update.img? I think I can use imgrepacker to extract the kernel.img from each update.img but after that I have no idea how to correclty extract the kernel.img and after that what to look for in the extracted files (init.rc probably?)

Again, thank you very much for your help!

Edit:

I remebered that the first time I tried to flash to bootable update.img I used the "Restore" button instead of the "Upgrade" button in the Rockchip Batch Tool and it gave me an error. After that I closed the program, disconnected the tablet, reconnected it and tried the "Upgrade" button. That second time, the flashing process went fine!
          Last edited by superstar; 03-29-2014, 22:26. Reason: Forgot important information

Comment

OK, I took apart the tablet again. This time I disassembled and disconnected the screen-touch assembly. I did not notice any kind of chip ressembling an EEPROM in the touchscreen itself (I could not check the back of the screen; I will try to disassemble the screen and check for chips there). I just found the number FC07002-CTP written on the flex cable.

The only other misterious chip on the motherboard has the marking AT28 and has 8 pins so it could be some sort of EEPROM.

I have unpacked three different firmwares and I will be looking at the kernel.img using notepad++ meanwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by superstar View Post
              OK, I took apart the tablet again. This time I disassembled and disconnected the screen-touch assembly. I did not notice any kind of chip ressembling an EEPROM in the touchscreen itself (I could not check the back of the screen; I will try to disassemble the screen and check for chips there). I just found the number FC07002-CTP written on the flex cable.

The only other misterious chip on the motherboard has the marking AT28 and has 8 pins so it could be some sort of EEPROM.

I have unpacked three different firmwares and I will be looking at the kernel.img using notepad++ meanwhile.
              The EEPROM is in the touch screen processor gt811. Sorry not to be clear.

Bob

Comment

I think I found a possible solution without requiring hardware hacking/modding, however, I still need some help as I don´t know my way around linux/android device driver compilation... I found three files (which I will attach 7-zipped):
                gt811_firmware.h
                gt811_ts.c
                gt811_ts.h

The gt811_firmware.h file has a char array declaration which I assume is the data that got overwritten. The gt811_ts.h has a bunch of definitions, data structures and such. The gt811_ts.c (which I think is the actual module/driver code) has some interesting (I think) lines:
                static int revert_x_flag = 0;
                static int revert_y_flag = 0;
                static int exchange_x_y_flag = 0;
                static int ctp_fetch_sysconfig_para(void)
                static int goodix_init_panel(struct goodix_ts_data *ts)
                printk(KERN_ALERT "Touchscreen driver of guitar exited.\n");
                MODULE_DESCRIPTION("Goodix Touchscreen Driver");

I read some info on compiling, installing and removing modules on linux but there has to be a MAKEFILE in order to successfully compile the module/driver. That is where I am stuck.

I know that writing device drivers for a begginner (me) is almost impossible, so is there a posibility for anyone to help create a C file/application which would interact with the tablet´s touchscreen? (I base my request on the following EXCELLENT link where the author creates a query_ioctl.c, query_ioctl.ko and query_app.c and compiles them leaving a query_app that can be used from the command line:

Thanks for any help
                Attached Files
                Last edited by superstar; 03-31-2014, 17:56. Reason: Forgot attachment

Comment

The problem here is this gets compiled with the kernel.
                  You wont find a stand alone driver in /system
                  Touch screen drivers have been in the kernel now since ICS.
                  So to fix this, kernel sources would be needed and you would compile the driver in with them and set the x/y at kernel compile time.

This maybe just finding YOUR kernel for your tablet as even tough you found a ROM that works, the kernel has your screen inverted.

Bob

Comment

OK, thank you very much for all of your time and help. I´ll post here again if I ever fix this thing. Thanks

Comment

The same problem

Hi there!

I'd like to know if there's a solution to this problem. Unfortunately, I've flashed the wrong ROM and since then my touch screen is messed up, axis inverted. In addition to flashing the stock rom back, I've also tried flashing various custom roms, but the problem still exists. It is a Nextbook aka YIFANG M1010FP aka Odys Xelio 10 Extreme having the following specs:

• Quad-Core ARM Cortex A9 /1.6GHz;
                      • ARM Mali TM-400 Quad core GPU accelerated processor
                      • Android 4.2
                      • 10.1 Inch IPS, 1280x800 (WXGA -screen)
                      • Front Camera 0.3MP; Back Camera 2.0MP
                      • Bluetooth 4.0
                      • Rechargeable 6000MAh Li-Polymer Battery

The rom which has modified the EEPROM of my touch screen is:
                      kasty-cube_u30gtc4-441-20131212-rooted4

I also have the stock kernel.

In case somebody needs the above mentioned files, I can post the links to download.

Is there a way to fix this issue? I would be most grateful if somebody could help me. My daughter has been really upset since she cannot use it.

Comment

Hey superstar I had the same problem but I downloaded this rom and solved >> https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=dbd21...E00F1C9C%21641 >> RK29device

Regards

Comment

Working...
                        X