Stock ICS ROM for Arnova 9G2I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock ICS ROM for Arnova 9G2I

Hello all! I am new to the forum and also the joys of ROMs etc, so firstly I would like to thank you all for the plethora of information on the forums for tweaking my tab!

I bought a 9G2I a couple of weeks ago and promptly had a bit of a play with different firmware versions (primarily to get the Play Store up and running), but in my haste and excitement, I forgot to save the original firmware!

As there are a few ROMS out there based on this firmware, I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of a copy of the stock ICS ROM for this model?

Again many thanks to you all (especially Finless, loving the Gingercomb!!)

Dave.

I have never heard of the 9G2I ?????

I know of the 9G2 and the 9G3 in which the 9G3 ICS ROM will work on the 9G2.
    If my gingercomb works then sounds like it is a 9G2 so in theory any ROM for the 9G2 or 9G3 will work!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hey Bob!

Sorry, I should have been more clear! The 9g2I is the 9g2 which ships with the ICS firmware as standard. From what you are saying though, I should be able to use the 9G3 firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Yours, a slightly confused scotsman!

Comment

Originally posted by DavyC View Post
        Hey Bob!

Sorry, I should have been more clear! The 9g2I is the 9g2 which ships with the ICS firmware as standard. From what you are saying though, I should be able to use the 9G3 firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Yours, a slightly confused scotsman!
        Correct! I cant say for sure if the 9g2 ICS ROM is 100% the same but we do know the 9G3 ROM works on the 9G2.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by DavyC View Post
          As there are a few ROMS out there based on this firmware, I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of a copy of the stock ICS ROM for this model?
          This one is the stock ROM used by BOB to create the 9G2 Rooted+GooglePlay ICS ROM, it should be identical to your original 9G2I ROM (unless for some reason your tablet had a newer version created after this dump, but anyway this is "Arnova original" dump).

Here you also have the original Gingerbread Arnova dump, but I do not think it's very interesting for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            I have never heard of the 9G2I ?????

I know of the 9G2 and the 9G3 in which the 9G3 ICS ROM will work on the 9G2.
            If my gingercomb works then sounds like it is a 9G2 so in theory any ROM for the 9G2 or 9G3 will work!

Bob
            9G2I is the same tablet as the 9G2, but with ICS installed.
            The ICS ROM dump on this forum is coming exactly from the 9G2I tablet.

As far as I know we do not have the original 9G3 ROM dump: all your modification are based either on the 9G2 or the 9G2I dump.

Comment

Hi fillab and Bob,

Thanks for the help!

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X