Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a new tablet

Hey everyone

I wanna buy a new tablet, I want a good one for a very cheap price.

I'd like:
    Size: Doesn't matter
    CPU: Dual-Core or Quad-core
    RAM: 1GB

I was thinking about

Is this a good one? Or do you have any other idea?
    Do some suggestions please, thanks!

looks similar to the cube mini only 8gig rather than 16 gig. the cube mini available from ali express for about $130 with delivery. sellers eternal and elijah have 'good' reputations but it's all relative.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Re: Buying a new tablet

Is this site trustable?
      I read some comments about people who got scammed..

Verstuurd van mijn ST25i met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by linh721990 View Post
        Is this site trustable?
        I read some comments about people who got scammed..

It is not a scam site I have ordered two tablets from them and got great service, we would not allow them to advertise here on FreakTab if they where

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
        Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
        <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
        <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
        <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
        https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
        </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
          It is not a scam site I have ordered two tablets from them and got great service, we would not allow them to advertise here on FreakTab if they where

Thanks for your quick reply!

Why are there such bad reviews then? But I mean Aliexpress, or are they advertising aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by linh721990 View Post
            Thanks for your quick reply!

Why are there such bad reviews then? But I mean Aliexpress, or are they advertising aswell?

Verstuurd van mijn ST25i Tapatalk
            Aliexpress do not advertise here

In4dealz is a different company

I can only speak from a personal point of view I ordered a two tablets one of them been Bob's Tablet, got a Dhl tracking Number and got it delivered in the UK in about ten days, ordered a case it came in about the same time.

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            </form>

Comment

Okay thanks for the advise! This is very usefull!

Comment

This is in stark contrast ordering Bob a tablet from Merrimobiles which took over and month, a tracking Number that did not work for 30 days and bad service

</form>

Comment

Re aliexpress

If you are going to buy from aliexpress then do some research and understand the risks.

Pros
                  Price/performance ratio cannot be matched

Cons
                  Good sellers on aliexpress would be bad/out of business sellers in US
                  If your tab goes faulty then the returns process is at best slow and drawn out
                  Supplied power supply and cables Gerry poor and often fail
                  No worthwhile user support

I've brought two tabs from Elijah on aliexpress. On one the power supply and the sdcard have failed (I've also broken the USB port off the circuit board, my fault), the other works a treat. I got the tabs for a very good price and am happy with them.

A couple of worthwhile points
                  Aliexpress is a middle man and operate an escrow service. No funds reach the supplier until you have confirmed receipt, I test before I confirm.
                  I pay by credit card and would hope that if things go wrong I would have the backing of the credit card company.
                  I select the despatch method carefully so I get the tab in a timely fashion.

Despite the hardware issues on the first tab I still get good use from it.

My next tab will probably be from aliexpress.
                  900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Hello, sorry for the late reply.. But what do you think of the nexus 7? And do you know anyone whos shipping it from the USA to Europe? Its ALOT cheaper in the USA! (200$ vs €250)

Thanks alot

Comment

Re Nexus 7. I'd the lack of external sd card and hdmi are not an issue to you then they should be a good buy. I particularly like the look of the 32 gig 3g version just announced.

As a geek I enjoy messing around with modifying and flashing firmware so it's probably not for me.
                      900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Well it doesnt really matter to me. Do you know anyone who can ship it from the USA to Belgium?

Comment

Working...
                        X