Multiuser functionality in KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiuser functionality in KitKat

What is the score with multi-user functionality and KitKat? Multi-User used to work out the box in 4.2 but in 4.4 it seems it needs to addition of some sort of additional framework (Xposed) to make it work. Have I got that correct or is there some other way of enabling multi-user in KitKat 4.4.

There is a convoluted way of implementing it in the system, but it doesn't always work.

The easiest way to do it is to install Xposed Framework and use the Multi-User Module.

While I have tested setting up multiple users in KK, I have not tested how it performs with running apps.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      There is a convoluted way of implementing it in the system, but it doesn't always work.

The easiest way to do it is to install Xposed Framework and use the Multi-User Module.

While I have tested setting up multiple users in KK, I have not tested how it performs with running apps.
      Not having much success in installing Xposed framework to get multiuser support back again.

Having installed Xposed Framework I find that the only multiuser module available is:
      'Multiple users for phone'
      Enable multiple users/profiles xposed mod on phone
      Tablets already support multiple users

I don't know if this is safe to install on a tablet, it is clearly designed for phones only.

Why have Google removed multi-user support from KitKat when it worked perfectly well under 4.2?

Comment

Is it only Pipo KitKat which has multi-user support disabled other KitKat users seem to think it still works for them.

Comment

So is it safe to install Xposed 'Multiple users for phone' on a tablet?

Comment

Has anyone tested this on an android stick? It is there any other way to get this to work on a stick?
            Would love to have multi user support there.....

Comment

I think Android 4.3 is good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
              X